S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Advice for people thinking about 20"s on S Class

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2002, 06:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Advice for people thinking about 20"s on S Class

The ride completely sucks A$$!!!

I'm running Bridgestone Potenza S-03 245/35 and 275/30 and the ride is, quiet frankly, completely horrible.

If you have airmatic, imagine driving the car on the highest setting (2 dots).

I'm going to experiment with different tire profiles (245/40 and 275/35) later this month, but you have all been warned.

The price of vanity....
Old 06-30-2002, 11:13 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smart Car
Re: Advice for people thinking about 20"s on S Class

Originally posted by jl88

I'm running Bridgestone Potenza S-03 245/35 and 275/30 and the ride is, quiet frankly, completely horrible.

I'm going to experiment with different tire profiles (245/40 and 275/35) later this month, but you have all been warned.

The price of vanity....

The ride on two dots is nothing short of beautifull I loved it and friend in the passenger seat said he would vomittt if I did not switch it back to two dots.
All your modifications are the bigest waste of time and money----comes pretty close to the price of Kleemann supercharger which would change the car forever.
Old 07-01-2002, 12:04 AM

Mercedes S500 Sport
Why you gotta diss all his modifications?

For the price he paid for his mods it probably cost more than your damn smart car. And Kleenman? Who gives a rats' A$$ about Kleenman and their overpriced superchargers. If you're going to get a supercharger, buy an AMG Kompressor equipped car instead of trying to be like one.
Old 07-01-2002, 12:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS350
Re: Advice for people thinking about 20"s on S Class

The price of vanity....
JL, does Yokohama make and AVS in that size? I had AVS's on 19" brabus on my SLK and they were quiet and felt so smooth, even smother than 18's with SP9000's, I never tried Bridgestone though.

Fast Eddy, IMO id rather have a nice looking car than a fast one, only an enthusiast could appreciate the difference between a standard S500 and a KLEEMANN SC'ed S500. Everyone else walking on the sidewalk or driving around would be checking out the rims, the body kit etc. and not give a **** about the engine. Besides, If JL wanted to get rid of his ride, then he could easily bring his car back to stock, and sell the rims and body kit, while the SC would be a bit more difficult to sell. Oh and I'd rather look at a BRABUS S 500 than a smart car, no matter what that smart had under the hood.
Old 07-01-2002, 02:19 AM

I won't even dignify fast eddy with a response. I've seen him lurking on this message board for many months, always spouting off nonrelevant, inflammatory bull*****.

According to Tirerack, there are a few tires that come in 245/40/20 & 275/35/20, including the Yokohama AVS sport. The only problem is, the tires are over $300, whereas the Bridgestone Potenza S-03s are $250 each. And since I can't necessarily "return" these tires, i'm kinda stuck with them for the time being.

But for all the people that want to put 20's on your S class, please try to get thicker tires. The ride on my car sucks pretty bad right now hehe

Its not necessarily painful, but definitely not what a luxury car should feel like.
Old 07-01-2002, 10:08 AM
Out Of Control!

The only problem is, the tires are over $300, whereas the Bridgestone Potenza S-03s are $250 each.
Definitely agree with this one! When i got mine the SO-3's where the best bang for the buck! Cheaper than AVS, Rosso's, Pilots etc...

But that's interesting that the ride on that is bad. If you go with 45 series front and 35 series rear will those fit or will they rub?? Saw your setup at the Awe's BBQ yesterday and they looked sweet but if you go any thicker won't they rub?
Old 07-01-2002, 02:16 PM

JL88...

I have 20's on my S500 and ride is actually pretty good. I also recently lowered the car 1" all around, and while the ride suffered a bit, I wouldn't say it's bad. If there is any plus side, the car handles a lot better.

I'm using the Pirelli P-Zero Rosso 255/35-20 all-around on 9.5 wheels. Although Pirelli doesn't have a staggered tire setup in 20's fitment right now, they are coming out with a 285/30-20 soon.

Another funny thing is I find that using the "stiffer shock" setting on the airmatic makes the car ride a little better...not as bouncy. Driving with the airmatic on the "raised" position makes the car feel a little "floaty" on the highways.

Chris
Old 07-02-2002, 11:30 PM
Banned

Smart Car
Re: Re: Advice for people thinking about 20"s on S Class

Originally posted by Tezta

JL, does Yokohama make and AVS in that size? I had AVS's on 19" brabus on my SLK and they were quiet and felt so smooth, even smother than 18's with SP9000's, I never tried Bridgestone though.

Fast Eddy, IMO id rather have a nice looking car than a fast one, only an enthusiast could appreciate the difference between a standard S500 and a KLEEMANN SC'ed S500. Everyone else walking on the sidewalk or driving around would be checking out the rims, the body kit etc. and not give a **** about the engine. Besides, If JL wanted to get rid of his ride, then he could easily bring his car back to stock, and sell the rims and body kit, while the SC would be a bit more difficult to sell. Oh and I'd rather look at a BRABUS S 500 than a smart car, no matter what that smart had under the hood.
Can you read? the man said that the ride on the 20 " Brabus sucks a$$, what else can one say? Looking at it is what that car was reduced to as the dude very unhappy with the ride of it --can you read?

All of his mods may cost more than Smart or Mini but the ride suckes A$$---so its worth is ZERO, NADA , the dude is very unhappy and wans to warn the whole W World not to do it.
The dude basically says "look at me, how stupid---spent all the money and cant-get-no-su-tis-fac-tion "
The ride on his car sucks A$$ if you were thining doing the same better buy smart car. Wise up clown before it too late---listen to the unhappy Brabus dude and weep.
Old 07-02-2002, 11:40 PM
Banned

Smart Car
Re: Why you gotta diss all his modifications?

Originally posted by Ansonnn
For the price he paid for his mods it probably cost more than your damn smart car. And Kleenman? Who gives a rats' A$$ about Kleenman and their overpriced superchargers. If you're going to get a supercharger, buy an AMG Kompressor equipped car instead of trying to be like one.

Yes you are very smart why would you even need smart car a dude like yourself in cilicon valley just buys used E320 puts AMG bages on it probably even V12 and rides into the sunset.
By the way can you read? The mans last capital venture into Brabus gave him ride that SUCKS A$$ ? Can you read, you from cilicon valey with the "AMG E320" ? Dude if you really where you say you are--- work on something that may change your life instead of writnig shareware programs. Wake up clown

Last edited by Fast Eddy; 07-03-2002 at 12:08 AM.
Old 07-02-2002, 11:45 PM
Banned

Smart Car
I won't even dignify fast eddy with a response. I've seen him lurking on this message board for many months, always spouting off nonrelevant, inflammatory bull*****.

According to Tirerack, there are a few tires that come in 245/40/20 & 275/35/20, including the Yokohama AVS sport. The only problem is, the tires are over $300, whereas the Bridgestone Potenza S-03s are $250 each. And since I can't necessarily "return" these tires, i'm kinda stuck with them for the time being.

But for all the people that want to put 20's on your S class, please try to get thicker tires. The ride on my car sucks pretty bad right now hehe

Its not necessarily painful, but definitely not what a luxury car should feel like.
Yes , dont respond and kep doing what you doing and if the ride sucks A$$ so what bring the car to the clown that likes to look at the nice looking car and dont care what the ride is like ------PARK it and let him look at it all he wants because thats what its all about Brabus dude.
Old 07-03-2002, 03:17 AM

Mercedes S500 Sport
Dude, you can't spell worth shiet.

You sound like a underage kid who shouldn't even be in this room anyways to begin with.

AMG E320? Sorry, junior, I don't own a E320 and nor wood I put AMG on a non AMG car.

I bet your awesome Smart car has the KLEEMAN badge on it just because you have the B.S. Speed sensitive suspension. Whoopee doo mod. What the hell is a speed sensitive suspension? Just call them lowering springs. I think a Yugo has your suspension Speed-Sensitive-Suspension setup too and it lowers itself when you go fast and when you have a lot of passengers.

What else do you have on your Smart ride? A speed sensitive white face speedometer? Nice, Fast boy, nice.

If I do write shareware programs its to help cheap people like you to use so you can save up enough money to buy a Smart Car and add SPEED SENSITIVE SUSPENION. YES!

Wait. My bad. Your mommy bought you the Smart Car and paid for your SPEED-SENSITIVE-SUSPENSION.
Old 07-03-2002, 03:57 AM
Banned

Smart Car
ACHTUNG! ACHTUNG! Temper, temper!

The bulls eye has been hit somewhere in silicon valley on a dude riding in a E320 AMG!
Yap, yet another "mommy bougt you this and that", "cheap people like you" and so on and so on singing E320 AMG dude going nuts in his cubicle----simply AMAzING!

I 'd sell smart car, kleemann suspention suprcharger and so on and so on to pay you NOT to write shareware there in the basement of a rundown building. If you want to help---take a shower , shave and donate blood. Donate now!

This silicon valley dude blew up just like an engine in BMW M3! o I guess the count on the blown M3 engines is whatever it is PLUS this dude in his E320 AMG.

Last edited by Fast Eddy; 07-03-2002 at 04:08 AM.
Old 07-03-2002, 07:02 AM

Mercedes S500 Sport
Dorkus!

Definitely a dorkus so I'll just end it here.
Old 07-03-2002, 10:51 AM
Banned

Smart Car
Oh my God! The cool silicondude just ended IT right before we got to the X5 3.0 rebaged as 4.6i!! I'm beginning to think this little "helper" is very, very smart.
Old 07-05-2002, 09:37 PM

I am not a moderator but I think a moderator needs to shut down this thread, because it is not going anywhere!

If you guys want to argue then pm eachother, but please not on the thread it makes this Mercedes Forum look kiddish!

I am not trying to get involved in something that isnt my buisness but I think you guys should drop it.

AmGbOy
Old 07-07-2002, 11:47 AM

Mercedes S500 Sport
2002 E55?

What dealership did you get the 2002 E55 from in Portland, Oregon?
Old 07-07-2002, 05:35 PM

I actually bought the car from a friend of mine about a month ago. He had not put two many miles on it and offered to sell it so I bought it. He ordered the car and had it delivered to Portland.

AmGbOy
Old 07-10-2002, 06:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
2008 BMW M6, 2008 Ducati 1098, 2008 Ducati Monster S2R1000, 1971 Ducati Scrambler
Ansonnn,

I will respectfully have to disagree with you about your comments on Kleemann products. The Kleemann superchargers the best in the industry, infact they're much better than the AMG superchargers as far as the V8's go. The Kleemann superchargers are also very cheap, as far as the performance to price ratio goes.

The Kleemann Speed-Sensitive suspension is very good, although I have not heard much about it.
Old 07-10-2002, 06:41 PM

Mercedes S500 Sport
Accord,

Excellent choice of words. man as to avoid any altercation. To be honest, I didn't have any intention of dissing Kleeman but because this jerk off who calls himself Fast Eddy had an opinion that wasn't put in a 'respected' way, it was a real pet peeve, plus he was pushing Kleeman as the better way to spend money. I am okay with people having an opinion, just don't say "mine mod is better and yours is a waste of money" because that's just plain disrespectful. I am sure that Kleeman is as good as what you say and will respect that.
Old 07-10-2002, 06:55 PM

Mercedes S500 Sport
275/35R20 will rub

I have Bridgestone S-02 275/35R20 on Lorinser LM-5 wheels and they will rub (when there is a dip in the road) on the rear passenger side. The tires rubbing will wear out a tab on the side rubber strip that holds the parktronic sensors and cause it to come loose. CEC tech said that will happen 95% of the time if you go with 35 series. As soon as i wear my tires out, I will go with 275/30R20 (30 series aspect ratio instead of 35) which is what CEC recommends and will not rub. S class wheel wells cannot handle 285 wide tires; only CL class can accomodate 285 widths.
Old 07-10-2002, 07:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 BMW M6, 2008 Ducati 1098, 2008 Ducati Monster S2R1000, 1971 Ducati Scrambler
Ansonnn, if you feel the need to, you can completely block Fast Eddies posts on MBWorld. To do this, please do the following:

1) Click on Fast Eddies profile
2) Click on "Add Fast Eddy to your ignore list"

It is that simple, and you will never see any posts from him again. Infact, you can just click on this link right here to add him to your ignore list: https://mbworld.org/forums/member2.p...ore&userid=337

Let it be known, that you're definetly not the first person on MBWorld to block him.
Old 07-11-2002, 01:30 AM
Banned

Smart Car
Accord? Read my lippps-there will be no 500hp C32 even if you stack 10 Kleemann SC in the engine bay. YOu should not be a moderator---bad temper, I'd say you are like the ride on this guys car with 20" rims---------------s u c k, s u c k , s u c k.
Old 07-11-2002, 01:35 AM
Banned

Smart Car
Originally posted by Accord
Ansonnn,

The Kleemann Speed-Sensitive suspension is very good, although I have not heard much about it.
THere you have it boys and girls-this is what I'm talking about----very helpfull to praise something you practicly know nothing about-----I can only imagine how little the dude heard about Kleemann SC. Gog help him..........please.
Old 07-11-2002, 02:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Fast Eddy, please do not try and start a flame war with me, because it will not happen.

Last edited by Accord; 07-11-2002 at 02:05 AM.
Old 07-11-2002, 05:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hey everyone, heres what the lownharts look like go here

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=1842825977

-Later

-Musfather

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Advice for people thinking about 20"s on S Class