S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

S500 in the shop - 28k miles - No loaner car!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2003, 06:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S500 in the shop - 28k miles - No loaner car!

My S500 is in the shop. Got towed to Greenway Mercedes in Houston on sunday. Only 28000 on the dash. Problem with SEP, Airmatic & BAS. It's going to be in the shop until Friday at best. The dealer said they do not have any loaner car available for me. I always thought when you pay that much money for a car, the car should not break down at 28k miles and even if it does, the warranty should at least provide you with a loaner car. Boy, was I wrong.

Al
Old 04-01-2003, 09:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

09' 335i coupe
yea....greenway can be gay sometimes
Old 04-02-2003, 08:50 AM

Mercedes S430 '00
It really depends on the dealer. In this case, Greenway sucks big time. At the very least, they should get you an Enterprise, Hertz, etc...

American Service Center here has great customer service..but gives you Enterprise. Euromotor Cars in Bethesda, MD has ok service but gives you Mercedes rental car. My neighbor w/ the brand new E series just had to leave it there for a part on order and Euromotors gave him a brand spanking new C240 4matic. That car only has 25 miles on it. Talk about a nice loaner!

I told him next time to ask for an SLK. I've seen them loan those before too!

Next time, goto another dealer. A dealer that doesn't give you loaner cars in this $$$ class doesn't deserve your business. And when they send you a card or call you to ask about your opinion on their service, be sure to tell them it sucks because they didn't provide a loaner car! Heck, fill out that comment card they have lying somewhere in the Service Dept and write that sucker in.

"Dear Dealer, I will NEVER bring my car here for service again. I will never recommend any of my other Mercedes Benz owner friends to come here. Why? Because I didn't get a loaner car."

Signed, One Pissed Off Customer whom you will NEVER see again!

Dizzy
Old 04-02-2003, 12:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2024 S580 | 2024 Escalade ESV Sport Plat | 2022 X5M Competition
If MBUSA gives you a call about your recent service visit, give the dealer a really bad score and complain about them. hehe
Old 04-02-2003, 12:34 PM

Thanks guys. The car broke down on Sunday and I didn't get a chance to call Greenway Mercedes to make sure they had a loaner car available for me before taking the car there. Next time, I will simply not take my car to them.
Old 04-02-2003, 06:00 PM

'11 S550 4Matic, '12 SL63 AMG, '13 ML350, '16 AMG GT-S Ed. 1,'03 Ford F-250
I've taken my car to the dealer for a few items and had a few small issues with them. They never fail to call me the following day to ask how my service was...I'm not home to take their calls and get the run around when I call them back. Anyway, I also receive a letter asking how my experience was and if I could not give them an "EXCELLENT" on their score card to please call them.

Here's the rub...I've never received one of these "score cards" they are always referring to. They also said this when I bought my girlfriends CLK there...never say a score card either.

Do they really send these out? And if so, to whom?

I have since resorted into introducing myself to the service manager, in person, and telling him my true feeling on how I am treated at their facility. I am now always offered a loaner, which I do not need and have also been offered college basketball tickets and dinners on the town.

Take the time to find the powers that be at your facility and tell them, in person, about your experience and your true feelings

Hope this helps!
Old 04-02-2003, 07:35 PM

04 - S600 Sport
[i]Here's the rub...I've never received one of these "score cards" they are always referring to. They also said this when I bought my girlfriends CLK there...never say a score card either.

Do they really send these out? And if so, to whom? [/B]
They do, but I think it depends a lot on the dealership. I have had 4 S Classes, three of which I purchased from Mercedes Benz Manhattan. The fourth, my current car was purchased from Mercedes Benz White Plains only because the car I did order from MBM and waited 4 months for did not have the sport package. They located this one in White Plains.

The service from day one from White Plains was horrendous. I hated that I bought the car from them. Their level of service from sales onto the service department is very poor. I never received the score card, inquired about it many times, they said they would "look" into it. Phoned MBUSA, no response from them at all. (If anyone has a lead there, send it my way please)

White Plains knew if I got my hands on that score card they would be slammed. It would have cost them a lot in regards to potential incentives. Cannot help to think that they had something to do with me not ever receiving it.

So, I ordered the 03 600 from MBM. Let's just hope this one has everything I ordered, which was all options with the exception of 4-placed seating including the Designo Expresso.
Old 04-02-2003, 08:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

09' 335i coupe
yea...for vraa they gave him a c-class for his loaner car...he gave the sl for service.....he hated the c-class......his dad wouldve preffered a camry over that!
Old 04-02-2003, 10:00 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally posted by ano0oj
yea...for vraa they gave him a c-class for his loaner car...he gave the sl for service.....he hated the c-class......his dad wouldve preffered a camry over that!
You still remember that!
Old 04-03-2003, 06:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

09' 335i coupe
yeap !