S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Upgrading To A Newer 2004 S500 4MATIC...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 11:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
White S63 AMG W/Designo Interior
Upgrading To A Newer 2004 S500 4MATIC...

I Have been getting so many small issues with my old 02 w220, that i am thinking about getting a 2004 S500 4Matic....it is more reliable is that true? The one i am looking at is a 2004 S500 4Matic, With AMG Sports Package, 18 Inch Amg Wheels,Wood Wheel Package, Window Shade, Trunk Closer, Keyless Go, and they want about 44K for it with 54K miles, is that a bad price or not and is it going to be reliable or not?
Old 06-26-2007, 03:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
2005 S500 4-Matic, 1978 450SL
No idea on the price, and I don't want to do your research for you.

Any more than I want to search for the answers on reliability that you can search for yourself - as I suggested in response to your BenzWorld post on the same question. The answers as to reliability are already on these forums, S500 Man, and they are very easy to find. As to reliability in the past, quit sponging, and do a little work on your own behalf.

As to future reliability of the particular car you're interested in, my crystal ball doesn't see that far. I'd have to rely on the past record as already posted, as an indicator.

Last edited by Skylaw; 06-26-2007 at 03:31 PM.
Old 06-26-2007, 07:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 S55
Originally Posted by Skylaw
No idea on the price, and I don't want to do your research for you.

Any more than I want to search for the answers on reliability that you can search for yourself - as I suggested in response to your BenzWorld post on the same question. The answers as to reliability are already on these forums, S500 Man, and they are very easy to find. As to reliability in the past, quit sponging, and do a little work on your own behalf.

As to future reliability of the particular car you're interested in, my crystal ball doesn't see that far. I'd have to rely on the past record as already posted, as an indicator.
Wow, that was an extremely useless and fairly rude response .. if you don't have input then just keep quiet .. I mean there was just no call for telling him you don't want to do his research .. he was asking the forum in general, not you specifically.

Anyway, based on what I've read here the 04's are more reliable, although I have an 01' and am quite happy with her. In general, the more years into a model run the more reliable they get.

Not sure about the price but I know there are those here who will have answers for you!

Best of luck.
Old 06-26-2007, 07:12 PM

Maybe another option...

Bro, not really sure what people think...but maybe you could go for a quasi/fully loaded E class for that price instead of getting an older S...

...I was just debating this with myself...do I buy a older 04 S 500 with only 8000 miles for $49,000 that is CPO or do I spend the money and buy a new E350 for about 5 G's more? I don't know man...buying a Benz can be confusing as hell...

...I'll probably be killed for even saying what I did...S vs. E - no comparison right?

Let me know any thoughts, I'd like to know myself. Sorry if I was of no help, it's better to know what others are atleast thinking in my opinion.
Old 06-26-2007, 07:13 PM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2004 S500
Originally Posted by S500 Man
I Have been getting so many small issues with my old 02 w220, that i am thinking about getting a 2004 S500 4Matic....it is more reliable is that true? The one i am looking at is a 2004 S500 4Matic, With AMG Sports Package, 18 Inch Amg Wheels,Wood Wheel Package, Window Shade, Trunk Closer, Keyless Go, and they want about 44K for it with 54K miles, is that a bad price or not and is it going to be reliable or not?
The price is average. Here in South Florida the wholesale auction numbers are between $36K & $39K. The mileage is a bit higher than average but not by much. If the car is at a dealer that's about what you should expect to pay.

I looked at cars at a dealer this weekend. I drove an E350...very nice car in the low to mid $50K range. When I got back in my S500 I remembered that I'm driving the "Flag Ship"...much smoother and quieter. To trade I would get killed.
On the plus side of a new E350 you get a new car with 4 year 50000 mile waranty. There are many new standard features on the E that used to be exclusive to the S. One thing to consider on '04 and some '05 cars is that we will have no Tele Aide after this year unless we spend $1200~$1500 for upgrade to the digital.I'll have to spend about $2800 to take my waranty another 3 years and to 100,000 miles.

Right now, I think I'll keep mine and see how the values stabilize.

Last edited by sprink49; 06-26-2007 at 07:22 PM.
Old 06-26-2007, 07:20 PM
ON PROBATION

My Parents-06s500-just sold,06CLS55-K4,2006 R350
Originally Posted by sprink49
The price is average. Here in South Florida the wholesale auction numbers are between $36K & $39K. The mileage is a bit higher than average but not by much. If the car is at a dealer that's about what you should expect to pay.
Hey Sprink where would one look if they were trying to find a wholesale auction? Im still trying to find a good price on an 03.
Old 06-26-2007, 07:31 PM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2004 S500
Originally Posted by gangrun
Hey Sprink where would one look if they were trying to find a wholesale auction? Im still trying to find a good price on an 03.
You need to know an individual with a dealers licence that can go to the "lauderdale or West Palm Beach auction for you. I don't think they can let you in so you have to really trust your guy. All sales are cashiers check "as is".

W220's and W221's are getting hit hard right now because the market is soft.

I heard of a 2007 S550 with the Sport Package that had a MSRP of $105K with 4500 miles going for $74K at auction last week. Of course that car will go on a MB dealers lot for $90K in a few days.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
04 S430 (sold),05 X5 4.4i, 02 325i, 87 560SL, 85 Alfa Romeo
Originally Posted by shaw01
Wow, that was an extremely useless and fairly rude response .. if you don't have input then just keep quiet .. I mean there was just no call for telling him you don't want to do his research .. he was asking the forum in general, not you specifically.

Anyway, based on what I've read here the 04's are more reliable, although I have an 01' and am quite happy with her. In general, the more years into a model run the more reliable they get.

Not sure about the price but I know there are those here who will have answers for you!

Best of luck.
Don't be so hard on Skylaw, unless you've taken a moment to view S500's previous posts on various forums.. I don't even bother with chiming in on any of his posts because I strongly feel the same way as SKylaw so don't be so quick to defend, unless you are familiar with the reason a post was answered a certain way..without going into much detail, a quick post history will tell you.. That's just my .02 on the matter.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:14 PM
ON PROBATION

I dont know anyone enough to trust them enough with my money who is a dealer/ has a liscense. damn A 31 grand discount would be nice though
Old 06-26-2007, 10:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Actually im now thinking about leasing a brand new Lexus GS430 07 for about 550 a month, and trading in my S Class....the reason i want to upgrade is cause of reliability and i havent heard any complaints about the new Lexus'
Old 06-26-2007, 10:37 PM
ON PROBATION

Originally Posted by S500 Man
Actually im now thinking about leasing a brand new Lexus GS430 07 for about 550 a month, and trading in my S Class....the reason i want to upgrade is cause of reliability and i havent heard any complaints about the new Lexus'
NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Last edited by gangrun; 06-26-2007 at 10:42 PM.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by shaw01
As my06clk tried to let you know, the answer has a background, and S500 Man has a history - of refusing to do his own research, petulantly and repeatedly seeking others to do his research for him. He's a 21 year old who won't lift a finger to help himself, but is very demanding of others' time - then he disregards the advice of experts (and I am referring to persons other than myself) and demands more.

Useless? Well, you blew past the warning and have spent a small dab of your time responding to a particular 21 year old who will burn up your time, contribute nothing in return, and then come back to demand you do more of his work for him.

If I don't have input? I had it - again, you blew past it. In addition - let's see - over 700 posts here; nearly 1000 on BenzWorld. Most of them are carefully researched, and many of them took days - literally days - to put together. I don't mind putting in that kind of work for the community. I don't mind giving a new guy some preliminary information and some links to get him started, plus advice to do additional searching (often providing search terms) when the material has been frequently covered. I will often provide updated information when I provide links. I work extensively to post new material I anticipate may be of interest - or to try to put together something fairly comprehensive to cover topics of frequent interest that are scattered all over the place. See, just for a few examples, the sticky on cell phones https://mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=188818; and the posts on the Gateway 500 installation and use of its menus at https://mbworld.org/forums/audio-electronics/194660-gateway-500-most-o-good-unit-poor-documentation.html and https://mbworld.org/forums/audio-electronics/195743-dension-gateway-500-most-o-menus-comand.html.

I respond frequently to PMs and e-mails to help people over problems, or who sometimes just had problems understanding a post (often because my writing can be technical). I have no reservation about doing this.

Don't have input? Nearly any of us with a brain and any experience buying a used car can go to a number of resources to evaluate price - and armed with that, perhaps ask an intelligent question. I suspect that anyone who answered this post could have done that - including S 500 Man himself. But of course, he won't. He just wants to sit back while you do the work for him. S-Class reliability? I have bookmark after bookmark on "S-Class reliability." Finding that information with those search terms is a snap. I advised him to do it on BenzWorld a day before his post popped up here. Are you beginning to see the pattern? Yes, I could have answered his question. But it has been answered over and over again, and he could find the answer with a minimum of work and a little reading - and he was advised as to each of those points. But he won't, and you bit on it. You missed the meaning of the input.

Asking the forum in general - yes. My response provided a heads up to the forum in general. Useful, I think, unless you enjoy wasting your time.

My input was pretty clear. This guy won't lift a finger to help himself, and wants the answers boiled down to pablum and spoon fed to him. He will soak up your time doing it - and he has posted yet another time-wasting zig-zag in this string. Watch. They will continue.

Rude? I have seen other strong contributors give him appropriate answers on BenzWorld, repeatedly, only to see him hop over to MBWorld and troll again - without doing the simplest additional reading or research he had been advised to do. I have no problem with posting on both forums - I do it all the time (especially to give maximum coverage to matters such as those in the links I provided above, and others). But I do have a problem with a lazy time waster. That is true rudeness. Take a look at his strings, here and on BenzWorld.

If you want to waste your time with him, fine. But never tell me to keep quiet. You haven't earned the right.

Last edited by Skylaw; 06-27-2007 at 10:58 AM.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:47 AM

2005 S55

If you want to waste your time with him, fine. But never tell me to keep quiet. You haven't earned the right.
Not your board, not your rules, not your thread and no useful input on this thread from you. No, I'm not looking at your other 20,000 posts, I was not commenting on them, I was commenting on this one.

As for earning rights on this board, I'm a member in good standing, there's my right. S500 may be a whacko of epic proportions, you may have devoted your 1,000 posts to fighting his insanity .. but this post was a simple question to the board, and you took it personally.

I'm all for jumping on somone if they're rude or harsh for no reason, but even if he's a jerk there was nothing wrong with his post this time. So am asserting my RIGHT to give my opinion on your post .. wait until he posts something wrong/harsh/rude to bash him or you come off as the jerk.

So yes, I am saying you prematurely jumped the gun in your response to this thread which was a failry standard one. Your dislike for this particular member should not result in your following him around to bash any thread he starts, including those that are valid on the face. And your post HERE had no valid input .. fight it if you wish, point to your numerous other posts (which I am not attacking or referring to) and tell me to do my research .. but what I said I stand by .. it was an open question to the forum .. not you personally .. and was not inappropriate .. so for you to jump all over it because of some numerous other threads where you two fight it out .. just keep it to your PM's or at least wait until he misteps before you make yourself look like the one starting crap.

And that's my .02 cents.

Old 06-27-2007, 01:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

He who fails to learn the lessons of history are doomed to repeat them.

You may certainly disregard the history that myo6clk and I have both pointed out. Go ahead - and enjoy the ride. Waste your time - it's yours.

Follow him around? Hardly. I look at both forums on most days. Hard to miss his repetition of the tactic, between the two.

Not your board, your rules, or your thread either.

And you still haven't earned the right to tell me what to say - or not.

Last edited by Skylaw; 06-27-2007 at 01:11 PM.
Old 06-27-2007, 03:08 PM

2005 S55
He who fails to learn the lessons of history are doomed to repeat them.

You may certainly disregard the history that myo6clk and I have both pointed out. Go ahead - and enjoy the ride. Waste your time - it's yours.

Follow him around? Hardly. I look at both forums on most days. Hard to miss his repetition of the tactic, between the two.

Not your board, your rules, or your thread either.

And you still haven't earned the right to tell me what to say - or not.
Since we're waxing philosophical .. he who argues with a fool only brings himself to their level .. so perhaps following this person around (this was a nothing post you just slammed him on, it didn't find you, you found it) you place yourself in jeopordy of sinking to the level you state he is at?

Good thing for me is I don't actually consider you a fool at all, I just felt you were jumping the gun and ended up being the one looking extremely rude based on a rather benign post.

It's my right post my opinion as to how you shoud conduct yourself, just as it yours to post your opinion about this other guy and to tell him what he should do.

And I do of course understand I can't make you do a single thing .. so all I am doing is posting my opinion, same as you. So please stop telling me what rights I have, when you just told another person what he should do before writing a simple post.

By the way, history major here .. over reacting is a major theme throughout history .. whatever he has said in the past, the thread starting post was no cause for your response, you were in fact responding to his (apparently) multiple other posts here, so you were off topic.

Take care!
Old 06-27-2007, 03:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Another history major here (multiple majors). Above, I was responding to a carryover from an identical BenzWorld post, where he had already gotten the answer. They were not near-simultaneous post on both forums - so I don't quite size it up the way you do. His history - yes, that went to other topics as well, and he showed the same proclivity here as elsewhere.

It's tough to view them as unrelated - sort of like the German invasion of Poland wasn't unrelated to the invasion of France. On an infinitesimally smaller scale, of course. So, my view is, it's not off topic. I can understand your point - but as I have indicated, there is more to it than looking at it through a stovepipe.

Have a good rest of the day.
Old 06-30-2007, 07:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

nevermind im keeping the s class...
Old 07-01-2007, 07:25 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1999 C280 Previous / 2008 E350
whoa... tough thread
Old 07-02-2007, 01:10 AM

Do your homework before you jump on what seems to be a good deal. depending on the condition of the vehicle, you could end up spending more than the car is worth.

Big "H"
Old 07-04-2007, 08:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

im not a member of benzworld. im a member of mbworld.org