NAPPA leather upgrade

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2003, 10:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
marta
NAPPA leather upgrade

well, my dad has a S430 and it has the regular leather, not the Nappa like the better models. I was wondering if anyone here has done the nappa leather upgrade in their 430. I know its like 800 dollars or something. ANy info anyone?
Old 07-13-2003, 12:01 PM

Not really worth it IMO, unless you are getting the S600 spec interior with the leather on dash, side panels and the alcantara (or was it suede) headliner... besides, the Nappa leather standard on the S500 isn't that nice compare to the W140s anyway...
Old 07-13-2003, 12:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

marta
Originally posted by kkwhung
Not really worth it IMO, unless you are getting the S600 spec interior with the leather on dash, side panels and the alcantara (or was it suede) headliner... besides, the Nappa leather standard on the S500 isn't that nice compare to the W140s anyway...
oh,thanks then

i think im gonna order some leatherique and try that. Apricot said it made his leather feel nappa-ish. And i've heard stories about nappa leather easily ripping b/c its not as durable as the 430 leather. So i guess it would be better this way if i can get the 430 leather feel like nappa but still maintain its durability
Old 07-13-2003, 02:19 PM

yo, leatherique is sweet as hell, sit in a 2002 s-class at your dealership with low miles and that's the same feeling... but for 50$ you get enough for 2 applications. plus like 20$ ship
Old 07-13-2003, 04:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

marta
Originally posted by apricotscrub
yo, leatherique is sweet as hell, sit in a 2002 s-class at your dealership with low miles and that's the same feeling... but for 50$ you get enough for 2 applications. plus like 20$ ship

tight, do you have any pics of ur leather before and after?
Old 07-13-2003, 06:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
To apply Leatherique, buy an empty spray bottle from the drugstore and fill it with Rejuvenating oil and mist it on the seats. An ounce or three is enough to completely wet both seats using a mist. If you rub it on with a cloth, the cloth absorbs most of it and you end up with a soaked cloth and only a light coating of Leatherique. Spraying it will make it last much longer and do a better job. You should get a lot more than two treatments out of a $50 order.

Also, for those who don't have 24 hours to spare, try covering the seats with plastic, such as a garbage bag, and then turning on the seat heaters for a spell. The plastic will advere to the Leatherlique and will enhance absorption into the leather rather than slow evaporation into the air. Like exercising while wearing a rubber suit, the plastic creates a sauna-like atmosphere.

Or not
Old 07-13-2003, 10:12 PM

i couldnt get a water bottle, i live in the boondocks, so i used my hands and mashed it all in like pudding, i guess thats why
Old 07-13-2003, 10:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

marta
Originally posted by apricotscrub
i couldnt get a water bottle, i live in the boondocks, so i used my hands and mashed it all in like pudding, i guess thats why
well, at least it still worked for u
so do u have any pics of ur rejuvinated leather?
Old 07-14-2003, 08:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
Originally posted by ajayz
well, at least it still worked for u
so do u have any pics of ur rejuvinated leather?
ajayz, check the detailing forum I posted a complete instructional. Also you should get at least 3 applications from the leatherique 32oz Rejuvinator oil bottle. I personally think the nappa upgrade is worth it as long as u take good care of it.
Old 07-14-2003, 11:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

marta
Originally posted by AlBoston
ajayz, check the detailing forum I posted a complete instructional. Also you should get at least 3 applications from the leatherique 32oz Rejuvinator oil bottle. I personally think the nappa upgrade is worth it as long as u take good care of it.
oh, i've already seen that, but thanks!

so do you do the 3 applications one after another? like 3 consecutive days?

yea, i think the nappa upgrade is pretty cool, it would be great if they could install the newer 03 coushin shapes and the new nappa leather on top. I dunno ill see, but I would take good care of it, especially if it becomes mine for college next year if my dad gets a new car. (he's tired of MB hes looking into lexus now )
Old 07-14-2003, 12:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
Originally posted by ajayz
oh, i've already seen that, but thanks!

so do you do the 3 applications one after another? like 3 consecutive days?

yea, i think the nappa upgrade is pretty cool, it would be great if they could install the newer 03 coushin shapes and the new nappa leather on top. I dunno ill see, but I would take good care of it, especially if it becomes mine for college next year if my dad gets a new car. (he's tired of MB hes looking into lexus now )
i thought u had an S? Well I think u can just buy the seat covers in ur leather color and it snaps right on just like factory.
Old 07-14-2003, 01:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

marta
Originally posted by AlBoston
i thought u had an S? Well I think u can just buy the seat covers in ur leather color and it snaps right on just like factory.

haha, no im still in high school. and my parents philosophy is that i have to wait until college to get my own car I guess it sorta prevents me from going out too much to insure ill get into a good college or whatever.

well the 03 models have bigger and softer coushins- i like em. I dunno, i guess ill have to get my dad to go ask his dealer or something.