S-Class (W140) 1991-1999: 300 SD, S 350TD, 300 SE 2.8, S280, 300 SE 3.2, 300 SEL 3.2, S320, S320L, 400 SE, S420, 400 SEL, S420L, 500 SE, S500, 500 SEL, S500L, 600 SE, S600, 600 SEL, S600L, 500 SEC, 600 SEC

Project S32 ///amg !!!!!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.

Old 04-11-2005, 05:50 PM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
91 300E
forget everybody else

keep up the work on your W140 and hope you enjoy it when its done.
Old 04-11-2005, 09:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ok, I'm sick and tired of these little dueshbag wanna performance guys. I am the only one in the W140 forum to have even posted a baseline dyno. I have stated all of my modifications with instructions so that others could modify their cars. I was trying to teach everyone that just b/c you have a benz doesnt mean you have to be ripped of like every other benz owner b/c the performance companies think benz drivers are retards. You can get the same power for almost no $ and do it yourself.

I will be getting dyno's of the custom intake and exhaust setup and i would be hard pressed to find another W140 6-cyl out there that will be putting down the power I will be once i'm done with all my mods.

its amazing HOW little most benz drivers no and how SCARED they are when it comes to modding their cars.. thank god i have my BMW M3 as my real performance car but this car is still awesome and the 6cyl has alot of potential. I will be finishing up the car this summer and then I will really have alot of evidence and dyno proof to show what the car is capable of for less than three hundred invested in performance parts (if that).

AndreNY - grow up, king320- go back to the CLK forum, the rest of you haters go sell your car and buy a honda, you don't deserve to drive a benz.
Old 04-13-2005, 12:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c43
Originally Posted by OmeyHomey
AndreNY - grow up, king320- go back to the CLK forum, the rest of you haters go sell your car and buy a honda, you don't deserve to drive a benz.
True dat... good for you, and I always like to read updates from you, just wish you would update your sites more often...
Old 04-13-2005, 03:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ya i will update my website very soon with alot more picks, this summer i will finish the project car and get dyno's and everything. The car already sounds AMAZING. a C32 buddy of mine has heard the car (Roozy) and he said it sounded awesome, he said it sounded like a V8 so he was really impressed. the sound is awesome i just need to try and get a bit more of that resonance out of the exhaust system and once i do that it will be pretty much perfect. Then I will do maybe big bore throttle body and software and springs and then call it quits. it will be one mean 6-banger W140.
Old 04-18-2005, 06:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hey guys, update:

Well benz recently got a huge overhaul. The head gasket bad (which is one of the only thing that ever does on the 6cyls) and i replaced that. While i did that I did timing chain and chain tensioner as well b/c the chain would rattle at idle and it finally got rid of that idle chain chatter. New thermostat and other engine components were replaced as necessary. Overall it came ou to $1900 which isn't bad i guess considering its the only time i've ever really had to replace anything on the car so maintenance wise its been a great car.

Performance wise i only have two or three mods left. I finally went ahead and ordered the Intrax progressive rate lowering springs for the benz. The last 2 manufaturers i tried to get discontinued springs on me so hopefully this one will go through b/c im running out of options for progressive rate springs (softer ride than H&R and Eibachs which are linear). I will also be doing one last revision on the exhaust getting a custom length free fow resonator as long as i can possibly fit between cat flange and rear axle, right now im running dual inline 10" resonators which is really only like 8" of acoustical fiber each, If i get a single long tube custom resonator i should be able to fit a 24" resonator which would be nearly 1.5 times more acoustical absorbtion then i have now, or maybe even more depending on how long a tube i can fit. Also this time I will go ahead and get Mandrel bent piping from Jegs to finish off the exhaust system so its dones properly, no more kink bends.

i still have not figured out if i will do software b/c doing software for my car is very difficult to find but I willl try my best. Other then that the car will be pretty much done minus a few cosmetics here and there.

More updates to come in the coming weeks.
Old 04-18-2005, 07:53 PM

c43
what happened to headers????
Old 04-18-2005, 10:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ehh. im trying to save up money for a 2002-2003 Lotus Twin Turbo Esprit V8 so i'm only doing little stuff here and there from now on, springs is the last big upgrade along with exhaust revision #3.
Old 04-19-2005, 04:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hey guys,

After doing some research i found out that a local Tuner (Dynocomp in scottsdale AZ) carries Evotech software. Evotech software is a german company that does software for almost all european cars and i hear their work is excellent. It turns out also they make A LOT of software for mercedes and they actually do have a chip for my S320 so i have a feeling I will be getting that chip after all . It will probably be expensive but honestly i dont really have a choice b/c there are so few options for this 6banger. They do have software for all W140's but since there are cheap Ebay chips for the V8's i would just go for those instead. anyways I just thought i would let yall know.
Old 04-27-2005, 01:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

hey guys, not much of an updated:

I updated the website finally, just changed a few things around but keep watching it in the coming weeks b/c I will be taking pics of the car all over the car (as well as under for the exhaust ). ttyl
Old 05-03-2005, 06:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

UPDATE:

hey guys, Intrax springs FINALLY came so now i actually have a set of springs on my hand. My AMG brushed aluminum pedals arrived too and the AMG liscence plate frame is on the way. i will have pics in less than two weeks of the the rest of the mods
Old 05-11-2005, 07:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Update: Exhaust Pics

hey guys,,

finally some pics. here are pics of the exhaust tips and the exhaust. I do not have full pics of the exhaust system from underneath the car but I think these will at least show you what the system looks like. I really like the way the tips protrude out from the bumper and i'm very happy with the results. The only thing i have to do is redesign the muffler / piping setup for my final exhaust revision.
Attached Thumbnails Project S32 ///amg !!!!!-pict0140.jpg  
Old 05-11-2005, 07:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

next pic
Attached Thumbnails Project S32 ///amg !!!!!-pict0141.jpg  
Old 05-11-2005, 07:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

another shot
Attached Thumbnails Project S32 ///amg !!!!!-pict0142.jpg  
Old 05-11-2005, 07:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

last pic (side shot)
Attached Thumbnails Project S32 ///amg !!!!!-pict0143.jpg  

Last edited by Bernanke; 05-11-2005 at 07:24 PM.
Old 05-11-2005, 10:24 PM
Almost a Member!

Tips

Looks good Homey!!
Old 05-12-2005, 12:10 AM

Post a soundclip/vid of the exhaust if you get a chance!
Old 05-12-2005, 12:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ya this is still the "2nd generation" exhaust, i have to wait to redo it. "3rd generation" will be done within the cominig weeks but if you want i can still get the sound clips if you want?
Old 05-12-2005, 02:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

also, Carbon fiber intake pics tomorrow
Old 05-12-2005, 02:59 AM

Originally Posted by OmeyHomey
ya this is still the "2nd generation" exhaust, i have to wait to redo it. "3rd generation" will be done within the cominig weeks but if you want i can still get the sound clips if you want?
Yeah, if you could, and don't mind, that would be great. Can't wait to see the CF intake.
Old 05-12-2005, 03:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Carbon Fiber intake DONE... (PICS!)

Hey guys,

well finally here are the pictures of the carbon fiber intake, take a look at this

I custom designed it from another intake kit, i used a generic Ebay intake kit with 3.0" diameter piping. once I did that I sanded it down and painted it black to give it that OEM look. I also relocated the AFM. the AFM used to be verticle directly on top of the throttle body and intake manifold but i relocated to before the bend to make the air readings more accurate (bends are bad for AFMs). I then got a carbon fiber look K&N style filter off ebay for about $10 plus shipping. You can see from the pictures that there is true RAM air b/c i took out the water baffle from the front grill so you can literally see the filter from the front grille (good fresh air flow). The whole intake including black spray paint only cost about $50 with shipping . best $50 i've spent on a car . anyways here are the pics. enjoy.

Old 05-12-2005, 03:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

hey guys,

i hate front liscence plates, i think they are ugly as can be and in most states they are not even requires... so WHY on earth would you run them . well i finally took off the front liscence plate and holder. I will go back and fill in the tiny holes but honestly they are barely visible anyways. As you can see it smoothens out the look of the whole front of the car and it looks soo much better, this is the way W140's should look from the front. here is a pic

Old 05-12-2005, 04:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2nd Generation Custom exhaust DONE (pics!)

hey guys, well the 2nd generation exhaust system is done. here are the pics... FINALLY .

A few things i wanted to mention first though. First off, for those of you who haven't followed along, generation 1 was just one single 10" resonator with the same muffler. However, it droned WAY too much and was VERY unrefined, i didn't like it at all so i knew i had to do something. So i bought two of those resonators this time and its obviously half the resonance as before but there is still some resonance that is unwanted. Also this 2nd generation exhaust alogn with the 1st generation both had "kink" bends as you can see by the pictures. This hinders performance and reduces airflow b/c in the corders it gets down to almost 2" diameter.

Plance for Generation 3 custom exhaust (which will be the last exhaust revision). I will be getting a custom 34" resonator which is 400% more resonance muffling than the single resonator and double the resonance tuning of the two that I have now (b/c its really 8" vs. 32" when you take out the extra material, and 8x4 = 32). as you can see a 34" resonator will fit no problem and it will eliminate alot of that wasted space that you see in the pics both before/between/after the two 10" resonators. I will also spray everything including the muffler this time just to protect it even more from rust and the elements. anyways tell me what yall think.

Old 05-12-2005, 07:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Brushed aluminum AMG pedal set DONE (PICS!)

hey guys,

WOW today has been a busy day . Lotta new mods and lotts pictures to take. Today i decided to install my AMG pedal set and they look awesome. Made of brushed aluminum with inlaid AMG logos, they are extremely high quality looking. Also the AMG pedals were extremely cheap, the entire kit costs only $35 on ebay, WELL worth it in my opinion. Install took about 1 hour b/c you have to drill holes so a power drill is definately required, the gas pedal and dead pedal are easy to drill b/c you are drilling in plastic but the brake pedal is steel so that takes quite a bit longer. I just placed pedals on there then with pencil i make my marks through the holes then drilled. The pedals look awesome and are firmly in place and they are a really nice accept. so without much further ado , here are the pics (sorry for dirty carpets, no time to clean ).

Old 05-17-2005, 12:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EXHAUST SOUND CLIPS!!!! (MP3 downloads).

Hey guys, well FINALLY i got sound clips. here are the sound clips of the Generation 2 exhaust (the current one I have). as you can tell from the sound clips its a monster. Unforutnately my mic cannot pic up bass very well so its not too bassy so crack up your bass all the way when you listen to them. they are MP3 format. The download file is a .rar file (Winrar) so u need that program to uncompress them all. the titles for the exhausts are pretty self explanatory.

Overall im happy with Generation two exhaust but as you can tell its a bit on the unrefined side and a tad raspy. it sounds much closer to a V8 than a I-6 and the intake sounds like it has a damn supercharger on it . the exhaust is awesome but still needs work...

Future plans.... Generation 3 will be the last and final exhaust revision. It took me a few tries to get it down right b/c nobody has done a custom exhaust on these 6's that i know of and no exhausts were ever made for it so i'm kinda a pioneer in that regard, and as a result its trial and error, but i hope yall can learn from my mistakes and eventually get an exhaust you are happy with and will make power for you. The Gen3 will have a 34" resonator body with 2" extentions so 38" long total, the actual acoustical fiber section is 32" versus the two 8" sections on my current ones so thats double the acoustical absorbtion than these sound files, it will really help refine the sound. right now it sounds like an american V8... I want German V8. Also I have gotten mandrel bend 2.5" piping to help keep even diameter throughout instead of these cheap 2" kink bends . Anyways enjoy guys

www.europerformance.net/exhaustMP3.rar

Enjoy
Old 05-17-2005, 01:49 PM
Banned

1995 w140 s500
Omey you should go with some bigger wheels, 19-20" I would say Lowenhart LDR or Maya DTR or even just a 19" monoblock 2 amg wheel.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.

Quick Reply: Project S32 ///amg !!!!!