Basline Dyno with Tvt Design

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 06:12 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 Mercedes S500 Lorinser
Basline Dyno with Tvt Design

i dynoed today with anthony from tvt-design on a dyno dynamics 2000 which is suposedly the best dyno out there.

Just to let everyone know my car is seriously underforming and there were large spikes in the A/F. and timing was all fcked up.

i will post graphs later to show you the shat show.

car makes 286rwtq and 255rwhp as of now. There is alot of room for improvment.

Just ot let evyerone know Veloce Perfomance tuning is Garbage as you will see by how my Dyno looks. I talked to the top tuner in the shop today and he said that my car wasnt even tuned by the looks of it they just slapped something in there and shipped it back to me
Old 02-19-2009, 07:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BMW F02 (750Li) F10 (550i)
isn't those numbers stock?
Old 02-19-2009, 07:21 PM

2003 S-600
Wow thats crazy. Didnt TVT try to retune it when you met up with them? Or are you waiting for everything to be installed and then go for one shot?? I would of liked to of seen what TVT could do as is since they say theres alot of room for improvement.. Any tuner will tell you that it wasnt tuned just so they can get your business.. See what happens AFTER your car is tuned.
Old 02-19-2009, 07:53 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Chrysler Crossfire
Originally Posted by Kwik SC
Wow thats crazy. Didnt TVT try to retune it when you met up with them? Or are you waiting for everything to be installed and then go for one shot?? I would of liked to of seen what TVT could do as is since they say theres alot of room for improvement.. Any tuner will tell you that it wasnt tuned just so they can get your business.. See what happens AFTER your car is tuned.

He came to us for a base line with a tune already scheduled with LET the following week. The owner of the shop doesn't have the software to tune, so I doubt he was trying to get the business. The AFR is all over the place and teh TQ graph is without a doubt stock. There are so many dips (and big one) that if this was the work of a tuner they should find another job.

We'd get better timing by putting in an old distributor and swapping out the springs then going with what is currently there.
Old 02-19-2009, 08:29 PM
Banned

02 S500 Sport
Originally Posted by m4xm1l10n
isn't those numbers stock?
Thats 15 hp/20 TQ over stock.

I didnt see the graphs yet but I heard its all over the place.
Old 02-19-2009, 08:29 PM

2003 S-600
Originally Posted by TVT_DESIGN
He came to us for a base line with a tune already scheduled with LET the following week. The owner of the shop doesn't have the software to tune, so I doubt he was trying to get the business. The AFR is all over the place and teh TQ graph is without a doubt stock. There are so many dips (and big one) that if this was the work of a tuner they should find another job.

We'd get better timing by putting in an old distributor and swapping out the springs then going with what is currently there.

Hmmm.. Perhaps I should have you guys check out my Veloce tune then. I know the TCU I got from them bites the big one since it slowed my car down considerably at the track once I put it in.. Tho when i put it on my friend's dyno dynamics the car stayed steady 11.9:1 AFR throughout the RPM range and made 508rwhp..
Old 02-19-2009, 10:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
I still can't figure out for the life of me why a "baller" such as yourself doesn't just buy an S65 and be done with it.

For the multiple thousands of dollars in mods, you have very little to show for it.
Old 02-19-2009, 11:13 PM
Banned

2003 Mercedes S500 Lorinser
you couldnt be more right... the thing is i started the car and just wanna finish it off before i jump into the corvette for the spring.

I love the care i like the bodykit i got on it and teh performance will be pretty decent once i get some things sorted out and tuned correctly.