S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Complete Nightmare Effect Of Drinking And Driving!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 07:37 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
Originally Posted by Akademiks
Oliver, I never thought I'd see the day we agree.

+1 on everything you've said thus far.

I wonder how those defending him would feel if perhaps they were the ones hit instead of the curb and as a result of that became vegetables? Maybe name calling doesn't help the situation, but I think it's deserved.

Not too long ago I was coming home solo from a night out with some friends and came across a horrific accident at a Fullerton intersection; the accident involving the Angel's pitcher Nick Adenhart and his friends. I drive across that same intersection daily and couldn't help but think "What if that was me coming home?", or "What if that was my brother/sister who were killed?"; a sobering experience to say the least-- at the time, I had no clue who the victims were, but I found out the shocking news the very next day.

Turns out the tool who hit Nick Adenhart had prior DUIs and still had his license. Ridiculous.

To the OP, AA isn't such a bad idea you know? I'm sorry but you, nor any other drunk driver gets ANY sympathy from me.

Originally Posted by ebolick
Okay i give up you people either dont read the thread or are just nuts. but hey if you cant beat them join them. Its now clear to me that the best way to help someone is to talk crap about them and bash everything they write even though the admit wrong doing.

For people who just want to learn about things on here and treat people with some respect this is not for you the rest can suck my ***** as i give up.....
Dude c'mon, put the violin down. I understand what you're saying, but fact is drunk driving RIGHTFULLY makes many of us ANGRY. Have you lost someone to it? How about someone who was a victim to it? A guy starts a Thread here telling us how big of a dumbass he was and complains about his car, and we're not supposed to be a bit peeved about it?

Every time anyone drives drunk, I feel like we as a society should treat it like an attempted murder on us personally, and our loved ones. Have I done it? Yes, do I do it now? Hell no, and I have given up alcohol completely. Do I have loved ones who do it themselves? Yes, and it infuriates me, and saddens me at the same time.

To the O/P, definitely hope you've learned your lesson, because it's you most of all who will benefit from it.

P.S, this is sorta ironic because I just posted a Thread in the O/T section about what has become of some W220 drivers, before even seeing this Thread.
Old 07-06-2009, 08:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
06 SV650S, 11 Santa Fe
Originally Posted by transferred
The joke/last sentence from the post above mine is old and was never funny... have some respect.
The President seems to think it's funny so why isn't it ok for the rest of us?

And what's with the CIA obsession all of a sudden? The CIA isn't some mecca of the uber-intelligent. There are much better three letter national organizations out there.
Old 07-06-2009, 08:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S430 Sold :(
can someone close this thread already
Old 07-06-2009, 11:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 983 Likes on 719 Posts
2010 E350 4Matic
Originally Posted by S500 Man
i completely regret drinking and driving, i stopped drinking all together ever since, thanks for your comments. have a nice day.
Good for you. Reading all of this I think that is the only solution. If you are drinking to the point of blacking out, the place to start is with the drinking itself. I would be concerned for you if you simply kept drinking but figured out a way not to drive. I hope that you are able to find the support you need. Good luck.
Old 07-07-2009, 07:10 AM

s-class
damm 6pages ??

Old 07-07-2009, 03:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
Originally Posted by MBNUT1
Good for you. Reading all of this I think that is the only solution. If you are drinking to the point of blacking out, the place to start is with the drinking itself. I would be concerned for you if you simply kept drinking but figured out a way not to drive. I hope that you are able to find the support you need. Good luck.
Judging from his previous responses, my guess is the post you replied to was purely facetious...he'll never learn to grow up it seems
Old 07-07-2009, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by jfendis430
can someone close this thread already
Love that animation! I agree we should close the thread - and put the whole story on daytime television.

io
Old 07-07-2009, 05:41 PM
Banned

SL600
Originally Posted by iblaho
Love that animation! I agree we should close the thread - and put the whole story on daytime television.

io
You're an idiot.
Old 07-07-2009, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Akademiks
You're an idiot.
I guess I just have to face reality and move on....

io
Old 07-08-2009, 12:48 PM

My last post here.

io
Old 07-08-2009, 02:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
2 weeks of vacation shot to hell by threads like this.

Closed.