New 7

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2002, 12:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New 7

Hey Everyone,
Has anyone seen the new BMW 7 series in real life? How is it? How does it compare to the SClass.

-Thanxs a bunch
-MusFather

Old 01-23-2002, 02:39 PM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Musfather

I've seen it in actual and it looks just ok. Awiner rode on it check out his report.

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...&threadid=2915
Old 01-23-2002, 02:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

That's very interesting looks better than I assumed. But you know you can't beat a car which comes loaded for around $73,000. And it is capable if compeating against the higher level Mercedes S500 which starts at around $83,000. All in all although i have not seen the Bimmer i think the Benz is better and always will be.

Thanxs for that info man

-Mus Father
Old 01-23-2002, 02:54 PM
Out Of Control!

You're welcome musfather!

Actually I think the benz is a lot sweeter just because they are able to offer the S55 AMG version which on the 7 series they they have anything like that.
Old 01-23-2002, 03:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yea the S-Class rules. Pesonally the S-class is my favorite car in the world
Old 01-23-2002, 06:06 PM
Out Of Control!

Me too! Personally i would go with S55!
Old 04-15-2002, 03:32 PM

1986 BMW 528e
I like BMW's and drive an '86 528e (all I can afford right now). I've seen two new 7's, and they definitely look better in person--much better proportioned and more imposing than in the pics.

I don't like the back end either, and I can't believe they actually fitted that steering wheel. When I saw it in the original spy shots, my first thought was, 'I hope they're going to change that'. They didn't. The old ('95-'01) four-spoke was much nicer, in my opinion.

Personally, I'd go for the S-Class--better-looking and nearly as advanced. S55 AMG is nice, but I'd rather have the S600 w/Sport Package (Brilliant Silver/Ash).
Old 04-16-2002, 01:11 PM

I have seen it ... driven it ... riden in it ... fell asleep in it. GREAT CAR IN MY OPINION. People jump to conclusions, becuase its a new design and their eyes aren't either used to it, or open to veiwing new designs. When the new s-class came out in 2000, I didn't not like it the front design at all. I thought the headlights looked like a big blob on each front hand corner of the car. I saw the pics of the other models, including the CL and wondered why the heck wouldn't they incoorperate the 4 headlight desing aswell. Now, I love it. It's the most amazing designed car ever, I think. I can't wait to see what they do with it. Hopefully keep the blobby desing and just incorperate bi-xenons with projection lights in it. After seeing the BMW for a while. I really really like it aswell. I am getting used to the futurastic design of the rear end. Another thing people are afraid to give a chance is the control center. It is actually one of the most easiest things to learn. It works kinda like the spin dial on our Command, cept it controls everything. At each menu the button gets a new assinment and does that. Very easy to use, once you give it a chance. The car is very quick and powerful. Mind you I drove a 745i not the iL .. so even though its about 2 inches longer than previous generation, but still smaller than the S5. It is very very very quick. Faster than our S5's. Finally, I drove an AC Shnitzer version. It had the rims, kit, exhuast, upgraded suspension. It was still very comfortable, yet still sporty. I also love the fact that it comes with lots of options standard, which would be options normally. I have to strongly object about the car is that, it is the latest, most current design, yet they still decided to go with CD based, navigation system. Finally the shifter buttons on the steering wheel, only shift upwards, which is another glitch in my opinion that needs to be fixed.
Once again...all my opinions.
Habib