S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

The Lexus LS430 How can you even compare it

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2003, 08:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Lexus LS430 How can you even compare it

Someone mentioned (not using any names) before that the Lexus LS430 has significant changes. It is also faster. Yes that is true but I forgot to mention that its a Toyota and you can't compare a Toyota with the likes of BMW or even Mercedes. I think the best thing would be for Lexus to stop challenging with the 7-series or S-class. The lexus in my opinion is a car that is trying to challenge the 7 and S but has come up short and if we really think about it the car is a TOYOTA. So let me ask you this question what would u rahter drive a Lexus a BMW or a Mercedes? 9 out of 10 people will say either the BMW or the Mercedes and the one who says Lexus is in love with the inferiotiy of Japanese cars!
Old 12-07-2003, 08:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 CLK320
Re: The Lexus LS430 How can you even compare it

Originally posted by ENARANG
Someone mentioned (not using any names) before that the Lexus LS430 has significant changes. It is also faster. Yes that is true but I forgot to mention that its a Toyota and you can't compare a Toyota with the likes of BMW or even Mercedes. I think the best thing would be for Lexus to stop challenging with the 7-series or S-class. The lexus in my opinion is a car that is trying to challenge the 7 and S but has come up short and if we really think about it the car is a TOYOTA. So let me ask you this question what would u rahter drive a Lexus a BMW or a Mercedes? 9 out of 10 people will say either the BMW or the Mercedes and the one who says Lexus is in love with the inferiotiy of Japanese cars!
Hey ENARANG,
All of your posts are for one purpose only, to make people argue with each other. So I have one thing to tell you.
Take your piece of @ss that you call a face and shove a tick tack up there, because everytime you open your mouth you give the forum a horrid smell.
So please before you think about talking, shut your face.
Old 12-07-2003, 08:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

marta
Yeah, and that's exactly why the LS430 beats out every other car in almost every comparison.

I think BMW and Mercedes are going to have to face it; Lexus made an amazing vehicle that has everything they have (maybe not the looks or so called prestige and heritage), for cheaper, and guess what? It actually works.

I think most people here will at least agree that they'd rather have the LS430 than that appalling piece of crap you call the 7-series, seeing that performance is now equal.
Old 12-07-2003, 09:08 PM

2003 CLK55AMG
ENARANG

Just what exactly is wrong with a Toyota. They are the second largest car company in the world, have some of the most reliable cars in the world, make enough models that there's something for everyone and if they continue on their present path may just own the car industry some day.
Old 12-07-2003, 09:27 PM

2004 S55
In my opinion, Lexus makes a great line of vehicles. Unfortunately, the look of LS line just doesn't appeal to me but I'm sure it does to other people. What I do like about the LS line is the smooth ride and Lexus' current gadget offerings. Mercedes tends to be a bit more conservative in that department, releasing new technological cabin advancements later than most manufacturers they commonly compete against. Oh well, my phone isn't bluetooth enabled anyway.
Old 12-08-2003, 12:45 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Re: The Lexus LS430 How can you even compare it

Originally posted by ENARANG
Don't be scarred, I'm right here. Say it loud; VRAA LIKES LEXUS'! So let me see, that three-pointed star is more important then a real car to you? Are you getting scarred that Lexus has beat Mercedes and BMW in making the perfect luxury car? Am I thinking that this guy is worried ****less that a TOYOTA can bring his car and a W220 500 to it's knees? This what... inferior Japanese car that brought one of the oldest car manufacturers to it's knees in less than fifteen years?! I don't need to continue, your post speaks more than what is on the computer screen.
Old 12-08-2003, 02:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i535
I think Lexus is Mercedes of poor people. After owning Lexus for year I understood it, so I will never buy Lexus again. Cadillac looks much better choice if you can't afford Mercedes or BMW. Even A8 is much better car than LS430.
Old 12-08-2003, 02:03 AM

08 Lexus GS350 AWD. 08 Lexus RX350 AWD - wife's. 94 MBZ E320 - still have it.
Can I say something?

First of all, Lexus is an excellent car with proven quality, and this is not an opinion, it's a fact. Its stile is not in my taste, and I personally would chose MBZ over Lexus. But let's not forget, boys and girls, that if it wasn't for Lexus, we would not have many fine MBZ models today, because berofe Lexus, Mercedes thought they rulled the world and kept producing same models for 10+ years. In addition, they were ridiculosly high priced, because of no competition. I guess, my point is this: Lexus shook the MBZ throne and forced the company to get off its *** and to start development.

Thank you.
Old 12-08-2003, 03:01 AM

well....mb and BMW are indeed nice cars but lexus really makes some VERY NICE cars also. can not beat that.
Old 12-08-2003, 04:55 AM

This is bull****

This is all bull**** beacuse the founders of Bmw and toyota( not lexus beacuse its a fairly new brand) were sperms in daddys pouch when mercedes started to make luxury sedans, they dont have the same experience heritage or anything. you compare a new lexus and a new bmw with the s class wich came out in 1998 end in europe and still it kicks their asses in beauty tech (wich make sens not like i-drive) and comfort. SO remember like jurgen hubert said the key to comfort is simplicity......
in other words that u dont have to be a freakin scientist to work out the radio...

So my feelings for BMW´s 7 are: a overdone sedan in both design and tech and UGLY *** car

And the lexus: Always one step behind in everything design tech and engines.

PS
There will always be a time in a mercedes models life when the other carmakers make something new wich is a mercedes with maybe one or 2 new things and call it a better car wich it isnt couse like proven before mercedes is always on top the figures speek fot themself 70% of the luxury car buyers cant be wrong...

SO **** yourself and dont post on this site until MB is out of buisness (something that is impossible )
Old 12-08-2003, 08:04 AM

ENOUGH OF THE LEXUS BASHING!!!

are you all a bunch of communists? i mean what the hell is wrong with competetion? do you want to see everyone driving a Mercedes? i doubt it. if someone wants to buy a car that doesnt need to visit the service dept. every other week and whos priority isnt to have a car thats mostly a status symbol then they will buy lexus. if they want an overpriced car full of new and un-reliable technologies then they will buy a mercedes. it all comes down to what you want in a car. ....to each his own.

and lexus is NOT the "poor man's Mercedes", its the intelligent man's mercedes.
Old 12-08-2003, 10:28 AM

get a grip of reality..

if someone wants to buy a car that doesnt need to visit the service dept. every other week and whos priority isnt to have a car thats mostly a status symbol then they will buy lexus. if they want an overpriced car full of new and un-reliable technologies then they will buy a mercedes. it all comes down to what you want in a car. ....to each his own.

I havent had anyproblems with my mercedeses EVER .
And un reliable mercedes are u missing something or whats the problem....

my point is if u want a lexus go ahead but dont come and say its a poor mans mercedes or a intelligent mans mercedes its not a mercedes att all. and it will never be...
maybe they will make a car superioir to a MB wich i doubt highly BUT im sorry no mercedes and not a better car im sorry thats just fact..
Old 12-08-2003, 10:54 AM

Re: get a grip of reality..

Originally posted by MAE Crown Jewel

"I havent had anyproblems with my mercedeses EVER ."

"maybe they will make a car superioir to a MB wich i doubt highly BUT im sorry no mercedes and not a better car im sorry thats just fact.."
1) then you are in the 0.01% of people who can claim the same.

2)that is NOT a fact that is your opinion.

there are few facts you can argue: reliability, performance numbers, price. as well as other considerations like insurance costs and safety results. the rest is all subjective and comes down to personal taste. there is nothing wrong with buying either car. i just cant stand when people act so ignorant and arrogant as to put down all other competitors just because they own "Brand_X". Nothing wrong with being in love with MB. just dont act like others cars are unworthy.
Old 12-08-2003, 11:01 AM

Have u evere read a car mag when they test luxury sedans either its lexus or the jaguar that comes last . i dont mean that lexus are bad cars but dont think i have a mercedes beacuse of the brand i have it beacuse of what the brand produces..

and i cant stand ppl that bash mercedes with cars that are uglyier and not as good...

if u have a lexus fine
if u dont fine.

and dont come here and bring up the cash issue beacuse both u and me know that ppl that buys luxury sedans don give a flying **** about the small differences in price
Old 12-08-2003, 11:07 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Have u evere read a car mag when they test luxury sedans either its lexus or the jaguar that comes last . i dont mean that lexus are bad cars but dont think i have a mercedes beacuse of the brand i have it beacuse of what the brand produces..

and i cant stand ppl that bash mercedes with cars that are uglyier and not as good...

if u have a lexus fine
if u dont fine.

and dont come here and bring up the cash issue beacuse both u and me know that ppl that buys luxury sedans don give a flying **** about the small differences in price
Nicely said partly, but Lexus comes first in a lot of luxury car mags. And 20k is a lot.

Uh oh bell rang.
Old 12-08-2003, 11:14 AM

Ok man but in european mags lexus never winns i have never seen it..

and 20 k is a lot but good luck selling you lexus when u wnat to get rid of it...
here in sweden nobody buyes them on the other hand mercedes Sell like MAD.

and i know that u may not earn 20k on that but but the feeling of having a mercedes and the headturning factor of a sclass makes me forget about the 20k´s...
Old 12-08-2003, 11:25 AM

if u have a lexus fine
if u dont fine.

you may not care about price but it IS an issue for many people, regardless of how much $$$ they make. Randy Moss, a multi-million dollar NFL star from my state drives a Lexus LS.

i am not in the least bashing any carmaker.

you you couldnt be more wrong about magazines. pick up last months Car and Driver. the S-Class placed last out of 7 cars while the Lexus LS placed first. that is NOT to say that the Lexus is better. it all comes down to personal preference and what you look for in a car.

i can tell you are not a true car enthusiast and are just a fanboy of Mercedes so this discussion is becoming pointless.
Old 12-08-2003, 11:27 AM

and 20 k is a lot but good luck selling you lexus when u wnat to get rid of it...

and i know that u may not earn 20k on that but but the feeling of having a mercedes and the headturning factor of a sclass makes me forget about the 20k´s...
here in the states lexus has a very good resale value. because of its exceptional quality and reliability.
Old 12-08-2003, 11:36 AM

you may not care about price but it IS an issue for many people, regardless of how much $$$ they make. Randy Moss, a multi-million dollar NFL star from my state drives a Lexus LS.

ufff for me price is not a issue and i dont think ppl with price issues should bye a luxury sedan of any kind..
who the hell cares about randy moss or any other famous ppl i dong give a **** i buy a car for my self and if a stupid idiot plays a stupid game like american football and drives a lexus that don bring me closer to a lexus that moves me 60 yards in the other direction.
and about that of me being a fanboy hell yeah i am a proud one too . i just think u are like one of those ppl that wants to stand a part from the others and think they r speciall whan they infact are doing a bad decison like gays, vegans and so on...
So if u love lexus find ue self a lexus forum and be happy.
this is mb forum and as loong as you put up any car against a mercedes your gonna hear complains thats why its called MB FORUM.

Remember that MB NOT LEXUS
Old 12-08-2003, 11:44 AM

get a clue.

randy moss was an example of someone with a helluva lot of money who DIDNT spent a rediculous amount of it an a car. dont be such an @sshole as to say you shouldnt buy a luxury car if you cant afford a top-of-the-line Mercedes. this forum is filled with people who dont have unlimited financial resources to pour into automobiles but still want a car that is enjoyable with a certain level of luxury. you are starting to sound like a real snob.

like i said before. IM NOT HERE TO BASH MERCEDES AND I HAVE NOT AS OF YET.

I LIKE LEXUS, BUT I AM NOT BOASTING AND TRYING TO TELL PEOPLE LEXUS IS BETTER.

ALL I WAS TRYIN TO SAY FROM THE START IS THAT THERE IS NO NEED TO BASH LEXUS.

kthx.
Old 12-08-2003, 11:52 AM

randy moss was an example of someone with a helluva lot of money who DIDNT spent a rediculous amount of it an a car. dont be such an @sshole as to say you shouldnt buy a luxury car if you cant afford a top-of-the-line Mercedes. this forum is filled with people who dont have unlimited financial resources to pour into automobiles but still want a car that is enjoyable with a certain level of luxury. you are starting to sound like a real snob.
Listen to yourself i think the rich guy (wich i dont have a clue who he is and i don care for ppl that run into other and make money)didnt care about the price whnehe bought that car i think he liked it and bought it nothing wrong with that.

And about that certain level of luxury you dont se me complainin in the c or e clas board this is the freakin S/7 and Ls we are talking about theese are the highest luxury after maybach rolls and bently and in theese cases i think or at least folks i have met that own theese cars don care about the price...

And that car and driver mag is it from usa then it speeks for itself cause we all know what gr8 cars americans build
Old 12-08-2003, 11:56 AM

ok you are proving more and more that you are an arrogant *** and have nothing meaningful to say. im throwing in the towel on this thread.
Old 12-08-2003, 12:00 PM

AND THE WINN GOES TO MERCEDES AGAIN AS ALLWAYS..

EHEHHEH

Sorry man that i left you speechless but thats just the effect of a mercedes
Old 12-08-2003, 05:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

marta
Dang, this is a mess...

my point is if u want a lexus go ahead but dont come and say its a poor mans mercedes or a intelligent mans mercedes its not a mercedes att all. and it will never be...
maybe they will make a car superioir to a MB wich i doubt highly BUT im sorry no mercedes and not a better car im sorry thats just fact..
Of course it'll never be a Mercedes, b/c it'll be a Lexus. How do you mean superior? As in better looking, faster, more of a status symbol? Remember, they all have their ups and downs- saying one is better than the other is just your opinion.

if u have a lexus fine
if u dont fine.

No one is bashing Mercedes.

Again, that is your opinion. Some may care about the price difference.

Maybe because they're Euro mags?

I guess that's just the case over there.

Some people don't care about the "headturning factor."
They may just want a car that works when it's supposed to (all the time.)

ufff for me price is not a issue and i dont think ppl with price issues should bye a luxury sedan of any kind..
who the hell cares about randy moss or any other famous ppl i dong give a **** i buy a car for my self and if a stupid idiot plays a stupid game like american football and drives a lexus that don bring me closer to a lexus that moves me 60 yards in the other direction.
and about that of me being a fanboy hell yeah i am a proud one too . i just think u are like one of those ppl that wants to stand a part from the others and think they r speciall whan they infact are doing a bad decison like gays, vegans and so on...
So if u love lexus find ue self a lexus forum and be happy.
this is mb forum and as loong as you put up any car against a mercedes your gonna hear complains thats why its called MB FORUM.

Remember that MB NOT LEXUS
Why shouldn't people who care about price buy a luxury sedan? Especially if the Japs can make a comparable one for cheaper that they can afford.

If just ONE football player buying a Lexus would move you 60 yards in the other direction, what about the hundreds of players and rappers that buy S-Classes? I mean, doesn't bother me, but seems like it does to you.

Bad decisions include buying a Lexus, being a homosexual, and being a vegan? Yep, sounds like an opinion to me.

Why shouldn't we try to compare the competition, it's what the companies do when building a new model. What do you think Mercedes is doing right now for the W221? Probably taking some quality and reliability hints from Lexus. I'd even bet they have a brand new 2004 LS430, fully loaded, in their research building. :p

And that car and driver mag is it from usa then it speeks for itself cause we all know what gr8 cars americans build

That really has nothing to do with U.S car magazines.

AND THE WINN GOES TO MERCEDES AGAIN AS ALLWAYS..

EHEHHEH

Sorry man that i left you speechless but thats just the effect of a mercedes
What did they win? I didn't see an MB vs. Lexus debate going on here.

All WannabeAMG was trying to do was answer the question of the thread- "The Lexus LS430- how can you even compare it?" That doesn't require any MB bashing at all. He's just trying to say that Lexus is a strong competitor in the sub- $100k luxury sedan category; and YES, it can be compared to a Mercedes.
Old 12-08-2003, 07:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 E55 AMG
Man, this thread is a mess all because of ENARANG. The Lexus LS430 is a very nice car and I think it can be compared with the S430 or S500. It`s your personal opinion on which car you like better.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The Lexus LS430 How can you even compare it