S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Fuse diagram

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2005, 07:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S-500
Fuse diagram

I have a 2001 S-500 and I just had to replace my instrument cluster. At the same time this happened the control panel where the hazard light button is located went out. Everything to the left of the hazard button doesn't work now. I am hoping I can replace a fuse and this will solve my problem, however when I look at the fuse box there is no diagram so I don't know which fuse to pull. It seems to have affected my suspension also, being that I cannot active my Active Body Control(ABC) Has anyone had a similar problem? Can anyone help??

Thanks!

Last edited by QboroIV; 08-05-2005 at 07:03 PM. Reason: mistake
Old 08-07-2005, 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by QboroIV
I have a 2001 S-500 and I just had to replace my instrument cluster. At the same time this happened the control panel where the hazard light button is located went out. Everything to the left of the hazard button doesn't work now. I am hoping I can replace a fuse and this will solve my problem, however when I look at the fuse box there is no diagram so I don't know which fuse to pull. It seems to have affected my suspension also, being that I cannot active my Active Body Control(ABC) Has anyone had a similar problem? Can anyone help??

Thanks!
Look at your toolbox inside the sparewheel. There should the Fuse diagram be.
Old 08-07-2005, 02:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AMG E55, Stage 1, Strait Pipe from Primary Cats
Smile

Originally Posted by QboroIV

Thanks!
F 9 AND F 46 control the ABC located in the driver side under hood section ...let me know what else you need

Last edited by Vader55; 08-07-2005 at 03:08 PM.
Old 09-05-2005, 12:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts
2003 S500 - Toyota Corolla (in the rain)
Instrument Cluster Problems

Originally Posted by stenen
Look at your toolbox inside the sparewheel. There should the Fuse diagram be.
I have a 2001 S500 and interestingly enough I was driving through NJ yesterday on my way back home to NC and all of a sudden my instrumentation cluster went pitch black. I called MB Roadside but they're totally useless unless it is a battery or flat tire. Hopefully this isn't anything too serious. Everything still works (at least it seems) but none of the interior instrument lighting works. Imagine driving from New Jersey to North Carolina in a S50 with no speedometer and no gas gauges. I just stayed out of that left lane.
Old 09-05-2005, 01:10 PM

I saw this on another forum regarding non-working clusters:

Instrument Cluster Repair

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First the legal stuff:
Use the following information at your own risk.

Now the info:
It turns out that this $1200. instrument cluster can be repaired for about $15. Just like I thought, it is a power switching transistor (N Channel MOSFET). The part number is BUZ102S made by Infineon.

You'll need to remove the cluster with the tools mentioned above and unplug it. If your cluster is like mine, you'll notice a part that is loose right away. It is the BUZ102S that has fallen off the small power distribution board on the rear of the cluster. There are two large slots on each side of the rear of the cluster. Beneath them are two connectors. Unplug those connectors, then use a small flat head screwdriver to remove the back casing of the cluster. Use a T12 driver to remove the circuit board from the casing. Now you have the board completely removed and and ready to repair.

Important Tech Note
There are three BUZ102S ICs on the board. They all supply power to the instrument cluster and work in parallel. It is important to replace all of them at once. Here's why: When the first IC falls off the board the other two try to compensate by supplying more current. The additional work load causes the transistors to saturate. During this saturation phase, instrument cluster lights flicker on and off. Eventually one of the transistors fails or short circuits. When that happens, the 5A circuit fuse blows. This circuit fuse protects not only the instrument cluster back-lights, but also the guages, the parktronic, the remote truck opener, and the command back lighting. Because you cannot visually tell which transistor has failed, you must replace all three of them at once.

Use a desoldering braid and a 40W soldering iron to remove the ICs. Then carefully solder each new IC to finish the repair. Reassemble the instrument cluster and install. Before testing, locate the 5A protection fuse mentioned above. There should be a fuse diagram sheet with the tool kit located in the trunk of the vehicle. Replace the 5A fuse and test. You should now have cluster lights, guages, parktronic, trunk opener and about $1185. still in your wallet.
Old 09-06-2005, 10:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts
2003 S500 - Toyota Corolla (in the rain)
Thanks

Thanks for the info. I will certainly give it a shot. Even if my warranty company pays for the instrumentation cluster (which they will) I will ask for my old one back and do the necessary repairs.
Old 04-09-2018, 06:28 AM

2000 CLK 320 2001 S 430
Checking forum pulse

Hello I know this is really old thread.
just wondering if people still have this linked with their email and if its still useful
I figured old models of SL and SEC will have a lot of members chatting because there old cars even when the internet started they were old and people needed help.
this kind of thread started when the cars were new... Now there getting to be the older models now having two or 3 new s class models from w220.
I'm hoping this forum section picks back up since a lot of the links are really old now and pictures do not show up and most links don't work or the pictures in them are invisible now ...
.........I really need a close up picture of the fuse chart for a 2001 s430 I will make a new thread
Because all the old links to the supposedly right Answer when searching are rendered useless now because so old and pics not downloading or showing at all anymore.

Can someone please upload the 2001 s430 fuse chart or similar models so I can use to reference from even the things I found on google were not right
Old 04-09-2018, 08:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 404 Likes on 348 Posts
2003 S500 2007 GL450
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w220...e-diagram.html

A search on Google instantly led to https://w220.ee/Fuses. The basic info is not clear enough on model year differences, but there is a lot of info, including other links to the fuse diagrams by year...
Old 04-10-2018, 01:24 AM

2000 CLK 320 2001 S 430
Originally Posted by wallyp
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w220...e-diagram.html

A search on Google instantly led to https://w220.ee/Fuses. The basic info is not clear enough on model year differences, but there is a lot of info, including other links to the fuse diagrams by year...
I meant the pictures on this link that is for my model and year don't pull up here is the link ....

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w220...topics/2028353

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w220...topics/2028353

If anyone can upload a s 430 2001 fuse chart I would really be happy with the kind soul who dared to post this valuable knowledge

Last edited by S430CLK320; 04-10-2018 at 01:37 AM.
Old 04-10-2018, 08:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 404 Likes on 348 Posts
2003 S500 2007 GL450
I clicked on the link in your post. It immediately opened to Dean's (Pinkster's) fuse post.

I clicked on the link to open the Fuse Chart Guide pdf, which opened a very clear image of the guide. The guide told me that a North American S430 (model W220.170) up to 6/30/01 should use Fuse Chart A0005451500. I returned to Dean's post and clicked on that link. It opened immediately to a very clear printable pdf showing each fuse number, what they covered, and a fuse and relay location chart.

I returned to the Fuse Chart Guide pdf, which opened a very clear image of the guide. The guide told me that a North American S430 (model W220.170) from 6/30/01 up to 9/30/02 should use Fuse Chart A0005451600. I returned to Dean's post and clicked on that link. It opened immediately to a very clear printable pdf showing each fuse number, what they covered, and a fuse and relay location chart.

I have no idea why you are having problems - but the fuse charts are readily available on line.