S-Class (W140) 1991-1999: 300 SD, S 350TD, 300 SE 2.8, S280, 300 SE 3.2, 300 SEL 3.2, S320, S320L, 400 SE, S420, 400 SEL, S420L, 500 SE, S500, 500 SEL, S500L, 600 SE, S600, 600 SEL, S600L, 500 SEC, 600 SEC

Project S32 ///amg !!!!!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.

Old 07-28-2005, 11:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i've never see ANY mass produced performance parts for the 300SE at all. no intake, exhaust or headers or anything. Finding a chip seems harder and harder even, im doubting if they even exist, a few people claim to have them but im still skeptical.
Old 08-04-2005, 01:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S600 carbon fiber grill ordered

hey guys, I bought a S600 grille today and it is the same S600 grille that you guys have seen except the backing is made of "carbon fiber" (i think its fake CF but still looked good in the pics). I ordered it today and should have it in a few business days so I will take pics as soon as it arrives as well as new pics of the interior (did full detail with new carpets).

Last edited by Bernanke; 08-04-2005 at 01:36 AM.
Old 08-04-2005, 10:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hey guys, well after much deliberation looks like I will be selling my m3 and W140 will now be my primary car. Sucks but i guess its a good thing. my W140 has been really good to me and barely given me any problems so I am very happy with the car and it will now be my primary driver. With that said... seems like the S32 will be getting some more mods .

Next mods: aftermarket amp for the stock subs and Royal purple in the tranny.
Old 08-05-2005, 10:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2020 BMW X3M Comp
Good lord... are you talking to yourself?

I suppose not since there are 10,344 views but why isn't anyone talking back?
Old 08-05-2005, 10:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheeled car.
Originally Posted by OmeyHomey
Hey guys, well after much deliberation looks like I will be selling my m3 and W140 will now be my primary car. Sucks but i guess its a good thing. my W140 has been really good to me and barely given me any problems so I am very happy with the car and it will now be my primary driver. With that said... seems like the S32 will be getting some more mods .

Next mods: aftermarket amp for the stock subs and Royal purple in the tranny.
Ok changing the fluid in your tranny is NOT a mod. And I don't know why someone would change the amp on stock "subs."

Homey...quit while you're ahead. It's a bit ridiculous.
Old 08-06-2005, 01:08 AM

a Few Nice cars.
Originally Posted by The Godfather
Ok changing the fluid in your tranny is NOT a mod. And I don't know why someone would change the amp on stock "subs."

Homey...quit while you're ahead. It's a bit ridiculous.

Omey,I agree man there not "MODS" persay but more like Upgrades,Use the term Upgrade for stuff like that and use MOD for things like the Exhaust,Supercharger..and BTW since your car is a S32 you do need a Supercharger installed like the S55 and S65 does :p ..not knocking your work on yer car,i love your car dude its niceee,but to keep the haters off you about the term MOD for things like the AMP,TRANNY FLUID,CARPETS,ECT..use these terms "UPGRADED" "cUSTOM"...Keep your car going man..how much was the S600 Grill?
Old 08-06-2005, 03:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

fine fine, i'll tone it down a bit.

S600 was like $84 plus shipping, i'lll take pics of the grille when it comes in.

The tranny fluid royal purple is a legitimate upgrade though b/c it really makes the tranny feel much better.
Old 08-06-2005, 11:05 PM

a Few Nice cars.
let me know how well the RP does...having a 94 s500 it wouldnt hurt helping out the old tranny with some RP
Old 08-08-2005, 03:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

UPDATE:

Hey guys, the "carbon fiber" S600 grill game in today and I am very happy wth the results, it looks awesome. especially at certain angles. upclose its obvioulsy not CF but from far away it looks like it. regardless if its real or not it still gives a very sport look to the grille. Cannot wait to install. here are the pics.
Attached Thumbnails Project S32 ///amg !!!!!-pict0311.jpg   Project S32 ///amg !!!!!-pict0312.jpg   Project S32 ///amg !!!!!-pict0313.jpg   Project S32 ///amg !!!!!-pict0314.jpg  
Old 08-09-2005, 02:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

UPDATE: pics of grilled installed.

Finally installed the grille, only took about 20 min. I am very happy with the look, it definately gives the car a very sporty look and i think its great especially for only $4 more than the regular S600 grill. heres the pics...

Old 08-09-2005, 04:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1986 560SEL, 97 BMW 740iL
Wow, looks good.
Old 08-09-2005, 09:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

thanks dtkw
Old 08-23-2005, 08:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hey guys, well im still searching for good software but coming up short. anyone have any ideas?
Old 08-23-2005, 08:56 PM

96 S320

hey i like what you have done to your car so far. I have a white 96 s320 so far i have de bagged it and gone 5% tint all around. i want to do intake and get the same magnaflow exaust you have and i plan on getting new wheels and tires. anyway i wanna start with intake and exhaust but cant find anything thats made for it. do you just buy universal intake and exhaust and then modifiy it to fit? and where did you buy your stuff from?
Old 08-24-2005, 01:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by beachbum2027
hey i like what you have done to your car so far. I have a white 96 s320 so far i have de bagged it and gone 5% tint all around. i want to do intake and get the same magnaflow exaust you have and i plan on getting new wheels and tires. anyway i wanna start with intake and exhaust but cant find anything thats made for it. do you just buy universal intake and exhaust and then modifiy it to fit? and where did you buy your stuff from?

You can see the various generations i did with my exhaust throughout this thread and i've learned alot about doing custom exhaust on cars through the process. Try not to cut corners and go with cheap stuff b/c in the end you will only be paying more money. stick to reputable manufacturers such as magnaflow. I love magnaflow's quality refined sound and i think it fits the character of our cars very well. There are NO mods for 6cyl's unfortunately when it comes to power, its all custom, thats what makes modding the 6's so hard b/c theres nothing off the shelf that u can just bolt on so to speak. yes majority of my stuff i had to modify myself. The intake i bought off ebay and customized it numerous times until i got it just right. majority of my stuff has been bought off ebay including the generation 1-2 exhausts. but for a more refined sound i went with mafnaflow muffler and magnaflow tips. The muffler and tips were purchased at www.justmagnaflow.com by far the cheapest place i've found online. majority of their prices are almost 50% off (or more) from magnaflows suggested retail price and they ship the stuff VERY quickly.

Intake wise i chose ractive "CF" heat sheilded intake b/c its the only universal filter that you can use for a true ram air intake setup. its only like $10-20 on ebay shipped, i then used a generic 3.0" diameter intake piping kit off ebay (i think it was for a ford or something) that had a full 90 degree curve in it and relocated the mass airflow sensor as shown in the pics earlier in this post. Software is honestly the biggest tackle for our cars. still trying to find a reputable source but majority of the manufacturers either stopped making it or simply don't carry it. When i do find a good one for decent price I will definately let yall know for sure.

hope that helps. i'll keep yall updated on any major updates. thx
Old 08-24-2005, 03:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hey guys, after doing a ton of research I think i will finally go with Speedtuningusa.com chip. chips for NA motors will only make roughly 15-20 crank HP at most (roughly 10-15 wheel HP). however since I am running intake and exhaust its crucial b/c my A/F ratios are way off and car is running lean. I will also be doing yet ANOTHER exhaust redo b/c im most probably going to do headers so i figured it would be best to get rid of the luvered exhaust for a 100% free flow for the absolute maximum possible flow. Headers are still in the works too. My goal is 220-230 WHEEL HP with consistant and perfect A/F ratios. right now car is just pulling way too much timing for my liking so gonna do this software upgrade. Haven't spoken to Oliver yet but when I Do I will ask about possible stage 2 or high software options. anyways just keeping yall updated.
Old 08-28-2005, 01:31 AM

c43
please do clear corners man its euro all the way, will much improve your car, please for everyone just do it (:
Old 08-29-2005, 11:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

actually to tell u the truth, I think full clear euro's is too ricey, I actually already like my updated OEM semi-clears and I will get orange bulbs. Right now I have just the regular white bulbs so it looks too ricey for my tastes. I'm also going to put the Eurolite xenons in lows and highs and remove that ugly yellow foglight capsule. should look great.

Sorry for the delay guys on alot of the mods but my car got towed recently so i haven't had a chance to do any mods to it but i just got it back. I'm desperately trying to fix my tires and wheels scenario and also get the Royal purple tranny fluid. Royal purple i think will really help change the car. I will keep yall updated but due to request I am trying to not post too much under this thread unless its crucial info .
Old 08-30-2005, 12:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hey guys, Minor Update:

yesterday I went to best buy and had my Inifinity Basslink 200watt 10" sub (all-in-one system) installed. It cost like $120 but worth it since its lifetime warranty included on all labor. HOWEVER, after realizing that the trunk was sealed as informed by the best buy head stereo tech he said that If I took out the 4 rear speakers it would act as perfect ports for the cabin and since the 4 rear speaker shelf speakers do not work anyways once u convert over to aftermarket headunit I decided I will go ahead and take those out since they are useless. The inifinity basslink is directly connected to the Subwoofer preouts on my JVC MP3 headunit. right now no bass gets thorugh b/c our W140's are honestly built like tanks, even the stereo tech had trouble getting over how strong our W140's are built. I will let u guys know once its done but if it sounds anything like my ported BMW trunk then it will wound amazing.

i'll have pics once its done
Old 08-30-2005, 01:08 AM

c43
where do you get royal purple I am looking into flushing my tranny as well you might want to try B&M Trick Shift or redline atf I heard those are very very good as well B&M being better than redline
Old 08-30-2005, 01:09 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Hey guys, Minor Update:

yesterday I went to best buy and had my Inifinity Basslink 200watt 10" sub (all-in-one system) installed. It cost like $120 but worth it since its lifetime warranty included on all labor. HOWEVER, after realizing that the trunk was sealed as informed by the best buy head stereo tech he said that If I took out the 4 rear speakers it would act as perfect ports for the cabin and since the 4 rear speaker shelf speakers do not work anyways once u convert over to aftermarket headunit I decided I will go ahead and take those out since they are useless. The inifinity basslink is directly connected to the Subwoofer preouts on my JVC MP3 headunit. right now no bass gets thorugh b/c our W140's are honestly built like tanks, even the stereo tech had trouble getting over how strong our W140's are built. I will let u guys know once its done but if it sounds anything like my ported BMW trunk then it will wound amazing.

i'll have pics once its done
Omey, I hate to be a party pooper, but return the Basslink. They are horrible things.
Old 08-30-2005, 02:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

are u serious? i think its the best thing ever. I refuse to use anything else. Even guys at best buy couldn't believe how good it sounded. theres no other package that has 200watt amp, 10" sub and case all under 15lbs. i refuse to use anything else. for the money and weight i really dont think it can be beat.
Old 08-30-2005, 02:22 AM
Out Of Control!!

are u serious? i think its the best thing ever. I refuse to use anything else. Even guys at best buy couldn't believe how good it sounded. theres no other package that has 200watt amp, 10" sub and case all under 15lbs. i refuse to use anything else. for the money and weight i really dont think it can be beat.
I guess it depends on the music you play.

I play a lot of heavy metal and rap so the basslink can't respond fast enough nor is it low enough.
Old 08-30-2005, 02:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

really? wow my experience has been completely opposite. I thought the bass is phenominal. I think using the truck as a ported box does yeild much better results though than maybe just an open cabin SUV or etc. so i can't comment on that setup but on a similar setup on my M3 it was as perfect as bass could get in my opinion. not too much bass, just the right high quality bass that i need.

to each his own i guess.
Old 08-30-2005, 02:26 AM
Out Of Control!!

I used to have my trunk as a ported box. That's the best thing you can do. Deep, resounding bass. It's perfect

I tried the bass link all in one in a ported trunk and an open airsystem, I hated it

But bro, if it's working, by all means keep it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.

Quick Reply: Project S32 ///amg !!!!!