S-Class (W140) 1991-1999: 300 SD, S 350TD, 300 SE 2.8, S280, 300 SE 3.2, 300 SEL 3.2, S320, S320L, 400 SE, S420, 400 SEL, S420L, 500 SE, S500, 500 SEL, S500L, 600 SE, S600, 600 SEL, S600L, 500 SEC, 600 SEC

Project S32 ///amg !!!!!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.

Old 10-01-2005, 11:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W209 - W163
You know, to be honest, when I first saw this thread way back when, I said, this guy is a joke, I can't believe he's trying to modify an S320, and to call it an S32 (which I still don't agree with, you should just debadge the whole thing) anyway, you've truly impressed me with your knowledge and craftsmanship. It's amazing what you've done to the car, and how you still have faith in that V6. More props to you man, forget all the haters, and keep up the awesome work! I can't wait to see it when its done, whenever that would be. Be easy man.
Old 10-02-2005, 07:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hehe, ya thanks man. ya it takes alot of guts and determination to go against everyone but its all worth it in the end. i love inline 6's (my fav motor), they may not have the rumble or torque of a V8 but they sound absolutely awesome. I will go ahead and finish this car off, only a few more mods till its completely done. By christmas it should be finished (fingers crossed). Royal purple tranny fluid and injectors are key mods that I need to do before i can move onto headers (car is running lean so i need to get those injectors first). Once i do that I can get the headers and get rid of the 13 year old stock cats and replace with a high flow magnaflow cat. the full intake and exhaust system will be fully custom and parts of the fuel management will also be custom. i may consider upgrading seats to another OEM seat thats much lighter and sporter (and most importantly MORE COMFORTABLE). I'm looking at a possible 2006 SLK seat retrofit (my mom just got one and the seats are the coolest & lightest OEM benz seats i've ever seen so i may try to give it a shot. W140 seats are just too heavy and take up too much room and are too damn uncomfortable. So who knows... htat would be the biggest undertaking. I'll just have to see what I can do.

anyways injectors and Royal purple are the next step. once i do those i'm on the home stretch.
Old 10-02-2005, 02:04 PM

c43
what about more suspension?? Shocks are a must for the reason that it is very very old, but along with a lowered car I would have them put on, I don't know if Bilstein makes a sport or koni makes anything but I would look into that, not sure if they make sways for your car that would also be something to look into. Moreover, you can't forget simple mods like ngk ird plugs and mag core wires... those really help as well... cheap too
Old 10-02-2005, 06:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Ashkan's C280
what about more suspension?? Shocks are a must for the reason that it is very very old, but along with a lowered car I would have them put on, I don't know if Bilstein makes a sport or koni makes anything but I would look into that, not sure if they make sways for your car that would also be something to look into. Moreover, you can't forget simple mods like ngk ird plugs and mag core wires... those really help as well... cheap too

I already have new Bilstein Heavy Duty shocks on the car so thats already taken care of as well. They did make a front swaybar for the W140's (no rear), but it costs a whopping $680, not worth it in my book. its handles damn near amazing for a W140 anyways (lightest W140 platform, with short wheel base and weight removal AND shocks and springs upgrade with Kuhmo MX). i think its safe to say its on of the best handling W140's out there. so suspension is done. power is my next main concern.
Old 10-11-2005, 01:19 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 G63 AMG, 2019 G550
AMG engine? = an AMG MB
Old 10-12-2005, 02:49 AM

'97 E320
I wish I had never seen this thread...that poor, poor S320.

You might want to check the impedance on those injectors before wasting your money. I'd be willing to bet that the s320 and s500 run on entirely different engine management systems. Since you're not modifying your car in any significant way, higher-flow injectors will probably do nothing but completely f*ck up your air/fuel mixture, gas mileage, and hp.

Do yourself a favor and read a couple books on fuel injection and how an engine actually works.

Raj
'97 e320
'05 e320 cdi
'85 535i
Old 10-12-2005, 02:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The S320 and S500 injectors are identical the only difference between them is the flow rates. Bmw guys do it all the time with zero problems. I DO need more fuel b/c theres so much airflow its running too lean and engine is pulling timing b/c of it. that plus new fuel pressure regulator will do the job. I just need to find a set of S500 injectors. I've been modding cars far longer than you have i know a thing or two about modding german cars.
Old 10-12-2005, 03:23 AM

'97 E320
Yeah, you sound real knowledgeable. It only took you 3 tries to come up with decent exhaust. I wonder how many tries this'll take you? Try not to burn up a wiring harness or fry an ECU in the process.

Have you even CHECKED the resistance between the two injectors? They are not always the same. For example, I could NOT use the higher-flow 533i or M5 injectors on my old 535i since they had a lower impedance and would not work with the ECU. I could, however, use Bosch injectors from a 5.0 Mustang as they were the right shape, slightly higher flow, and the right impedance. Once I get around to installing the turbo, I'll probably use the injectors from a late-model Ford Lightning because I KNOW they'll work.

Have fun...

Raj
'97 e320 (stock w/18" factory forged wheels and Bilstein HD's)
'05 e320 cdi (bone stock)
'85 535i (seriously altered & ready for a snailshell)
Old 10-12-2005, 05:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

i have old E30 which is similar to the old big 6's and I have E36 M3 too. you can swap over from newer generations (E36 injectors in E30's and even ford injectors too). i will check resistance, but im almost certain they will do just fine. majority of the W140's use all the same fuel components, even the fuel pressure regulators and etc are identical. only thing different between teh two systems is the injectors which is why i believe they shoudl be just fine b/c the fuel pressures are idential as well as the other components. thats half the fun though... trying things out that nobody else has done before. That was the whole point of this project to push the 6-cyl W140 further than anybody else ever has. Once i do the headers/cat project it should be one of the most if not the most powerful naturally aspirated 6-cyl W140 out there.

EDIT: ford injectors will not work, the outside body is too different, S500 is my best bet.

Last edited by Bernanke; 10-12-2005 at 05:16 AM.
Old 10-12-2005, 05:15 AM

c43
some ngk ird spark plugs and mag core wires k8.5s will also help a lot so would clear corners and white blubs all around.. please omey do this mod, it makes my c280 look so much nicer, its such a clean euro look... makes me smile when i have hazards on
Old 10-12-2005, 05:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

do spark plug wires really make that big of a difference aftermarket? i'm used to BMW's and they dont use plug wires so i've never really known otherwise. im assuming u just had to do custom application, u got any pics? i may need new plugs soon but iridiums are $$$ so i dunno if i'll do those.
Old 10-12-2005, 05:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Exhaust update:

I am upgrading the Exhaust system, this should be the last and final change. I will be doing long tube equal length exhaust headers, EGR bypass, high flow cat, and single 2.5" piping all the way down the car instead of two into one. I also will be using two Aero Turbine resonators instead of hte long 34" custom resonator. If anyone wants the custom 34" resonator I will sell it for only $29 plus $6 shipping, the resonator is also coated in 1200degree heat resistant paint to protect it. I paid roughly $50 shipped for it. Anyways there will be lotta upgrades in the next few weeks, its the home stretch so i can't wait to finally get the car all buttoned up. thx guys for following along, its almost done
Old 10-12-2005, 01:27 PM

c43
it does make a big difference and well worth it, at least to me, ngk ird plugs are used on brabus cars, and the mag core waires are the best out there, especially since your car is very old I would do this mod without thinking, worth it, so worth it and if you do the installs yourself its only like 80 bucks for all the parts
Old 10-13-2005, 08:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

hey guys,

I went to the exhaust shop today and asked about the headers + high flow cats system. he said it was definitely possible. I would be ditching the entire stock exhaust system and running single 2.5" all the way down the car with the magnaflow cats and magnaflow exhaust with dual Aero Resonators instead of the 34" custom one i have now. The headers will be an equal length, larger diameter, long tube set of headres which will yeild the maximum amount of HP and torque. It won't be for another month or two before i would do it but i just wanted to let yall know it is possible and I will be doing it if the price is reasonable which i feel it will be (his headers range from $300-700 for typical custom applications, the benz should be just as easy if not easier than most b/c of the extra room).

Also, Royal Purple is ON THE WAY!!

just wanted to keep yall updated.
Old 10-21-2005, 05:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

FYI guys,

this weekend Royal purple and new fuel pressure regulator are going in, Im hoping that the FPR will really help out and on the FPR is says 3.8bar which is actually 55PSI which i didn't know benz ran it taht high (higher than most) i guess thats why its a dual pump system. anyways hopefully come wednesday the car runs much better.
Old 10-26-2005, 03:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Update: Fuel Pressure Regulator and Royal purple DONE...

hey guys, the FPR and RP are done but i have yet to drive the car yet, i pick it up from the shop tomorrow. I can't wait to see the effects of the RP adn FPR. hopefully very good ones. The tranny only ended up needing 4 quarts b/c the other 3 are in the torque converter which isn't necessary to do really and also it would cost ALOT more b/c in order to do so it would require u to pull tranny. FPR and RP upgarde only cost me $60. anyways i will update yall tomorrow on the performance. can't wait to take her for a test drive
Old 10-26-2005, 07:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Update: Royal purple and fuel pressure regulator

hey guys, finally got the car back with royal purple and fuel pressure regulator done.

here is the link to the thread about royal purple

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...21#post1324721

Well now that the fuel pressure regulator is installed i definitely noticed the car runs smoother now. The idle is definitely smoother and the over all rev nature the engine is smoother however it still did not fix the problem. I am beginnning to thing my mass airflow meter is bad. The fuel pressure regulator is a 55psi unit which is very high compared to most car manufacturers so i really dont think the problem is fuel anymore as far as the fuel system goes. I do however thing the electronic aspect of fuel is still causing a problem. I want to upgrade my engine software and i also think the mass airflow sensor is just starting to get too old. however i know a new one is rather expensive. I will try and figure out what my options are.

Mods to come: Aero Turbine resonator install (removing custom 34" resonator), headers, chip, and more...
Old 10-27-2005, 01:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

hey guys, after driving the car some more i have noticed the car has been behaving much better now. it seems the ECU just needs to adjust to the extra fuel now coming in. Low end torque is phenominal now but the high end power is still lacking, i dunno why. I will have to figure out and see what I can do. hopefully the ECU just needs to adjust. Anyways I will keep yall updated.

BTW, Royal purple is awesome.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:33 AM

a Few Nice cars.
do you know anythign about there Engine oil?
Old 10-27-2005, 05:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

their engine oil is supposedly what gives the biggest improvement in performance. i know it does everything it promises and more, but you do pay a premium for it. its like $6-10 a quart depending on where u get it from, but they say u can get up to 1-3% more power and torque from doing the full driveline (which i've done in the M3 and i believe it, though no dyno proof).

I think differential oil is the least crucial of the 3, engine most improvement, then tranny most improvement in shifting, but alittle less power improvement (again we are talking very minimal differences, but it many tv shows (horsepowerTV) have put it to the test and seen 5-10 HP increase on dyno simply from fluids, definitely worth a shot.
Old 10-30-2005, 05:47 PM

c43
there is a guy over in club202.com selling some mag core wires k8.5 that will fit your car just fine... along with some ngk irdum plugs it should help out your car... and its not too much money... and on another note did you get 79c stat for your car? if not that might be something you would like to look into... its 13 bucks online and well worth it, that is going to be my next mod, the new stat and the fan switch for my car, can't remember what you did for the cooling harness but if you could get your temp even lower i'd say go for it...
Old 10-30-2005, 05:50 PM

c43
also have you looked into the amg bodykit for your car? No better way to get an s32 then to have the body kit to go with it...
Old 10-30-2005, 05:54 PM

c43
and do an update on your website man.... this is a ervy cool project and it'd be ncie to have the site update to everything that has been done to your car i.e. what is the Water baffle delete?
Old 10-30-2005, 06:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

water baffle delete is that plastic barrier where my intake now flows, that whole gap used to be closed off but you can cut taht off for much greater airflow into the intake.
Old 10-30-2005, 07:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

hey guys, i think i localized my fuel problem. after getting the new fuel pressure regulator i realized that my fuel capacity was not reached but instead i feel one of my fuel pumps has failed so i think this is a good opportunity to replace both fuel pumps since they are the original 13 year old fuel pumps. The fuel pressure regulator alone deifnitely helped the torque and etc so it seems that the problem is not injectors that dont flow enough fuel but instead the actual fuel pumps are just worn and stop producing flow the way they should. so i will hopefully replace them both for around $250-300. i feel this will be all the fuel i should need and once i do this plus the new catalytic converter and high flow resonators and high flow headers, the car will be completely done. so i'm on the hope stretch, i just need a month or two longer and the car should be completely done.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.

Quick Reply: Project S32 ///amg !!!!!