S-Class (W140) 1991-1999: 300 SD, S 350TD, 300 SE 2.8, S280, 300 SE 3.2, 300 SEL 3.2, S320, S320L, 400 SE, S420, 400 SEL, S420L, 500 SE, S500, 500 SEL, S500L, 600 SE, S600, 600 SEL, S600L, 500 SEC, 600 SEC

Project S32 ///amg !!!!!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.

Old 05-25-2005, 12:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
90 300E, 03 E55 Black designo, 06 IWC CLS55
Originally Posted by tommyb
lower profile tires make you have more torque? what the hell are you talking about? that has nothing to do with having the car rev faster.

its soo sad to see how long this tread is. its just full of useless crap that doesn't even make any sense. i'm surprised how many people give you props. they must be dumber than you.

YOU NEED TO CHILL. IF YOU THINK OMEY IS WRONG THEN EXPLAIN WHY HE IS WRONG, IN YOUR OPINION. DO NOT JUST ATTACK
YOU THINK EVERYTHING OMEY SAYS IS WRONG OR STUPID, WHY DONT YOU EXPLAIN YOUR THEORIES AND SHOW US YOUR WORK? YOU PROBABLY DONT WANT TO BECAUSE YOUR RIDE IS WHACK OR YOU DONT HAVE A RIDE IN THE FIRST PLACE. YOU HAVE ZERO RESPECT FROM THE ADULTS ON THIS FORUM. YOU ARE A LAUGHING STOCK. ITS OBVIOUS YOU ARE SOME KID WHO IS EXTREMELY INSECURE AND NEEDS TO ATTEMPT 'PUT-DOWNS' ON PEOPLE IN THIS FORUM BECAUSE WE ARE ALL DEALING WITH EACHOTHER OVER THE INTERNET. YOU OBVIOUSLY WOULD NEVER SAY THE THINGS YOU ARE SAYING TO ANYONE IN PERSON BECAUSE YOU KNOW YOU WILL BE TORN APART AND SQUASHED LIKE THE PIECE OF TRASH THAT YOU ARE.

'...THEY MUST BE DUMBER THAN YOU'.

THAT CROSSED THE LINE. SOMEONE GET THIS IMMATURE LITTLE KID SOME CANDY TO SUCK ON WHILE HE GETS THROWN THE F**K OFF THIS FORUM.

GET A LIFE YOU SILLY PATHETIC IGNORANT LITTLE BOY. IM ALWAYS TALKING ABOUT MERCS BUT I GOTTA TAKE A TIME OUT TO SET YOUR CHILDISH A*S STRAIGHT.

IM OUT.
Old 05-25-2005, 07:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree sam, couldn't have said it better myself, this forum was completely peaceful until those two guys started posting here (tommyB, and spdracer53).
Old 05-29-2005, 09:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

UPDATE:

hey guys, I recently just put the car in the shop for the hesistation i've been having at idle and full throttle. While it is in the shop i went ahead and ordered two Kuhmo MX 245/40/18's to give the front a sharper turn in with much more traction and drop it just a tad to give the front and rear an equal look. Also The resonator is coming in thursday and once that comes in the 3rd generation exhaust will finally be done and i should be done on the exhaust side of things for some time now. few more things here and there but not gonna reveal them yet . I will take pics when i get the car back and hopefully get a dyno with the current gains.
Old 05-30-2005, 05:59 PM

90 300E, 03 E55 Black designo, 06 IWC CLS55
OMEY let us know whats behind the hesitation you were experiencing. Hopefully its not too big a problem my friend
Old 06-03-2005, 01:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Custom Resonator arrived (pics)!!

hey guys, well FINALLY after a few weeks of trying to get it i finally got my custom long tube resonator in. I am VERY happy with the quality of the resonator and here are the specs..

- 34" resonator body
- 2" extentions on each end
- 2.5" diameter throughout the resonator
- 38" total body length

As you can see from the pics below this resonator is a monster, standing up over 3 feet tall. This will definately take care of all my resonance problems but still provide great flow characteristics and help make the entire system much better.

as you may have noticed it does have luvers that stick out into the air stream but this will make little or no effect on the air stream and is still pretty much almost completely free flowing. There are some resonators out there that are completely free flowing but my first resonator was one of those types and it did not help resonance at all so i upgrade to these style. Also if you notice the luvers are in a spiral pattern allowing the air to move in a vortex motion for a better scavaging effect. Also the little luvers will make sure backpressure does not go too low b/c too little back pressure is bad on naturally aspirated motors.

I cannot wait to install this bad boy I'll keep yall updated. (rotate last picture to see it standing up b/c forum wouldn't let me attach vertically for some reason) .

Old 06-03-2005, 10:18 AM

2018 GLS63 AMG
Your car is looking great. I think a S600 grill and the Lorinser front bumper with external fog lights will finish it off very nicely.
Old 06-03-2005, 12:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ya im definately getting the S600 grill, i just haven't ordered it yet.
Old 06-06-2005, 05:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hey guys, good news shop is almost done with the car and I will have good MP3's of the exhaust sound once its done, the resonator was test fit and its perfect. I also got the mandrel bend piping to work just fine. The entire exhaust system only cost $157 (plus labor) so that just goes to show you that an inexpensive high performance exhaust system is easily possible. Also i told them to raise the exhaust tips about a half inch to make it close to the bumper as well as paint the rest of the exhaust black except the tips for both protection and so only the tips are visible from the rear (muffler body not visible). i'll keep yall updated.
Old 06-06-2005, 05:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BTW what the hell happened to this thread it used to be 20 pages long, now its only 5
Old 06-08-2005, 06:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

RESONATOR UPDATE:

hey guys, well the 34" resonator is in and so is the mandrel bent pipe. Unfortunately it didn't do as much as i thought it would. The resonance at 2000-2500 rpm is reduced but now with the larger mandrel bent piping the exhaust volume is slightly louder. So its a trade off. its still not as bad as it was but its still too loud with makes me think that i need to replace the ebay muffler with one with more muffling capability. Any ideas?
Old 06-09-2005, 07:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hey guys.

After doing some researched i found a new exhaust setup (this will be 4th generation). I will go with a Magnaflow Universal stainless muffler wtih Magnaflow stainless tips. This should really help out the exhaust alot. This will be the last exhaust mod i do for some time. I just want it to sound a tad quieter and more refined while still remaining free flowing and make HP. I will keep yall updated.
Old 06-16-2005, 04:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hey guys. another update. I am ordering a magnaflow muffler with magnaflow stainless steel tips, if the exhaust sounds good enough I will give wholesale pricing to you forum members if it sounds good enough. I am a distributor for magnaflow so I will see how it turns out, I have a feeling it will sound really good. Anyways I will let yall know once its installed by end of next week.
Old 06-17-2005, 02:54 AM

1998 s320 is mine.Wife drives 2002 c32
Originally Posted by 99bmw740il

typical ricer comment- except you prefer to rice benz instead of honda

Your right- your v6 tank is faster, handles better, brakes better, looks better, is more reliable, and is just better then my bmw 740...
well my friend i just traded in my 2000 740 il.it was fast car but reminded me too much of my wife accord.not much diffrence in comfort between those two.ill never buy another 7-series unless its a new model.friend of mine just sold his 2002 bmw x5,that car was really piece of junk,had zero comfort and constant problem but i have to admit it looked good.my experiance with 740 is my experiance with 98 s320
Old 06-17-2005, 03:41 AM

1998 s320 is mine.Wife drives 2002 c32
Thumbs up good job

Originally Posted by OmeyHomey
Hey guys. another update. I am ordering a magnaflow muffler with magnaflow stainless steel tips, if the exhaust sounds good enough I will give wholesale pricing to you forum members if it sounds good enough. I am a distributor for magnaflow so I will see how it turns out, I have a feeling it will sound really good. Anyways I will let yall know once its installed by end of next week.
hi guys,omeyhomey i just want to tell you that you doing great job,look how many people is interested in what you doing.i got family in germany,my cousins told me that there is plenty of people geting their mbs tunned to amg.keep up good work.i assure you that you are right about s-klasse coming out of factory with amg badges having only amg wheels.many german customers order them this way.keep up good work and keep us posted
Old 06-17-2005, 06:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

well my mosselman twin turbo project idea fell through but I am going to finish the rest of my stuff soon.
Old 06-17-2005, 06:57 PM
Almost a Member!

Hi Omey, I have been thinking about getting springs too but couldn't really decide amongst the choice: h&r, eibach, intrax, etc. I have been concerned about having too much of a drop - don't want to have the slammed look. I have a 98 s500 and a mechanic from another board swears that there is no spring set for this model without major modification because of the self-leveling suspension in this model. However, I have heard from others that h&r springs will work with s/l suspension. I am intrigued by the intrax that you have put on yours. The look is very nice - not too much of a drop and the description of the handling is great. I often go 90-100 mph on my car but I get scared when going on uneven roads and big curves because of the floating or losing control feeling in the current setup. I have recently installed bilpstein shocks b/c the oem was a bit worned. I have order clear corners and 20" lowenhart br5 rims which I hope will arrive soon. Do you know if I could still get the Intrax after I put the 20" on? Thanks and keep up the good work. I wish I could do 1/10th of the things you know how to do. I will post a pic when I get the clear corners and new rims.
Old 06-18-2005, 03:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

most springs will drop W140's about 1-1.25 inches. I will take more pics of the S32 once its out of the shop now that the car has settled. it really looks good, the front looks a tad bit low but i think its b/c of the tires i have on there, once i change those it should look better. mine are 18's though, 20's are a whole different story b/c it changes the way the wheel fill in the wheel wells so its hard to say. I love hte intrax. they are only slightly firmer than stock and still perform great and the car no longer feels like it loses control over un even terrain and etc which is why i got these b/c the car just didn't feel safe, now it feels very safe. hope that helps.
Old 06-24-2005, 08:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Good news guys, new magnaflow 18" (5x8) exhaust is finally in and so are the magnaflow tips and they look AMAZING with magnaflow logo on the sides. super high quality stainless tips should look real good on the car. I can't wait to put them on. I will drop them off first thing monday morning and then once I do that I will be able to see how the car sounds, it should really clean up the sound of the exhaust and make it sound the way it should. The muffler has almost 3 times the muffling capacity of the ebay muffler i got and its a true single/single exhaust then the tips split after that so it should really help sound quality, that plus the super long body custom resonator should make it sound as close to a V8 as possible for a 6CYL, I will have sound clips soon. until the next update ttyl guys
Old 06-24-2005, 09:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

well guys here are the picture for the 3rd generation exhaust and this should be the last redo of the exhaust. I chose the 18" aluminized 5x8 magnaflow free flow muffler b/c its the largest one that can fit our W140's with the tips. The tips are roughly 10" long but b/c you can overap it should realy only come out to about 26-28" total length which is perfect, that plus the 34" monster resonator i have it will really sould like a AMG V8.

THe muffler was about $79, and the tips were about $60 so for roughly $140 plus the $54 for the resonator you can have a top notch sounding system. I will have sound clips early next week. I have a feeling it will sound perfect. Oh by the way if anyone wants my exhaust you have have it for free just pay for shipping (great for those if you who plan to keep stock resonator.

anyways here are the pics
Attached Thumbnails Project S32 ///amg !!!!!-pict0261.jpg   Project S32 ///amg !!!!!-pict0262.jpg   Project S32 ///amg !!!!!-pict0263.jpg   Project S32 ///amg !!!!!-pict0264.jpg   Project S32 ///amg !!!!!-pict0265.jpg  

Old 06-27-2005, 01:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

the car is in the shop, i should have sound clips by tomorrow night
Old 06-28-2005, 05:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Great news!!! EXHAUST OFFICIALLY DONE!!!!!!!!!

Hey guys, for those of you who have been following my project I have tried out many exhaust setups but just was not happy with the results, so i finally after 3 tries I got it right. So heres the final setup
  1. Mandrel bent 2.5" diameter piping throughout the whole system
  2. 34" long, 2.5" diameter custom resonator
  3. Magnaflow 5x8 aluminized muffler, 18" long 2.5" diameter
  4. Magnaflow Stainless Steel dual tips

The exhaust system is MUCH MUCH more refined now with the new exhaust and its actually a tad bit on the quiet side but as the initial muffler packing burns away it will get slightly louder over time. at idle it sounds extremely smooth and high quality with just a slight burble to give it that aggressive V8 sound. Driving it around the exhaust no longer drones at all and is very smoooth and you can tell its there but its barely noticed compared to before where it hurt your ears. the magnaflow muffler is a true straight pipe design so it gives maximum airflow while still. I may change the resonator now that i have a much bigger muffler to Aero turbine later but that will probably be a long time from now, i want this muffler to break-in and once the sound settles i will decide from then on. Power definately feels great but still trying to fix the bad sparkplug wires and etc, once I do that I will get a definative dyno. Sound clips will be coming in the next few days, shop has been delaying it so it will be a few days before i can get sound bytes. ttyl
Old 07-03-2005, 04:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

hey guys, after driving the car for a few days i couldn't be happier with the sound. the car sounds SOO much better and for daily cruising its perfect but at wide open throttle it sounds very aggressive and perfect. the exhaust is still breaking in but once thats done I will get sound clips of the exhaust. definately an amazing exhaust. i highly recommend.
Old 07-05-2005, 06:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

hello again guys,

Well i FINALLY got around to installing my 245/40/18 Kuhmo MX's. WOW what a difference they made. Before, with my old tires which were 245/45/18's (dunlap sport SP9000's i believe), the car had a tendancy to understeer and ABS would kick in very soon. With these new Kuhmo MX on the fronts (kuhmo 712's still on backs), the car feels completely different now. The car no longer understeers at all, and the braking is phenominal and the best parts is ABS never even has to kick in anymore and it stops on a time compared to before. The steering responce is also much better due to the lower profile and better sidewalls of the Kuhmo MX, car handles exactly the way i want it, i probably will run Kuhmo MX's from now on. Handling is even better and with Intrax springs the car handles amazingly considering its weight and etc. Tires made a much bigger difference than I anticipated and I definately recommend Kuhmo MX since they are the best bang for the buck tires on the market.
Old 07-05-2005, 07:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Well guys as sad as it is to say Project S32 AMG is nearing its end. Kuhmo MX's are now on the car and so is the final exhaust (at least planned). I also got my rear lip spoiler in today and so far even unpainted it looks awesome, should look great on the car. once I do that that will probably be the last mod. Due to lack of funding and huge project on the M3 i don't have any more money to spend on the S32 but from the beginning to the end it has been one hell of a project and tons of fun. the only thing left to do is get one final dyno in to see what it can pull and show proof of the gains. The exhaust really has transformed the low end torque and now there is a wall of torque at 2000 rpm for daily cruising which is perfect. so not only did the mods help power wise but they also helped driveability. Anyways i will keep u guys updated on any last and final mods. I hope yall have enjoyed it as much as I have . THere will be one last batch of pictures to come. ttyl guys.
Old 07-11-2005, 07:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Generation 3 Carbon fiber cold ram air intake installed !!

Hey guys,

well now that the final exhaust was done it was time to tackle the intake and finish that up. It was still a hot air intake which was robbing precious HP so i decided to finally do that. Luckily Lowes hardward store has a 4"-3" rubber coupling reducer which was exactly what i needed. So i attached the counpling between the ram air pipe from the front grill to the CF head sheilded intake filter. In doing so now I have true cold air coming to the filter and it also has a ram air effect because the air is coming directly from the outside via front grille. As you can see it looks great and fuctions great too. I am very happy with the intake. I have yet to take it out for a spin at night (with the cold air outside) but I will let yall know soon how it turns out. enjoy the pics.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.

Quick Reply: Project S32 ///amg !!!!!