S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

S600 Electrical Problems Help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2014, 05:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes-Benz S600 Biturbo & Honda Crx Turbo
S600 Electrical Problems Help

Yesterday i got home from work and i see my 03 s600's tail lights strobe flashing on my driveway. I get the keys and i go to start it, tries to start but battery dies (im guessing battery wore down from lights flashing with car being off). We jumped the battery and started the car all of the sudden malfunctions start going off like crazy srs, esp, tail lamps, cluster... Etc. Nothing works properly, no button i push has an affect, car is lifting and lowering by itself, sport lights on and off by itself... I can hear relays clicking left right amd center. So i start driving thinking if the battery charhes up they will clear but nope, had 4-8 malfunctions last night. This morning i got a brand new battery, installed it and same issues going on. Can someone chime in with their expertise on what the problem could be

Rob

Last edited by Weapon_R; 02-22-2014 at 05:56 PM.
Old 02-22-2014, 08:00 PM

Update: drove the car around for a day flashing lights and all. So from 4 malfunctions became only one which is the srs but i still hear a relay clicking like crazy the back and the tail lights are still doing their syncronized flashing
Old 02-22-2014, 09:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
V12TT
hmm that is a weird one I'm not sure where to start. Maybe a a full scan VIA star or perhaps could be the alarm module it self?
BTW I'm in Mississauga too
Old 02-23-2014, 01:10 AM

Oh nice. Ya usually i'm able to fix whatever little bugs this thing gives me from threads on here but this one is a bit of everything. Now the rear head rests are going up and down as they please and the interior lights aren't coming on as a door opens. I still hear a relay click from time to time coming from the back seat somewhere as the tail lights flash
Old 02-23-2014, 12:45 PM

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
2017 S63
Sounds like it might be something like the rear SAM unit or something. SDS quick test and a clearing of all faults might fix it now that you have a new battery.
Make sure at idle you are observing at least 13.8 volts at the battery terminals.
Old 02-23-2014, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by jnash
Sounds like it might be something like the rear SAM unit or something. SDS quick test and a clearing of all faults might fix it now that you have a new battery.
Make sure at idle you are observing at least 13.8 volts at the battery terminals.
Will do. The alarm went off for no reason at 5am this morning, i unlocked the car from the remote and locked it. 1 min. Later it goes off again. I repeated what i previously did and it did not go off again. Im beginning to think initially the alarm went off for no reason like that until the battery was drained until i came home from work which led to all the malfunctions due to a weak battery
Old 02-23-2014, 08:45 PM

'01 S500 AMG Sport, ABC,Distronic,Rear Side Shades // '10 E350 P2, Pano, BLK/ALM,4MATIC Sport
Originally Posted by Weapon_R
Will do. The alarm went off for no reason at 5am this morning, i unlocked the car from the remote and locked it. 1 min. Later it goes off again. I repeated what i previously did and it did not go off again. Im beginning to think initially the alarm went off for no reason like that until the battery was drained until i came home from work which led to all the malfunctions due to a weak battery
Be sure to check if the siren back-up battery is good.. Mine did the same thing.. I changed the siren which is located by the left/front wheel..
Old 02-24-2014, 11:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts
2003 S500 - Toyota Corolla (in the rain)
Sometimes when you jump start these cars it can create all kind of electronic problems. Maybe try disconnecting the battery for about 15 minutes. Then go through the re-sync process such as turning the wheels all the way left and right, raising the sunroof, lowering all the windows, etc. and see if that eliminates some of the problems.
Old 02-25-2014, 02:13 PM

I'm almost positive that the rear SAM module is faulty. I did a little research to learn exactly what this unit controls and the list is spot on what i am having problems with. Initially i heard clicking like crazy from right where this module is located when the problems were occuring. Thanks to this forum i'm beginning to learn about this crazy machine inside out haha
Old 07-05-2014, 05:28 PM

S600
have you checked the oil pressure sending unit, sometimes they tend to bled oil into the wiring harness and it goes all the way up into the computer and then crazy stuff keeps happening