S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

The Lexus LS430 How can you even compare it

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-25-2003, 09:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well for me its like this when i think about high class luxury cars there are 3 in my mind S,7 and the A8.But thats my opinion. The lexus falls out beacuse of the design its fugly in my opinion (i rather have the 7 wich i think is fugly to).The interior doesnt have style remeber now style im not talking about quality...
The one engine option stratagy is bull**** in my opinion cause the engine is not that superior. all theese factors combined and my own opinion makes the lexus uncompareable in my eyes.The same goes for caddies and other so called luxury cars..
Old 12-25-2003, 05:28 PM
TNH

I didn't read all of these posts, but I thought I'd just throw in my opinion....

I think the lexus is a great car for the money. It's definitely built with quality and is very reliable, like most Japanese cars.

I think the interior is nice, and I feel that the exterior looks awesome when you add a personal touch to it like JDM wheels and body kit. The engine runs nice and strong, I would consider purchasing one.
Old 12-26-2003, 05:19 AM
GTR

2008 C300
After reading this WHOLE thread, i feel that i have to make an announcement.
You can disregard many of Mae Crown Jewel's statements. Notice that he never backs these up with facts and just rambles on about how US car magazines are absolute bull**** (yet avoiding the fact that the US car market is the most competitive in the world), and how the Lexus is inferior compared to every other European flagship. I have noticed that he doesn't like competition either, and apparently doesn't want to hear about other cars except Mercedes Benz. He also regards Lexus engineering and technology to be inferior when compared to the Europeans. Mae Crown Jewel, how does VVTI, 32 Valve, quad cam sound to you?
Mae Crown Jewel's attitude suggests that every consumer thinks that Lexus is an inferior brand, and takes his bias one step further by substituting real facts with his perspectives.

Can i offer you a suggestion Mae Crown Jewel. I don't mean to offend you but if you want to make yourself more believable, please stop using SMS/ICQ abbreviations on an internet forum. It only serves to reinforce that you are still in the pubic stage of growth.
Old 12-26-2003, 06:19 AM

After reading this WHOLE thread, i feel that i have to make an announcement.
You can disregard many of Mae Crown Jewel's statements. Notice that he never backs these up with facts and just rambles on about how US car magazines are absolute bull**** (yet avoiding the fact that the US car market is the most competitive in the world), and how the Lexus is inferior compared to every other European flagship. I have noticed that he doesn't like competition either, and apparently doesn't want to hear about other cars except Mercedes Benz. He also regards Lexus engineering and technology to be inferior when compared to the Europeans. Mae Crown Jewel, how does VVTI, 32 Valve, quad cam sound to you?
Mae Crown Jewel's attitude suggests that every consumer thinks that Lexus is an inferior brand, and takes his bias one step further by substituting real facts with his perspectives.

Can i offer you a suggestion Mae Crown Jewel. I don't mean to offend you but if you want to make yourself more believable, please stop using SMS/ICQ abbreviations on an internet forum. It only serves to reinforce that you are still in the pubic stage of growth.

OK where do i start.

First of all i dont want to convince you in beliving me i dont give a flying **** about what you have to say.

The facts are in front of you. let me guess you are american.
have you ever noticed that USA is a laaaaaarge country with many many people (250 million if i remember right) and has a fairly high BNP this makes the americans one of the largest car buyers in the world. and you know as everyone else know that when you live in a certain country its very smart and affordable to buy a car from that country like here in sweden its cheep to own volvos.So when the americans buy their cars they buy alot of american cars beacuse the cars suit them.This is why the american car industry is sooooo large. I dont have the nr´s but im 100% sure that the majority of american cars are sold in the US like most other brands INCLUDING MERCEDES.

And the thing about US car mags. The ppl on the mag are humans its like a class room if you have a class of less talanted students its easier for you to shine and make a better impression.But if you have very talented student its harder. The criterias for the course might be the same in both classes but its easier to make a good impression and score a higher grade.(here in sweden you get grades based upon your results and the teachers reactions on you.SOOO in this case the americans have their cars wich are not as good as german or japanese cars (remember only in luxxury car segment).So that makes them Bad analysts in MY eyes and all the folks i know and thats what we see you guys as here in europe (IM sorry its not my fault).

And about the inferiorness of the lexus.WOW thats one thing you got right from reading the thread.Yes i think it is inferior and i dont have time or energy to explain to you over and over gain why i think it is so..

I love competition if you read my old posts i wrote that the S class has many competitors like the A8 the 7 and meybe the pahteon (but thats just maybe).SO i like competition.

And about the he dont want to hear about anything else the mercedes.Hell yeah i dont want to hear any thing else thats why i tapped in www.MBworld.org (notice MB)......

VVTI 32 valve.Niice it sound good.So how does AMG 5.5 V8 sound to you or maybe 6.5 Biturbo V12 the list goes on and on...

If i sound like everyone hates lexus then im sorry. beacuse i dont know about others, there must be someone who likes it sience its selling. And here is a fact for you 79% of the luxury cars sold in Sweden where S classes This year (source Auto motor and Sport Sweden) and the nr 2 was the A8 and then the 7.THey only had the top 3 on the charts..

And one last thing LIVE and LET live ......
(dont play sophisticated or smart we dont need that)
Old 12-26-2003, 06:23 AM

Ohh im sorry i noticed you where austrailan but that doesnt change anything but just dont mind those parts reffering you as a american..
Sorry beating my self....

and by the way i have never read aussie mag but i dont guess they have a large car industry.Holden is the only one as faar as i know.
Old 12-26-2003, 10:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

marta
Originally posted by MAE Crown Jewel

And the thing about US car mags. The ppl on the mag are humans its like a class room if you have a class of less talanted students its easier for you to shine and make a better impression.But if you have very talented student its harder. The criterias for the course might be the same in both classes but its easier to make a good impression and score a higher grade.(here in sweden you get grades based upon your results and the teachers reactions on you.SOOO in this case the americans have their cars wich are not as good as german or japanese cars (remember only in luxxury car segment).So that makes them Bad analysts in MY eyes and all the folks i know and thats what we see you guys as here in europe (IM sorry its not my fault).
I'm really not getting your argument. Just because American companies makes inferior cars means that all Americans have bad judgment when it comes to comparing cars? WTF? You keep making this connection between car analysts and U.S. car companies when there ISN'T ONE.
Come up with a better argument.
Old 12-26-2003, 11:32 AM

OHH im sorry i forgot to write that of course not all american jurnalists are bad. but thats just the way we se it over hear in general that is not everyone....

Sorry about that..
Old 12-26-2003, 01:55 PM
GTR

2008 C300
Please try to understand, i'am not trying to present myself as being "sophisticated" or "smart", its just that you seem to be among the lowest common denominator.

The issue at hand is the Lexus LS430, yet you change the subject by bringing AMG into the discussion, which is irrelevant as it appeals to a different consumer altogether. Correct me if i'am wrong, but isn't AMG considered as an aftermarket tuner and not exactly a part of Mercedes Benz? Its similar to Toyota and TRD (Toyota Racing Development)? Next time you should compare apples with apples.
It appears that either you intentionally divert the subject, or its just out of pure ignorance. From what i see, it appears to be the latter which is dominating your posts.
Whilst you are at it Mae Crown Jewel, why not compare a Hyandai Excel with an 2004 AMG E55? You seem to get the jollies out of criticising everything which is not a Mercedes Benz.

Even though the American's don't make top quality cars, it doesn't mean that they have bad car journalists. The American's are certainly improving the quality and technology of their domestic vehicles, albeit at a very slow pace. They have access to most of the great cars out there, and i regularly read their publications as well as some European ones (mainly Top Gear). From my reading, i feel that the American publications are more in depth, including minor details like braking distance and noise levels inside the cabin. They seem to scrutinise every aspect of the car and usually have multiple judges who give their own verdicts, which eliminates potential bias. Most of the European publications just have one verdict and don't seem to disclose many minor details. Nontheless, they are still a great read.

In Australia, Lexus is achieving much popularity and has already established a reputation for outstanding quality and reliability. Many Australian car journalists have regarded the Lexus as a benchmark for many flagship luxury sedans (in certain areas). Many have also recognised its value but admit that it is not as prestigious as a Mercedes or BMW, as its not made in Europe. The LS is certainly not an "inferior" car as you imply, just less badge value.

As i have said in one of my previous posts, the LS is a great car and so is the Mercedes S-Class. Both have their strengths and weaknesses, and both deserve to be compared with each other. You are on a Mercedes forum, but dare i say, the majority of members like to know what the competition is offering so they know what to consider in their future purposes. I guess most of the members here are intelligent as they accept that there is competition out there, and potentially better products on offer. Unfortunately some people just don't understand, and this is what keeps dodgy car makers in business (i.e Holden, Hyandai, Daewoo, Kia).
Old 12-27-2003, 02:51 AM

2007 S550 Sport
This thread is hilarious. First you have the idiot that started this thread, then you have more of the same being done by the likes of crown_jewel. In between you have the more intelligent posts that, while still supporting MB, do so in a more factual and less arrogant way.

Well, coming from a family that own both MB and Lexus products, I do agree... the MB is much more a status symbol, but my Lexus is that much more reliable. In 11 years, my Lexus has been to the shop 2 times outside of regular maintenance. I can't even begin to tell you how many times the 3 year old S500 has been in the shop. If not for my Lexus, I would have had to walk to work! And I actually worry about my MB breaking... airmatic, command, etc. No real concerns over my Lexus.

And here are some of my opinions... New design theme being worked into the whole BMW lineup is hideous. Just saw the new 5 series on the road... and I thought the 7 looked bad. Nothing really bad to say about MB except for reliability. It felt like they were on thier way to being the best at everything in the mid 90s, then their reliability took a nose-dive with their new models. I guess they really couldn't match that lexus quality. Lexus needs to become more original and create a unique look for themselves. But in their defense, if you were to start a luxury brand ground up, what do you do? Follow the leader, and that's exactly what they did. They copied, and beat, MB at their own game (OMG!). And Toyota did design, market, and build Lexus for the American market, so kudos to them because they have been equal to or outselling MB here for a couple years now. Yes most of their designs are copies (except for the SC300/400/Soarer) and I think with time they will mature. Call me sentimental, but I am rooting for Cadillac. I am hoping their new image takes hold and their cars sell well.

As for American cars... Viper, Corvette, Cadillac CTS-V. Besides, Ford OWNS Jaguar, Land Rover, Volvo, Aston Martin. GM OWNS Saab. And Chrysler... well whatever.

Last edited by T0ked; 12-27-2003 at 02:53 AM.
Old 12-27-2003, 08:43 AM
Guest0001

If you guys want to see more lexus/mb debates check out the General forum as there 2 of them there as well!

MAE Crown Jewel I think we will get along really well I have a DEEP passionate hatred towards lexus, mostly subjective reasons. It will never change.

As for the LS430.... I WILL NEVER drive a b@stardization of one of the most classic MB designs ever created. The W140 S class. If you guys every get a chance go sit in a W140 S500 Grand Edition. OH MAN! What an automobile!

Last edited by Guest0001; 12-27-2003 at 08:45 AM.
Old 12-27-2003, 09:26 AM
GTR

2008 C300
Noble C320, you should at least try the LS430 (afterall the money is in your hands and nobody can force you to even consider it). Classifying it as a *******isation of the W140 is a bit harsh as it is jam packed with its own uniqueness, which has served it well thirteen years down the track.
Old 12-27-2003, 10:33 AM

Please try to understand, i'am not trying to present myself as being "sophisticated" or "smart", its just that you seem to be among the lowest common denominator
Here you go again.

The issue at hand is the Lexus LS430, yet you change the subject by bringing AMG into the discussion, which is irrelevant as it appeals to a different consumer altogether. Correct me if i'am wrong, but isn't AMG considered as an aftermarket tuner and not exactly a part of Mercedes Benz? Its similar to Toyota and TRD (Toyota Racing Development)? Next time you should compare apples with apples.
Well the subject was LS430 but then you started to talk about them enginers that make the wonderful VTII. Thats why i brought up AMG. I know as you know that they are tuners.And im gonna correct you beacuse you are wrong AMG is A part of mercedes not aftermarket on the way you think like brabus and so on.Now im comparing apples with apples becuse i was talkin about what mercedes give their coustumers in terms of engines and in that AMG is include like the V12 the 5.0l V8 and the 4.0 diesel v8 and so on.So in a way im comparing apples with apples but this time your apple is too small so you are being naiv and thats why you se your apple as a cherry (or something else, you decide )

Whilst you are at it Mae Crown Jewel, why not compare a Hyandai Excel with an 2004 AMG E55? You seem to get the jollies out of criticising everything which is not a Mercedes Benz.
I have one question for you. are you blind????
I have written many times that i see the A8 and the 7 as competition either you are blind or you consider audi mercedes and bmw as one company.I just think that lexus is not there yet they have to work on it alot in my eyes. They can start to make a own design that would help.

From my reading, i feel that the American publications are more in depth, including minor details like braking distance and noise levels inside the cabin. They seem to scrutinise every aspect of the car and usually have multiple judges who give their own verdicts, which eliminates potential bias. Most of the European publications just have one verdict and don't seem to disclose many minor details. Nontheless, they are still a great read
All the mags here that are for the public does all those tests. Top gear is more for the dreamer they have all the fancy cars like the S class and they tell a lot of irrelevant info but thats why its fun.But my opinion about the americans car industry and carmags will never cange unless there is a revolution or something and i hope i die before that...

In Australia, Lexus is achieving much popularity and has already established a reputation for outstanding quality and reliability. Many Australian car journalists have regarded the Lexus as a benchmark for many flagship luxury sedans (in certain areas). Many have also recognised its value but admit that it is not as prestigious as a Mercedes or BMW, as its not made in Europe. The LS is certainly not an "inferior" car as you imply, just less badge value.
Well good for them then they are a step closer to the REAL thing.And here it is again its the same all over the world they try the lexus and when they come to the end they write exellent car but not yet a mercedes or something in that direction, this happens beacuse of many things but one of those things are badge value wich i think is very important when you buy a car in that price range. i think that was the intention of the builders of the first luxury sedans but lately there is a new form of humans wich like to pay alot and stay passive.Well thats up to them.I dont understand it anyways.

As i have said in one of my previous posts, the LS is a great car and so is the Mercedes S-Class. Both have their strengths and weaknesses, and both deserve to be compared with each other. You are on a Mercedes forum, but dare i say, the majority of members like to know what the competition is offering so they know what to consider in their future purposes. I guess most of the members here are intelligent as they accept that there is competition out there, and potentially better products on offer. Unfortunately some people just don't understand, and this is what keeps dodgy car makers in business (i.e Holden, Hyandai, Daewoo, Kia).
If you havent noticed there are many other sites on the web than mbfroum.org so go and write there. I think if a buyer of a new car wants to make a research he can go a step further than to look at one site.And here it is again the shiat about the competition i know theres copetition but not from lexus side.OK?????????
Old 12-27-2003, 10:49 AM

Well, coming from a family that own both MB and Lexus products, I do agree... the MB is much more a status symbol, but my Lexus is that much more reliable. In 11 years, my Lexus has been to the shop 2 times outside of regular maintenance. I can't even begin to tell you how many times the 3 year old S500 has been in the shop. If not for my Lexus, I would have had to walk to work! And I actually worry about my MB breaking... airmatic, command, etc. No real concerns over my Lexus.
Products wich lexus are we talking about??????.
I have never had any problems with my mb´s NEVER.
And get a bicycle instead of the lexus(it cheeper and never brokes down thats like the lexus as you guys claim it is on the other hand it has the same status to)
And eat a prozac cause its not good to be stresses about all those things.

New design theme being worked into the whole BMW lineup is hideous. Just saw the new 5 series on the road... and I thought the 7 looked bad.
HAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAAAAAAHHAH
At least they have a own desing and its a lot more beautiful than the lexus.

But in their defense, if you were to start a luxury brand ground up, what do you do? Follow the leader, and that's exactly what they did. They copied, and beat, MB at their own game (OMG!)
I know what to do. make a own product with a own life and presence.Yes the LEAder thats right and its still the leader and will be the leader.The beating part is sonething you came up with yourself.Beacuse belive me the intentions of every company is to sell a lot of cars wether you sell it in Asia europe or US of A.And in that field mercedes is the best.

As for American cars... Viper, Corvette, Cadillac CTS-V. Besides, Ford OWNS Jaguar, Land Rover, Volvo, Aston Martin. GM OWNS Saab. And Chrysler... well whatever.
As for the owning part they are still individuall car makers wich work for a certain goal they have setup.And it seems that american cars just have on goal make ugly big cars with truck engines that only works in places where gas is cheeper then water or if you own a oil field.
Old 12-27-2003, 11:00 AM

MAE Crown Jewel I think we will get along really well I have a DEEP passionate hatred towards lexus, mostly subjective reasons. It will never change.
OHH at last some help i think we will get along very well.I also heve that hatred, it will not chabge whatever they do beacuse the started as a copy company.

As for the LS430.... I WILL NEVER drive a b@stardization of one of the most classic MB designs ever created. The W140 S class. If you guys every get a chance go sit in a W140 S500 Grand Edition. OH MAN! What an automobile!
HEHEHEH gr8 way to explain lexus just wonderful.We owned a W140 its classic you should never mess with classics.

So respect to you man
Old 12-27-2003, 11:03 AM

Noble C320, you should at least try the LS430 (afterall the money is in your hands and nobody can force you to even consider it). Classifying it as a *******isation of the W140 is a bit harsh as it is jam packed with its own uniqueness, which has served it well thirteen years down the track.
Yeah a track that mercedes made and te uniqueness is something you have too look after with a magnifying glass
Old 12-27-2003, 11:47 AM

2007 S550 Sport
Good for you if you've never had a problem with your MB, but reading through the posts on this forum proves otherwise. I'm sure there is one guy that's had a lemon of a Lexus, doesn't change the picture at large. And yes, it's not good to worry about those things, because that's not what luxury should be about. You can talk all you want, but I'm talking about the American market and here, Lexus has been selling more or as well as MB. And about selling a lot of cars... huh? Toyota has everyone in Europe beat even when you consider the DaimlerChrysler Corp, so I don't understand when you say Mercedes has everyone beat... There is one thing to have your own unique design, and another to make it hideous. I bet you were one of those who stood by in 1989 and said Lexus is not a threat, that they didn't have the heritage or the prestige and that MB wouldnt have to worry about anything. Anyway, you make me laugh. Keep up the funny posts!
Old 12-27-2003, 12:00 PM
Guest0001

Originally posted by GTR
GTR,

Lets start by the Lexus slogan "passionate pursuit of perfection" in reality meaning "Who cares if we blatantly copy Mercedes-Benz. So what if we don’t have enough confidence in ourselves as a company to come up with our own technology and make breakthroughs in automotive history. At least our cars have more value and they are .5 times more reliable."

Sorry Lexus. You get no respect from me.

LS is not even close to uniqueness!

The ENTIRE Car Looks MERCEDES-BENZ inside and out. From the rear the front, sides. The interior is all S class. Its just ridiculous, this is there flagship model for f*ck sakes.

Go look at there website

Here is some of the things Lexus rebadged as there own

Pre-Safe which MB just came out. Pre-collision is what Lexus calls it
Keyless which MB came with. Keyless ignition is what Lexus calls it

90% of the technology from the LS is striaght from S class rebadge in different names.

This company is a thief!

This car is as poser/imitation as it gets

Thats the problem. This is what pisses me off when people even dare compare this car to the real.

Originality, Technological advancements, Style, Engineering,Heritage, Saftey. This what MB is about.

Mercedes-Benz took years of research to come up and INVENT the safety programs providing the technological advancements for this car.

But no that doesnt matter according to lexus people because lexus cars have "better value" and our .5 time more reliable.

You want MB design buy MB design.

Last edited by Guest0001; 12-27-2003 at 12:05 PM.
Old 12-27-2003, 12:10 PM
Guest0001

Originally posted by MAE Crown Jewel
OHH at last some help i think we will get along very well.I also heve that hatred, it will not change whatever they do beacuse the started as a copy company.

HEHEHEH gr8 way to explain lexus just wonderful.We owned a W140 its classic you should never mess with classics.

So respect to you man
Yeah man I got your back!

Some people here try to keep it neutral for whatever reason.

"Both are great cars" Blah Blah, ok now what is your real opinion?

I Dont have a problem admiting and speaking my mind.

Now i am awating MR SLICK Lexy to waltz in here any moment
Old 12-27-2003, 12:57 PM

Good for you if you've never had a problem with your MB, but reading through the posts on this forum proves otherwise. I'm sure there is one guy that's had a lemon of a Lexus, doesn't change the picture at large. And yes, it's not good to worry about those things, because that's not what luxury should be about. You can talk all you want, but I'm talking about the American market and here, Lexus has been selling more or as well as MB. And about selling a lot of cars... huh? Toyota has everyone in Europe beat even when you consider the DaimlerChrysler Corp, so I don't understand when you say Mercedes has everyone beat... There is one thing to have your own unique design, and another to make it hideous. I bet you were one of those who stood by in 1989 and said Lexus is not a threat, that they didn't have the heritage or the prestige and that MB wouldnt have to worry about anything. Anyway, you make me laugh. Keep up the funny posts!

Yeah thats not what luxury should be about so i dont know why you worry i never had any reasons to worry.My car feels stabil and its beautiful and has status and everything i desire.Well im not talking about america you americans should take a step outside your world and realize there is something more out there(note im not reffering to all americans ).Toyota has eveyone beat in the world.But are we talking about MERCEDES s class and LEXUS LS or is it the companys.And in this segment mercedes beats them big time it doesnt mater how u twist and turn it:p .
And its lexus,Lexus is an effort from toyota to brake into a new market, a market wich is dominated by german cars but when the german cars make an effort they go higher like maybach.
There is a living proof that toyota and mercedes is like night and day.And of course toyota sells more beacuse their cars are for the majority and are fairly reliable and good value. And i dont know about the thing with toyota as a whole concern with all companys they own included beats the whole Daimler chrysler corp.(maybe )
And im happy i can make you smile and have fun.

And Noble C320 keep up the fight heheh

Last edited by MAE Crown Jewel; 12-27-2003 at 01:00 PM.
Old 12-27-2003, 01:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

marta
Originally posted by Noble C320
GTR,

Lets start by the Lexus slogan "passionate pursuit of perfection" in reality meaning "Who cares if we blatantly copy Mercedes-Benz. So what if we don’t have enough confidence in ourselves as a company to come up with our own technology and make breakthroughs in automotive history. At least our cars have more value and they are .5 times more reliable."

Sorry Lexus. You get no respect from me.

LS is not even close to uniqueness!

The ENTIRE Car Looks MERCEDES-BENZ inside and out. From the rear the front, sides. The interior is all S class. Its just ridiculous, this is there flagship model for f*ck sakes.

Go look at there website

Here is some of the things Lexus rebadged as there own

Pre-Safe which MB just came out. Pre-collision is what Lexus calls it
Keyless which MB came with. Keyless ignition is what Lexus calls it

90% of the technology from the LS is striaght from S class rebadge in different names.

This company is a thief!

This car is as poser/imitation as it gets

Thats the problem. This is what pisses me off when people even dare compare this car to the real.

Originality, Technological advancements, Style, Engineering,Heritage, Saftey. This what MB is about.

Mercedes-Benz took years of research to come up and INVENT the safety programs providing the technological advancements for this car.

But no that doesnt matter according to lexus people because lexus cars have "better value" and our .5 time more reliable.

You want MB design buy MB design.

Finally, someone who can make an comprehendible argument.

I actually agree with you about a bunch of things, but most of all- "Originality, Technological advancements, Style, Engineering,Heritage, Saftey. This what MB is about."

Lexus does copy, but maybe MB can also take a few notes from them on quality and reliability.
Old 12-28-2003, 04:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 Mercedes E350 Sport
i wouldnt call the 6.0l v12 twin turbo anything advanced- its less then 100hp p/litre and its TURBO!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-28-2003, 06:14 AM

OHHH yes
you are wrong

The S600 engine is 5.5litre V12 with bi turbos (that means 2) and it has 500hp.And takes the s class from 0-100 in 4.8 sec.So in my eyes its a very xtraordinary engine.
Old 12-28-2003, 01:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
it can easily do more than 500hp, PM treynor. But anyway, I own both and MB and a lexus. Both cars are pretty good but one just feels more vault like and solid... and thats the MB. The C320 just feels like a rolling bank vault and I LOVE that feeling. After driving the C then going in the lexus it feels like a flimsy sloppy tin can... with sharper handling, lol. The MB just feels like a better built car than my Lexus IS300. The ES300 loaners I have had all rattle like an old school bus (from the moonroof) and the RX300s arent much better! I have never driven an LS430 for a long period of time so i cannot comment on it, but I have driven an S500 for a period of time and what an amazing vehicle!
Old 12-29-2003, 06:16 PM

Lexus is a great design (W220) copy cat!
Lots of Americans don't mind driving around in a litter box, maybe they got it for Christmas with a big red bow on it - now that's original. Maybe they should find their own forum, too.
I think lexusworld.org is in the works - don't be surprised if the interface looks a lot like mbworld.org!
Old 12-29-2003, 08:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 E55 AMG
What`s wrong with Toyota? They are a very good company as well as Mercedes! God, that ENARANG is a f***** a******!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The Lexus LS430 How can you even compare it