Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz Sedans > S-Class (W220)
BAS ESP ABS LIGHTS VISIT WORKSHOP AFTER FUSE PULL >

BAS ESP ABS LIGHTS VISIT WORKSHOP AFTER FUSE PULL

Notices
S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

BAS ESP ABS LIGHTS VISIT WORKSHOP AFTER FUSE PULL

 
Old 05-02-2009, 09:24 PM
  #1  
Super Member
Thread Starter
 
vmystikilv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 775
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Range Rover & CL500
BAS ESP ABS LIGHTS VISIT WORKSHOP AFTER FUSE PULL *FIXED*UPDATE*

Ok, i know im an idiot but my rear cig lights werent working and i didnt have a fuse diagram so i went pulling fuses to find out which one was out.

Everything was perfect before I started the fuse expedition and now I have those lights on. I tried the steering reset and even had mercedes come out and try to do it and that didnt turn the lights and warnings off. Any help would be appreciated. I have a new battery also so its not the voltage and everything else works perfectly. Only came after the fuse pulls. Could I have put on back in the wrong place. Any help would be so appreciated since the dealer will not be open until monday and they guy said it would be a 110 bucks to reset the system with the SDS

Last edited by vmystikilv; 05-04-2009 at 10:22 AM. Reason: problem fixed
vmystikilv is offline  
Old 05-03-2009, 12:00 AM
  #2  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Chicopee Ma
Posts: 1,843
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
White S63 AMG W/Designo Interior
Originally Posted by vmystikilv View Post
Ok, i know im an idiot but my rear cig lights werent working and i didnt have a fuse diagram so i went pulling fuses to find out which one was out.

Everything was perfect before I started the fuse expedition and now I have those lights on. I tried the steering reset and even had mercedes come out and try to do it and that didnt turn the lights and warnings off. Any help would be appreciated. I have a new battery also so its not the voltage and everything else works perfectly. Only came after the fuse pulls. Could I have put on back in the wrong place. Any help would be so appreciated since the dealer will not be open until monday and they guy said it would be a 110 bucks to reset the system with the SDS
is your alignment off????and also did you turn steering wheel all the way to each side?
S500 Man is offline  
Old 05-03-2009, 12:17 AM
  #3  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Skylaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 3,062
Likes: 0
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
2005 S500 4-Matic, 1978 450SL
To reset the BAS, ESP and ABS lights, first try the procedure S500 man gave you about turning the wheels side to side as far as they will go.

To get your rear cigarette lighters working, push the rear window lockout button on the driver's window control panel again. The rear lighters are not powered when you deactivate the rear window controls - a kiddie proofing measure that is mentioned in the owner's manual.

Over the course of ownership, you may have reason to refer to this, so bookmark it: Post #14 at http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w220...st2216730.html
Skylaw is offline  
Old 05-03-2009, 01:44 AM
  #4  
Super Member
Thread Starter
 
vmystikilv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 775
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Range Rover & CL500
Originally Posted by Skylaw View Post
To reset the BAS, ESP and ABS lights, first try the procedure S500 man gave you about turning the wheels side to side as far as they will go.

To get your rear cigarette lighters working, push the rear window lockout button on the driver's window control panel again. The rear lighters are not powered when you deactivate the rear window controls - a kiddie proofing measure that is mentioned in the owner's manual.

Over the course of ownership, you may have reason to refer to this, so bookmark it: Post #14 at http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w220...st2216730.html

Great, that got the rear cig working, OMG, I destroyed my car for nothing. Yeah, the left and right steering thing is not working and it looks like resetting the ECU is not happening being all the stuff to get it back to normal. I just find someone with the star system and get them to clear it monday in atlanta. If anyone has any recomendations
vmystikilv is offline  
Old 05-03-2009, 08:09 AM
  #5  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Skylaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 3,062
Likes: 0
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
2005 S500 4-Matic, 1978 450SL
Try the full procedure at http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w208...rocedure.html; there was a link provided to it in the "resets" link I gave you previously.
Skylaw is offline  
Old 05-03-2009, 09:37 AM
  #6  
Super Member
Thread Starter
 
vmystikilv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 775
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Range Rover & CL500
Did the full ECU reset, still no go. Lights are still on. SDS Where for art thow SDS
vmystikilv is offline  
Old 05-04-2009, 09:52 AM
  #7  
Super Member
Thread Starter
 
vmystikilv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 775
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Range Rover & CL500
THE 110 fuse

Ok, im so stupid. I mean real stupid. I put the fuse back in the wrong slot when checking on the rear cig. lighter socket that only comes on with the switched child safety switch. $110.00 lesson, put the fuse back in the same #$%@ spot

On the plus side they did give me the new instrument cluster and wow. Much cooler.

Now i have the MPH in my speedo and a few other neat tricks i never had before.
vmystikilv is offline  
Old 03-21-2010, 12:27 AM
  #8  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2000 E430
Originally Posted by Skylaw View Post
Try the full procedure at http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w208...rocedure.html; there was a link provided to it in the "resets" link I gave you previously.
The Steering Angle Sensor reset worked for my car (2000 E430). I had pulled fuses # 4 and # 7 to try to resest my A/C unit error codes (Didn't work.). When I restarted my car it came up with the ABS and BAS lights on in the instrument panel, but the Steering Angle Sensor reset worked like a charm.

1. Turn on engine.
2. Turn steering wheel all the way the the left.
3. Turn steering wheel all the way to the right.
(I turned the wheel back and forth a few times for good measure.)
4. Turn off engine.
5. Turn engine on.
(Magically, ABS and BAS lights are off!)

Thanks for the original post!

Last edited by 6ft6in_Giant; 03-21-2010 at 12:32 AM.
6ft6in_Giant is offline  
Old 03-21-2010, 02:52 PM
  #9  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: ON, CA
Posts: 310
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 S430
i have a quick question !
my front cigarette lighter works only if i put a car charger in but if i try to put the cigaret lighter it wont even hold it, it keeps popping out !
benzat17 is offline  
Old 05-15-2019, 05:14 AM
  #10  
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 1
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 S500L
Originally Posted by vmystikilv View Post
Ok, im so stupid. I mean real stupid. I put the fuse back in the wrong slot when checking on the rear cig. lighter socket that only comes on with the switched child safety switch. $110.00 lesson, put the fuse back in the same #$%@ spot

On the plus side they did give me the new instrument cluster and wow. Much cooler.

Now i have the MPH in my speedo and a few other neat tricks i never had before.
What was the fuse number pls.
EKABIRU is offline  
Old 05-15-2019, 04:24 PM
  #11  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Acworth, GA (N of Atlanta)
Posts: 1,407
Received 86 Likes on 81 Posts
2003 S430
Since that post is ten years and eleven days old, you aren't likely to get a response. Perhaps if you told us what isn't working, and why you think that the problem is a blown fuse...
wallyp is online now  
 

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: BAS ESP ABS LIGHTS VISIT WORKSHOP AFTER FUSE PULL


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: