S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Top speed limitor cut off help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 07:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 S55
Question Top speed limitor cut off help

Hi can anyone help me here with something i have an 2004 S55 AMG and i need to remove the top speed limiter. The top speed set by the government is not for me i like to drive it to the max not to some stop limitation electronic controlled fuel cut off. The other thing how can i make the DVD work while i drive is there a way how i understand why they made it not work but i don't care i want it to work while i drive how do i get around this problem . I would really appreciate if someone would help me with those problems.
Old 09-21-2007, 10:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
2005 S500 4-Matic, 1978 450SL
Originally Posted by Kuzyn
Hi can anyone help me here with something i have an 2004 S55 AMG and i need to remove the top speed limiter. The top speed set by the government is not for me i like to drive it to the max not to some stop limitation electronic controlled fuel cut off. The other thing how can i make the DVD work while i drive is there a way how i understand why they made it not work but i don't care i want it to work while i drive how do i get around this problem . I would really appreciate if someone would help me with those problems.
Let's see... you want to drive more than 130 mph while watching a DVD.

You don't give us the courtesy of telling us where you are located (even in very broad terms; I have assumed U.S., but actually I hope not).

If you are in the U.S. you cannot "activate" the DVD so you can watch it, at all. U.S. COMANDs lack the video decoder circuitry. Thank God.

If you're in Europe you may be able to activate it. Do a search. And if you're there, glad you're there, not here.
Old 09-21-2007, 10:27 AM

2000 S430
well arent you the rebel.
i would imagine theres gotta be some peformace shop in your town that can sell you a new chip or whatever silicone is letting the man keep you down.
and theres probably a high end audio joint with no reguard for safty too.
thats all ya need as faras i know
Old 09-21-2007, 12:18 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
And on top of all that, aren't those AMG's limited at 155? Why go faster? At that rate you can outrun anybody you please and you dont need 160 to win. And where in the US can you go past 155? Those short street racing deals will kill you. Dont try. TMZ.com prays for those kinds of videos. Dont give them one.
Old 09-21-2007, 12:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
SL55AMG, Ferrari 348, Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari F40, Ferrari Mondial t, Ducati 916, Indycar
I created a company primarily to get rid of the limiter......NOT because I am driving over 155 all the time......its the mere fact that the gov't is in my car nannying me.

We can get rid of the limiter.......AND give your car a kick in power!

As far as the DVD goes, you are on your own, but it might be best to leave it off!!
Old 09-21-2007, 02:45 PM

2006 S55 & 97 T88h Supra
Originally Posted by kenstudios
And on top of all that, aren't those AMG's limited at 155? Why go faster? At that rate you can outrun anybody you please and you dont need 160 to win. And where in the US can you go past 155? Those short street racing deals will kill you. Dont try. TMZ.com prays for those kinds of videos. Dont give them one.

155 mph is not that fast if he is competing against a car that can exceed that. I would disagree that at 155 you can outrun anybody tho. Agreed that traveling at those speeds on public highways is dangerous but im sure a good number of people on here do it. Personally, ive gone over 185mph (around 2am going to vegas) in my Toyota and the only reason i slowed down was the fear of a tire failure.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:53 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by AMG_Mike
155 mph is not that fast if he is competing against a car that can exceed that. I would disagree that at 155 you can outrun anybody tho. Agreed that traveling at those speeds on public highways is dangerous but im sure a good number of people on here do it. Personally, ive gone over 185mph (around 2am going to vegas) in my Toyota and the only reason i slowed down was the fear of a tire failure.
No, my point was that with the AMG engines and normal running from the speed limit you can outrun a lot of cars fast enough to make a point. I dont think you really want to run side by side with a stranger in a car that you have no idea of how he has maintained it and at 155 mph. You might be a good driver but at those speeds your companion might not be. I do agree with you that 155 is not that fast but not too many people get to that speed. Why risk.

As for the original question, if you want to raise the limiter then get a Renntec ECU upgrade and the airbox that they offer and all for about $10K.

By the way, that's a nice pic you have on your sig.
Old 09-22-2007, 12:24 AM

dvd should be off while driving = saftey functions