S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

SAD DAY, The S Class is Sold.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 09:35 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Range Rover
SAD DAY, The S Class is Sold.

Well, Ladies and gentleman. I Sold my S Class this morning. It was a tuff choice but since I can only have one car right now and my S class handled like crap in the rain, I Sold it. A gentleman, about to retire, bought it and also has a lexus ls430. I believe he will take very good care of it and I wish him the best. I will get another eventually as I rather enjoyed it but I needed a SUV for a little while. Well, now on to my 5th Range Rover. I cant get enough of these things. Ill check in time to time. It was by far one of the top three cars I ever owned

Old 05-22-2009, 12:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Youngtimer
Originally Posted by vmystikilv
Well, Ladies and gentleman. I Sold my S Class this morning. It was a tuff choice but since I can only have one car right now and my S class handled like crap in the rain, I Sold it. A gentleman, about to retire, bought it and also has a lexus ls430. I believe he will take very good care of it and I wish him the best. I will get another eventually as I rather enjoyed it but I needed a SUV for a little while. Well, now on to my 5th Range Rover. I cant get enough of these things. Ill check in time to time. It was by far one of the top three cars I ever owned

this is off topic, but the pics in your sig, they're not taken at a condo conversion in hapeville, are they?
Old 05-22-2009, 05:47 AM

Range Rover
Originally Posted by ZedStyle
this is off topic, but the pics in your sig, they're not taken at a condo conversion in hapeville, are they?
Holy Sheat,,,,,,

They sure are. Im moved here about a month ago. How the heck do you know about this place, LOL.....
Old 05-22-2009, 02:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Youngtimer
hahaha! man, and that pic is not even clear...!

i scoped them out a while ago, but the hallways made me feel like i was The Shining...! prices in that area are going to rise like crazy very soon, i should have just bought.

good luck with the range, i love those, the previous body style too. are you going with the sport or no?
Old 05-22-2009, 07:06 PM

Range Rover
No to the Sport, I really dont like them to much. HSE only

GOD, now im thinking about the Shinning LMAO, Time to move
Old 05-23-2009, 12:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
SL55AMG, Ferrari 348, Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari F40, Ferrari Mondial t, Ducati 916, Indycar
No to the Sport, I really dont like them to much. HSE only

REDRUM! REDRUM!

5th Rover. I had 3 and a D90. The D90 was the only one that didn't have massive troubles. You must be very lucky.... or maybe I am not!

Best of luck with the Rover and the Shining!
Old 05-23-2009, 09:46 AM

Range Rover
Oh, dont get me wrong. I have been stuck on the side of the road in almost all of them. My first one didnt even make it to the side of the road and blew up and caught fire. The 97 I was under the car are over the engine or in the dash fixing something every week for the 2 years I had it. The 00 suspensions died miserably prob my fault due to the wheels. My 01 other than typical air suspension issues didnt have a problem. I hope this 02 will be flawless.....

Ok, back to reality. It wont be, least thats the way I am gambling. But I like to tinker and fix and the rover is pretty easy to work on. If I wanted something reliable I would have gotten a 4runner but something about doing 90mph in the rain without a sweat is just a great feeling. Oh, and the interior in them dont look like this

Its worth the extra work and maintence and as long as you catch things early its really not that expensive at all. The S class was a wonderfull car and I will get another one soon but I got a chance to get a SUV 2 years newer, 10000 less miles, and didnt come out of pocket for anything, matter of fact I made I nice bit of $.

I guess so this is not off topic. Ill make a comparison real quick

Range SLOW AS %$#!% and expensive to maintain, can doing 90 mph in a T-storm

Mercedes S class FAST AS @#$@ and expensive to maintain, Can do 150 only on dry payment

They both ride on air
They both talk dirty to me when I hit NAV
Neither one of them knows where they going, (get a TOM TOM)
They both Suck more money than a child per month
They both require as much attention as a child
S Class handles like a dream thinks to the airmatic shocks
Range Rover Has regular shocks that cost a buck twenty five to replace and thats brand new and is super easier to work on.

S Class avoids potholes
Range Hunts for them cause your not swerving in this thing, could kill someone or yourself

S Class is smooth as silk on the interstate
Range reminds you about Bad Air Drag ratios

A median to a S class is a median
To a range rover is an obstacle

If a mercedes leaks oil its embarrsing
Range is just marking its territory

S Class is pedigree
Range is a Beast

S class drinks gas
Range is a one of those guys holding a beer can above his mouth and just keeps letting it pour

Serious though, I love both cars very much. If or when I start working again I will pick up another S class. But since Im trying to take the year+ off I can only have one car at the moment and my car even with new tires felt like I was going to die everytime I drove it in the rain. I tried new different tires (hella expensive) everything to make it handle better on the wet road for me and I refused to put the regualr tires back on. So, on that note. The oppurtunity came up and I couldnt pass it up.

Last edited by vmystikilv; 05-23-2009 at 09:49 AM.
Old 05-23-2009, 11:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
W220 S65 AMG
Please post pics of said hallways...
Old 05-23-2009, 01:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 BMW 545i, '09 E350 4Matic
Well, now on to my 5th Range Rover. I cant get enough of these things.

You've got to be a glutton for punishment, my friend.
Old 05-23-2009, 09:37 PM

Range Rover
Originally Posted by Oxygen
Please post pics of said hallways...
Here they are

Old 05-23-2009, 09:44 PM

Range Rover
Originally Posted by SolanNo1
You've got to be a glutton for punishment, my friend.
I work through pain buddy.

Have pics of all of them too

Died firing death on interstate

lived to become irrepairable and traded for a newer black one

Died watering death in Katrina

Sold because ex finace said I didnt need a vehicle like this anymore and causes to much attention

Number 5 and hopefully a keeper
Old 05-24-2009, 01:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
White S63 AMG W/Designo Interior
i thought u where getting a new body style range rover.
Old 05-24-2009, 08:54 AM

Range Rover
Originally Posted by S500 Man
i thought u where getting a new body style range rover.
Father had an 04. Never really liked them from a rover ethuisast point of few. I could have bought his last year but even he didnt like it. Dont get me wrong, I think they look great for a SUV but I would never get one. When thy tossed out the solid beam differentials they tossed out one of the main reasons I loved range rovers. This will be my last p38 range rover I ever own. It was actually one of the very last ones made and they threw everything and I mean everything in it. Kinda like a Grand edition from the Old w140 days. Oxford leather interior which is Extremely EXTREMELY rare for an american range rover and a few other goodies. I have already gotten email offers for double of what I paid for it and I am not even trying to sale it. But alas, All good things must come to an end one day. There is a reason I have had so many of these things and This is the last moment I will be able to get one in a showroom condition like the one shown above. After this,,,,,I would never again buy a range rover. Least not the MKIII models. I feel Ford and BMW molested it to much to make in comfortable for society. Not for the off roader. And I know, I dont go off road, but I like the comfort and feel of just having something built that feels like I can run through a concrete wall. Speaking of which. Due to the rarity of this P38 model Im still pondering if I will keep it or ditch it especially with some offers I have had. If I do get rid of it though, ever, the only SUV I would even consider after this is a G Wagon. This truck and the G ride feel excatly the same. Guess living in Tennessee, riding tractors and four wheelers and stuff, I like that feeling. I dont know how to describe what that feeling is but only the original range rovers and G wagons have it that offer the comfort and conviences I am looking for. Here's a toast to all of us and happy

P.S. The world just became an obstacle course (hey there's a median)
Old 05-24-2009, 01:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2008 Black Out C350 Saks Edition / 87 VW GTI
The last of the Range Rovers by NY Times

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/17/au...o.html?_r=1&hp
Old 05-24-2009, 01:31 PM

Range Rover
Originally Posted by tanktube67
The last of the Range Rovers by NY Times

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/17/au...o.html?_r=1&hp

I dont see anything about range rovers. Just sports cars that can reach potential speeds of ludacris
Old 05-26-2009, 12:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 S430, 2002 Range Rover HSE 1985 BMW 535 (Sold), 99 BMW 530 (R.I.P), 98 Mazda Millenia (R.I.P)
Just bought a 2002 Range Rover for my wife...sold her BMW 325i because we needed something roomier for our first child, due in July. This 2002 model appears to also have one of the last ones made, cos everything was thrown into it.
Old 05-26-2009, 08:14 AM

Range Rover
Originally Posted by naijaman
Just bought a 2002 Range Rover for my wife...sold her BMW 325i because we needed something roomier for our first child, due in July. This 2002 model appears to also have one of the last ones made, cos everything was thrown into it.
PICS!!!!