Tire pressure monitoring system TPMS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 05:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W220_S600 V12 BiTurbo
Lightbulb Tire pressure monitoring system TPMS

Hello all

I have a S600 2005 ... I want to install Tire pressure monitoring system, knowing that my car does not have that system ... Do you install the system as the company's original as possible or not possible? And if possible, how is the way and what do I need exactly?

Thank you for your cooperation
Old 10-21-2011, 09:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 S600
There are some posts in the sticky about TPMS. I am trying to figure out if I can just disable the system so I don't have to buy new sensors. I was searching but didn't see if that's an option - If someone knows, perhaps this will help me and others that don't need that function.
Old 10-21-2011, 10:10 PM

2005 CLK500 cab, 2004 S600 designo mocha
Why would you want to install a TPMS if your car doesn't have it? Like njcpa said, they're a pain, and I'm guessing most people with they could somehow disable theirs (which I don't think you can). The systems costs hundreds (sometimes almost $1k from the dealer) to maintain.
Old 10-23-2011, 04:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
2005 S500 4-Matic, 1978 450SL
You don't say what continent you live on ymalghamdi, but in North America the S-Class comes with TPMS standard - especially the S-600.

The most expensive part of the installation would be the controller, the computer that runs the system; then, the antennas at each wheel. My bet is that your car already has these, and that your system does not operate because the sensor batteries on each wheel are dead (they last 5 to 6 years; I just replaced mine in August this year).

If you are in North America, new sensors can be had for around $160, total cost. See http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w220...-verified.html

Please note that the sensors mentioned are for North American cars; those for other parts of the world operate on a different frequency.

You might check the W220 S-Class Encyclopedia at http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w220...tart-here.html for more information.

Last edited by Skylaw; 10-23-2011 at 04:18 PM.
Old 10-23-2011, 05:17 PM

2005 CLK500 cab, 2004 S600 designo mocha
Hey Skylaw, where did you pick up your sensors at? The tire rack? Any link that you can provide for us? Mine also need replacement.
Old 10-23-2011, 06:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W220_S600 V12 BiTurbo
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Skylaw
You don't say what continent you live on ymalghamdi, but in North America the S-Class comes with TPMS standard - especially the S-600.

The most expensive part of the installation would be the controller, the computer that runs the system; then, the antennas at each wheel. My bet is that your car already has these, and that your system does not operate because the sensor batteries on each wheel are dead (they last 5 to 6 years; I just replaced mine in August this year).

If you are in North America, new sensors can be had for around $160, total cost. See http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w220...-verified.html

Please note that the sensors mentioned are for North American cars; those for other parts of the world operate on a different frequency.

You might check the W220 S-Class Encyclopedia at http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w220...tart-here.html for more information.
Thank you very much Mr.Skylaw.

The beginning and about where I was, I live in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and the system (TPMS) is not a basic system we have, and it is on as requested by the customer who purchased the car from the start of the agent.
For me, I wanted to know whether the installation system (TPMS) original. Do you only need to install sensors, or that the issue needed to be many things, and expensive, or may not be possible to begin with.

Finally I would like to share with you about some companies that manufacture such a system to be installed on any car, I found a wonderful collection of devices manufactured by this company, and I want to hear your opinion:
http://www.steel-mate.net/en/web/a/products/TPMS/TPMS/

Thank you all.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:45 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2006 R500
wow, I'm surprised to see some who really dislike TPMS, I think it's a very useful function & worth the $$$, I can see where having to pay over $200 for each sensor at MB can really turn you off to them, but with aftermarket options now available I'd be eager to maintain the TPMS if you already have the system installed

my 2000 S500 didn't have TPMS either so I installed an aftermarket system. I installed the display above the rear view mirror, recessed into the plastic housing that used to contain the useless SOS button. theres no reason you can't install an aftermarket system, integrating the display is the challenge.

Old 11-03-2011, 01:49 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2006 R500
hey man, got your pm. here's a bit more info on what I did & a better picture of how this fits... still need to button up a few things & would like to change the illumination closer to orange color to match the rest of the dash but it doesn't look so bad even with the green display really. I had to trim the unit a bit & I also had to solder wires to the board to wire this because in stock form there is a usb type port that plugs in on the left side & it would be in the way here. also the rear half of the upper mirror cover isn't back on yet, had to mount the interior temp sensor that was next to the SOS button to that rear mirror cover now :

this is the system I used

http://www.orange-electronic.com/eng...1_01p409s.html