S-Class (W140) 1991-1999: 300 SD, S 350TD, 300 SE 2.8, S280, 300 SE 3.2, 300 SEL 3.2, S320, S320L, 400 SE, S420, 400 SEL, S420L, 500 SE, S500, 500 SEL, S500L, 600 SE, S600, 600 SEL, S600L, 500 SEC, 600 SEC

Aftermarket headunit installed successfully !!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 01-03-2004, 07:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Aftermarket headunit installed successfully !!

hey guys,

Today I installed JVC MP3 CD player. I went to Custom car stereo. They are amazing. They installed to stereo and ALL speakers work. Everything now runs off the aftermarket headunit (stock amp had to be bypassed, no bid deal though it was about to blow and tuner was completely dead anyways). the total only came out to $125 and was well worth it. They did such a good job that they even integrated the stock fader so from front to rear the stock fader does it and stereo does balance left to right.

Even the subs run off the stock headunit. it does push the stock rear subwoofers pretty damn well for a headunit but to acheive 100% bass I'll need to get a tiny 100watt amp or something. but honestly i don't think its necessary

Quality: Sound quality is SOOOO good its amazing. I could not be more happy with the results.

so To those that said any headunit could not be installed. NOT TRUE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Custom Car stereo
www.customcarstereo.com
Old 01-04-2004, 01:15 AM

2006 Mercedes E350 Sport
why the hell are you putting jvc in a benz????????????????????????????
Old 01-04-2004, 05:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Believe it or not its the BEST MP3 CD headunit out there....

Sony = piece of ****, poor sound quality
Aiwa = breaks all the time
Kenwood = poor construction quality, flat out ugly
Clarion = junk
Pioneer = only other decent one but JVC is better
Alpine= ok but hideous looking face.

JVC = bulletproof construction, NEVER had a problem ever, made of high quality REAL brushed aluminum, gorgeous face, excellent sound quality. what more could u ask for

I've listened to them all and done months of research, the competition just sucks. that simple
Old 01-04-2004, 06:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S320W
Originally posted by OmeyHomey

Clarion = junk

JVC = bulletproof construction, NEVER had a problem ever, made of high quality REAL brushed aluminum, gorgeous face, excellent sound quality. what more could u ask for

I've listened to them all and done months of research, the competition just sucks. that simple
I had to say something now.

Kenwood, Clarion, Pioneer and Alpine are all top companies that make outstanding stereos. Japan Victor Company or JVC is the lowest of them all. So far i have kenwood, pioneer an had alpine product. And i was so damn satisfied. (But my stock Bose BETA is fine at the moment)

This thread just won the following title:
and one of these:

Last edited by ///S320; 01-04-2004 at 06:20 PM.
Old 01-04-2004, 08:44 PM

2006 Mercedes E350 Sport
you forgot eclipse! one of my fav's also the kenwood excelon is awesome
Old 01-04-2004, 09:35 PM
Almost a Member!

96 S500 Coupe

well.. considering you are rebadging a S320 to AMG, I guess I am not too surprised that you would take a JVC over Pioneer
Old 01-05-2004, 01:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

you have to understand that you can't just generalize, I am specifically talking about the MP3 CD player model from each company.

Example... BMW is a good company, but the new ones are PIECES OF CRAP!!!!!! we all can agree on that. just b/c a car is a bmw does not make it good. I agree lot of JVC's lineup isn't that great but the their MP3 CD players are very good.
Old 01-05-2004, 11:59 AM

CLK, ML320, 400E, 400SE
OmeyHomey ... I'm glad to hear about your success story! Wow... and the price was really very unexpsensive too. As mentioned before, I paid almost $500 just to have my BOSE amp repaired.

Keep us posted on how your system works in the long term. I'm curious about how your stock 2ohm speakers will hold up with the higher ohm feeds.

Russell
Old 01-05-2004, 02:18 PM

2006 Mercedes E350 Sport
Example... BMW is a good company, but the new ones are PIECES OF CRAP!!!!!! we all can agree on that.

HAHAHAHHA
Old 03-09-2004, 09:58 PM

firstly give me details, what headunit , what add ons/filters etc. next my 2 penneth (10 cents) worth, on the good bad or crap stereo debate, do you really think that every ICE manufacturer exclusively uses components and parts that are only made for them??, lets get real , you will find that they use components from the same source/standards. so all of this jvc are good so and so are better is just subjective opinion, ask any automive sound engineer (no not the guy who installs head units, but the guys and gals who work for alpine , clarion etc) that a car interior is the worst possible environment you would ever want to create "quality sound" in . There are so many variables, including those cost driven "quality speakers" we have in our benz, that probaly cost the OEM 5 bucks each(if we are lucky)!!.
So why do you think it is that all of the ICE manufacturers battle so hard for aftermarket sales, you will never get an OEM to spend the sort of money it takes to get "quality sound" in a car and why enthusiasts/tuners will spend 10 grand or so to achieve that very thing that every OEM states is the "premium sound quality" of the hi line sytem in their cars.

So in the interests of furthering this debate, they all suck , and OEM's should let us pick our preference, because after all , we have to listen to it??

BTW OEM = Original Equipment Manufacturer , ie Ford.
Old 03-10-2004, 05:25 AM

Clarion = junk

blaupunkt? my dab 53 (350 quid / 450 bucks) is so much better than my old kenwood in terms of sound quality. even better when hooked up to a quality amp (alpine V12 40wpc) and decent speakers (focal polyglass components)

plus it has more functions (inputs / remote steering wheel control, DAB radio (which i dont know if you yanks have - its CD quality digital radio / text) and SD card reader / recorder off the radio.