S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

How many people here actually own or lease their Sclass and how many just brag about

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2004, 03:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How many people here actually own or lease their Sclass and how many just brag about

there father's or mother's car??? I appreciate Coolan's honesty that the S-class they just got (leased) was not his but his father's. I don't mind that people talk about Sclass', which afterall it is a discussion forum but what I don't appreciate is people being dishonest and saying they own, bought, or whatever when in fact it's their parents car. I have seen several people say they are going to do this and that to their Brabus or Lorinser car and later find out that this person behind an alias is not even old enough to drive!
Old 05-04-2004, 06:09 AM

ML320 164
Well, im honest :)

perhaps to honest
Old 05-04-2004, 10:28 AM

maybe there should be a separate forum for siblings

PS: I paid cash for mine
Old 05-04-2004, 10:38 AM

ML320 164
I dont get it, doesnt sibling mean brother or sister?

Originally posted by sportlichE430
maybe there should be a separate forum for siblings

PS: I paid cash for mine
Old 05-04-2004, 12:17 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 Sienna SE, 01 S500, 05 LS430 UL
Mine (ours) is the family's car. Everybody (only 3 of us) uses this car whenever they want-each of us have their own daily driver. We all paid for it equally. I'm the only one who is more of the car enthusiast so I take care of it more and is on the internet more. I can't say this car is "mine" unlike the Lexus GS b/c that's more of my daily car.
Old 05-04-2004, 01:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Re: How many people here actually own or lease their Sclass and how many just brag about

Originally posted by 2001S500ABC
there father's or mother's car??? I appreciate Coolan's honesty that the S-class they just got (leased) was not his but his father's. I don't mind that people talk about Sclass', which afterall it is a discussion forum but what I don't appreciate is people being dishonest and saying they own, bought, or whatever when in fact it's their parents car. I have seen several people say they are going to do this and that to their Brabus or Lorinser car and later find out that this person behind an alias is not even old enough to drive!

This Forum is full of pertinent Mercedes information, But on the other hand it seems over run w/childeren bragging about their parents, friends, neighbors cars! It's pathetic they don't see the difference in their parents possesions, and their own IE just because your part of the family doesn't mean mommy + daddys
Sclass is yours..... If you want a good laugh go check out the S55 forum-thread on posers fake S55's there is a guy on there openly admiting his dad just bought a new S55AMG and then starts going on like it's his he's clueless. As for me I'm 33 owner 01S500
Old 05-04-2004, 04:30 PM
Almost a Member!

true, however, if you got a nice car in the family, I still think its OK to participate, as long as you say its your dads etc.

But then again, if your dads owns a car, it probably means that you drive it quite a lot, or at least get to experience a lot already without actually owning it..

However, how do you say I got a S class, and my wife has a BMW etc. etc. without sounding like bragging?? We are all "braggers" here in a way.. but I try to be nice about it in any case buts its the truth, nonetheless, I WILL get the car soon enough ..
Old 05-04-2004, 04:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

marta
Eh, I've never said it was my car and I've never bragged about it. Hell, I barely even post in the W220 section. And I don't notice anyone here bragging about his or her parent's car either.

I'm just on here to pass time.
Old 05-04-2004, 05:06 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
when I get my S beleive me it will be ALL MINE
Old 05-04-2004, 06:42 PM
Almost a Member!

true, however, if you got a nice car in the family, I still think its OK to participate, as long as you say its your dads etc.

But then again, if your dads owns a car, it probably means that you drive it quite a lot, or at least get to experience a lot already without actually owning it..

However, how do you say I got a S class, and my wife has a BMW etc. etc. without sounding like bragging?? We are all "braggers" here in a way.. but I try to be nice about it in any case buts its the truth, nonetheless, I WILL get the car soon enough ..
Old 05-04-2004, 06:45 PM
Out Of Control!!

Originally posted by Hires

you posted the same thing earlier
Old 05-04-2004, 07:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll bite on this one.

Yes, it is MY car, I am way underaged to own an S Class. A lot of my friends prefer an M3, G35, Corvette, well you get the picture.

And yes, I paid cash for MOST of it. I'm financing 10k of it to build up my credit.

Does that give me the right to brag? Maybe not, but I feel like I have to for some reason I guess because I'm proud of my accomplisment.

The internet holds a certain amount of anonyminity, so a lot of people take advantage of this. You can pretend to be the richest guy in the world and make people believe it with pictures, etc... it just makes it so much easier to do that when your parents are rich, and you have control over the family digital camera.

All that is fine and good. That's what the internet is all about, however, some people are honest and don't tolerate liars of any kind. Me, I'm the type to just sit back and enjoy the fireworks when these 2 different types of personalities collide.

It's all good.
Old 05-04-2004, 08:34 PM
Out Of Control!!

i love to watch liars dig their own grave
Old 05-05-2004, 04:56 AM

2014 C350 Sport
Thought I’d add my .02. I did see my name posted in the initial comments of the thread. My views on people posting under aliases or for cars they do not own is that they should be understood. Many are either immature or insecure, or both.

As for my dad's car. I love Mercedes, over the past years I have grown to learn everything i can about them. When it came to ordering the car, I was leading the process. When the car came, i spent 5 hours with the Mercedes mechanic, then another 4 hours at STI Motorsports under the car, talking to the mechanic doing the exhaust install.

YES, it is my dad's car, yes, it is ALL his money, and yes, I see a separation between my finances (which do not exist) and those of my father. However, the car feels as much a part of me as it does to my dad. He did everything to the car for me, and to bring back that feeling of when he was 16 and fixing up his car.

Those on the forum who rebrand S320's as S32's, any S class as a S55, S600, are extremely insecure and I think we know it. Given an exhaust tip can look nice, and rims can really make a car look a lot better, if they are only added to make the car seem like it is something that it isn't, then they are installed under the wrong pretenses.

The Mercedes is a great car. Many wish they could own one, relatively few do. I think we can all understand why a lot would act as if they do. The Mercedes is a status symbol (as much as the proliferation of the lesser models, like the A, C, ML go against that) and many want to have that status or at least the appearance of it. I'm 18, I drive around my 1992 W140 400SE and I love it. Is it a status symbol for me? Not really... just a solid car. Yet when I take my dad’s car out, and stand out slightly from the hordes of S classes I’ll admit I feel special, and I act as if the car is mine. But hey, wouldn’t you? haha

That’s my .02
Old 05-05-2004, 09:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'05 A4 1.8TQM6
Pretty much all of the cars listed in my sig are bought by my father. He worked his @$$ off to where he got today (12+ hours each and every day for the past 20 years and now he can relax more and have a few days off).

At the time when I got my license, he passed down the w202 to me as a present. True that I never paid anything for the car, but I do cover maintenance costs when I can so that it's not all my father paying for everything.

I rarely, call the w220 or the w163 mine. Usually i just go "our" so and so :p I use the "my" phrase when I'm posting about my w202

But nah, I don't go around bragging that I own a S-Class or whatnot.
Old 05-05-2004, 11:16 AM

too many to list
Looong post.

Im 19 and have been blessed to own several different beauties at such a young age. Growing up I always worked with my dad at our family business. When I was 15/16 we purchased a 1999 E55 and when I got my license it became my car. I put 18" Carlsson Design 1/6 wheels (no lip) on it. I got in an accident in it and after that they are never the same so we sold it. Then I wanted an ///M3 but my parents insisted on 4 doors because of my recent accident. The ///M5 was the obvious choice. We purchased a 2001 M5 which I drove for two years and put 49,000 miles on. I put Dinan Exhuast and Dinan chip on it. Then in June 2003 when the 50k warranty was getting close to expire, my older brother drives a 2002 turbo with aerokit convinced me to get a Carrera. Mods were limited to carbon fiber interior and more was to come, however, on December 23 while my family was overseas preparing for my sisters wedding a woman slammed into me and totaled the car. The accident left me with a broken collarbone and some back problems, im fine now after therapy. The accident was so bad the engines crumple zones released the engine from the rear. I dont fully understand this concept but from what I do understand its a safety measure. In 6 months I put 15,000 miles on that car. After scaring my parents to death, they insisted on a safer vehicle for some time. Exactly 1 month after the accident we purchased an 04 G500 which is a great car but my sports car itch doesn't go away. So hopefully at the end of this year we will pick up an 05 SL55. ALL the previously mentioned cars were only driven by me, none leased, all paid for. My parents rarely drive mine or my brothers car, however, we always take my moms S500 or my dads S600. The 600 is such a BEAST! My lead foot manages to chirp the tires constantly. BTW, if anyone has any doubts or anything I have pictures of all the cars and I will take any more pictures anyone demands. I mostly take care of our family business now and my dad stays home and day trades stock. This helps my conscience with blowing all this money on cars. Sorry for giving my life's story just wanted to be thorough.
Old 05-05-2004, 03:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Hussain, You sound thoroughly spoiled

I'm sorry butt anyone who gives an E55 or an M5 to a kid is asking for problems if this STORY (hint, hint,) is true, it's a amazing your not dead or haven't killed anybody..
Old 05-05-2004, 05:46 PM

too many to list
How do I post pictures...it says maximum size is 1 byte??
Old 05-05-2004, 06:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Hussain this is too funny...If you were 15/16 in 1999

You were 12/13 in 1996 so, did you sit in your daddys lap and get to honk the horn in the 96'500sel and 96'300se, oh then in 1997 you were 13/14 so did he let you drive the Lexus in the drive way...Your to much why don't you get a list of every car your whole family has ever owned (mom, bro,sis,grandparents so on..) and put it on your sig...HaHaHaHaHa
Old 05-05-2004, 06:15 PM

too many to list
I never claimed to drive those cars! I live with my family and our cars are basically shared. All the cars listed are my family's. The only cars that I've been the sole driver of are the M5, Carrera and G wagen. Jeez, get a life.
Old 05-05-2004, 06:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
I have a life son, You still live with your parents...

And you just got OWNED....
Old 05-05-2004, 06:25 PM

too many to list
I got OWNED cuz I live with my parents?? How is it unusual for a 19 yr old to be living at home in the same city they go to college in?
Old 05-05-2004, 06:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
You got owned for telling tall tales

Originally posted by Hussain
I never claimed to drive those cars! I live with my family and our cars are basically shared. All the cars listed are my family's. The only cars that I've been the sole driver of are the M5, Carrera and G wagen. Jeez, get a life.
Hey what happened to the 1999 E55 that you (Recieved when you got your license) You should start telling the truth there is less to remember.....
Old 05-05-2004, 07:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 E400
Re: You got owned for telling tall tales

Originally posted by thericker55
Hey what happened to the 1999 E55 that you (Recieved when you got your license) You should start telling the truth there is less to remember.....
If you re-read his post he said he got in an accident with it and sold it.
Old 05-05-2004, 07:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Re: Re: You got owned for telling tall tales

Originally posted by Meph-E-AMG
If you re-read his post he said he got in an accident with it and sold it.
So just because you get in an accident in your 1st car it dissapears? SHADDUPP!
Just admit this kid is spinning some yarn...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How many people here actually own or lease their Sclass and how many just brag about