Farewell

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 03:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AMG E55, Stage 1, Strait Pipe from Primary Cats
Originally Posted by Mr. Vanos
I just verified that the thread was accidentally deleted. It was NOT intentional and there is no reason a thread like this would have been removed deliberately. We are working to restore it asap. Apologies for the inconvenience.

I will contact Skylaw to make him aware of the error. This forum is about the sharing of information, and this thread was great information. It upsets me greatly that this mistake was made on a thread like this.
Thank You !

Old 03-04-2008, 06:36 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
355 F1 Spider & ......V12 w220.176
I just verified that the thread was accidentally deleted. .........
I hope this works out for you and Skylaw.

Good Job for VRAA following through to resolve the matter.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:06 PM

2004 S55 AMG
Good we can't Skylaw. This guy has been very helpful and thanks to the admins to chime in. Come back Skylaw.
Old 03-05-2008, 10:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
White S63 AMG W/Designo Interior
Thumbs up

come back skylaw
Old 03-05-2008, 09:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Ok Skylaw, If you are lurking I expect to see a post from you ?
Old 03-06-2008, 11:09 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
355 F1 Spider & ......V12 w220.176
Vader,

It's nice that the Board recognizes their mistake, but has it been corrected yet? If someone could post a link to the thread in question, that would be helpful to me.
Old 03-07-2008, 07:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
2005 S500 4-Matic, 1978 450SL
Thank You For Your Support - I'm Back

I did indeed receive a kind e-mail from Mr. Vanos, and I am satisfied that the removal of the string was an error. Mr. Vanos explained that an effort was being made to remove a copyrighted attachment somewhere in the string that inadvertently resulted in loss of the entire string. Removal of a copyrighted attachment would have been entirely appropriate.

I will therefore return to the forum, and hope that the posts will be helpful.

Although I had removed the option of e-mail notification of postings to subscribed strings, PMs and regular e-mail, I nonetheless received e-mail notice of the support offered by members here. I deeply appreciate it; indeed, through the actions of one or more members of the forum, the matter did reach the level of attention needed.

I will wait a few days to see if the string can be recovered from backup tapes, as Mr. Vanos indicated. If it cannot, I will do my best to reconstitute and update my input; unfortunately, I cannot replace the often excellent additional contributions of other members. Waiting for re-posting from backup tapes would benefit the forum more.

Thank you again for your support - and Mr. Vanos, thank you for your efforts.
Old 03-07-2008, 12:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 S430
Cool

glad to have you back!:clap:
Old 03-07-2008, 12:31 PM
MBWorld Founder

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
2020 GT R Pro, 2019 GT3 RS, 2018 GT3 Touring
First, welcome back Skylaw! I think I speak for everyone here that we're glad you're back.

The engineers are still working at trying to restore that thread and it's proving to be a very difficult task but we haven't given up yet. Will keep you posted.
Old 03-07-2008, 01:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
First, welcome back Skylaw! I think I speak for everyone here that we're glad you're back.

The engineers are still working at trying to restore that thread and it's proving to be a very difficult task but we haven't given up yet. Will keep you posted.
Old 03-07-2008, 04:18 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2007 E63
Welcome back Skylaw!
Old 03-07-2008, 11:31 PM

SILVER S500
Yes, Skylaw is back!!!!!

Glad to hear everything worked out!
Cheers!!!!
Old 03-07-2008, 11:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Skylaw
I did indeed receive a kind e-mail from Mr. Vanos, and I am satisfied that the removal of the string was an error. Mr. Vanos explained that an effort was being made to remove a copyrighted attachment somewhere in the string that inadvertently resulted in loss of the entire string. Removal of a copyrighted attachment would have been entirely appropriate.

Although I had removed the option of e-mail notification of postings to subscribed strings, PMs and regular e-mail, I nonetheless received e-mail notice of the support offered by members here. I deeply appreciate it; indeed, through the actions of one or more members of the forum, the matter did reach the level of attention needed.

I will wait a few days to see if the string can be recovered from backup tapes, as Mr. Vanos indicated. If it cannot, I will do my best to reconstitute and update my input; unfortunately, I cannot replace the often excellent additional contributions of other members. Waiting for re-posting from backup tapes would benefit the forum more.

Cool, back in saddle buddy! In my gut I knew this was a mistake when I first saw this thread, the mods are very reasonable on this board, no ego's. When I pm'd Ricky about this he responded he had know idea this was even going on and was stunned by it and promised to find out what the deal was, he is the one that made the thread a sticky for you in the first place. So thanks to Ricky & Mr.Vanos for making things right.
Old 03-15-2008, 01:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
E-ZGO 53hp., 1999 E 430 sport, 2004 E 55, 2008 Tahoe LTZ on 24"s
Thanks for returning, I just discovered this situation cause I was looking for your thread. Hope all is well what an ordeal. I think they should give you moderator status so that you can stickie, edit or move anything you want.
I will PM Vanos with my view on the matter. And thanks again for all your efforts!!
Old 03-15-2008, 01:15 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1999 C280 Previous / 2008 E350
Originally Posted by Skylaw

Another member as myself saying that you are indeed a great asset to this Forum. I"m glad everthing worked out and that it was an error that they deleted your thread by accident. Glad you're staying.. You Rock Skylaw..