S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

questions about telephone

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 07:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 S500
questions about telephone

hey guys, i just bought a v60s and put it in with the factory cradle. now i was told by aws that i may need to upgrade the cradle because the factory v60 cradle will not fit the v60s. Well before spending $400 in parts and installation i figured I would try it out and low and behold it fit no problem. All features work except I am unable to see the caller id or numbers dialied in my dash board.

Could this be due to the incorrect cradle or is there a setting I need to find to enable the center console to pull in the data.

Thanks in advance for your help
Old 02-09-2006, 08:42 PM

S500 Designo/Mocha Black
V60

Originally Posted by nopepper
hey guys, i just bought a v60s and put it in with the factory cradle. now i was told by aws that i may need to upgrade the cradle because the factory v60 cradle will not fit the v60s. Well before spending $400 in parts and installation i figured I would try it out and low and behold it fit no problem. All features work except I am unable to see the caller id or numbers dialied in my dash board.

Could this be due to the incorrect cradle or is there a setting I need to find to enable the center console to pull in the data.

Thanks in advance for your help
It is more than likely it is the cradle cause I had the same problem when I installed my V60. I'm surprised that your cradle fits. Are the names you dialed programmed in your V60? If not, they have to be in order for you to see it in the cluster.

RICH
Old 02-09-2006, 09:42 PM

S430 (wife drives E320)
Try programming the numbers into the phone itself. I find that the caller id only works when I program the numbers and names into my phone and then plug it into the cradle.
Old 02-09-2006, 11:14 PM

S500 Designo/Mocha Black
v60....

Correct me if I'm wrong, so you programmed your phone with the appropriate names and numbers right? Caller ID on cell phones are considered this way. Landline phones are different cause they are registered with the phone company. So if this is correct your phone is functioning properly.

rich
Old 02-10-2006, 07:49 AM

02 S500
Originally Posted by qriousrich
Correct me if I'm wrong, so you programmed your phone with the appropriate names and numbers right? Caller ID on cell phones are considered this way. Landline phones are different cause they are registered with the phone company. So if this is correct your phone is functioning properly.

rich
i have all the numbers stored in my phone and they do show up in order on the command. however nothing shows up in the cluster when i cycle thorugh the options on the sterring column i dont even see an option for the phone. anyone have any ideas why this may be?
Old 02-10-2006, 08:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
2005 S500 4-Matic, 1978 450SL
I don't recall specifically, but there is some coding that must be done before your phone info will show in the instrument cluster. Not the same as version coding of COMAND - basically it is telling the instrument cluster that you have a phone installed.
Old 02-12-2006, 09:28 AM

02 S500
Originally Posted by Skylaw
I don't recall specifically, but there is some coding that must be done before your phone info will show in the instrument cluster. Not the same as version coding of COMAND - basically it is telling the instrument cluster that you have a phone installed.
can anyone elaberate on this?
Old 02-12-2006, 12:31 PM

05 SL500, 02 BMW Z3 (Mrs. VF), 05 FJR1300, 91 ZX-11
Double check your manual to see if you should have a telephone screen in your dash multi function display.

When I added a phone to my clk I had to have the dealer alter the settings in order to see the phone screen on the dash display. I could see the phone info in the audio unit if I punched the telephone button. I could make calls etc, but couldn't use the steering wheel buttons or see the tel screen until the dealer made the changes.
Old 02-12-2006, 02:12 PM

02 S500
Originally Posted by velvet fog
Double check your manual to see if you should have a telephone screen in your dash multi function display.

When I added a phone to my clk I had to have the dealer alter the settings in order to see the phone screen on the dash display. I could see the phone info in the audio unit if I punched the telephone button. I could make calls etc, but couldn't use the steering wheel buttons or see the tel screen until the dealer made the changes.
my manual says i should have it. so i need to go to the dlr to have the reprogram it? does anyone know how to do this?
Old 02-12-2006, 11:01 PM

05 SL500, 02 BMW Z3 (Mrs. VF), 05 FJR1300, 91 ZX-11
Changes must be made using the dealer's Star Diagnostic System. If you're tight with the dealer, it might be free. If not it could cost an hours worth of shop time.

Show the dealer that you can make a call with the audio system, but can't see the telephone info in the display and let them take it from there. I'd also bookmark the manual page too.