S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Beshoff Motors!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2004 | 03:26 PM

2000 S-Class
Beshoff Motors!!

Here's the story:I have been servicing my car here for over a year because it's close to where I live. So I take my S-Class in for a wash at Beshoff Motors last Wenesday. As I am sitting in the waiting room I get rudely interrupted by this man asking me if this is my car. I literally had to hang up my phone call thinking my car was done. He then starts to mouth off to me asking forceful question like are these my keys is that your car did you buy the car here where did you get this sticker..etc. As I'm standing there in shock by his unprofessionalism and bad customer service he says he's refuses to wash my car and also accuses me I stealing the carwash sticker which was actually given to me by the service representatvie as a token of his appreciation months earlier. In the end I was discriminated, refused service to, my car is left unwashed and my carwash sticker torn off my vehicle. I then find out he's the General Manager at Beshoff, so I contacted the owner Ray Beshoff and still haven't gotten any response! The only call back was from the GM (DumbA$$ Idiot)Steve McCarthy stating that if I didn't like the service then I should go somewhere else and also whining like a little baby "it's my stickers not yours"!! Is there any laws against mistreatment of your customers and discrimination. All the help would be great I gonna sue their A$$!! AHhhhh!!!
Old 07-20-2004 | 03:34 PM

don't know where the f**k Beshoff Motors is
i'm sure people in this country have sued over less than a car wash
Old 07-20-2004 | 03:42 PM

2000 S-Class
I'm mad at the fact on how he didn't handle the situation especially with a high positon as that. He should have at least introduced himself and given me an explanation to what was happening! Beshoff Motors is located in San Jose,CA is there any legal recourse I can do to be heard in this case. Please help, Thank you!!
Old 07-20-2004 | 04:51 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by dtxmob
All the help would be great I gonna sue their A$$!! AHhhhh!!!
aaahhh, I've been through this before. Being in the business, I know what's up. It's a simple case of, "I drive a Benz, I'm gonna Sue". Just as what the GM said, go else where if you don't like the service. Believe it or not, the world does not revolve around you. People out there are not employed to make you happy, everytime. Some places may offer a better service, then that's where you need to go. There is no need to sue anyone for mis-conduct, frankly you have no grounds. I'm very sorry to say, but it sounds like you're the one crying like a baby.

Again, Sorry to say.

Sammy
Old 07-20-2004 | 05:00 PM

only amg
car wash DENIED

wow loose a service customer because of a car wash, smooth move, why would someone do that, i wonder if this guy ever considered the fact that you may not have bought your car there but because your service advisor at that dealership does such a great job for you, your next one would have come from beshoff, i would call your service advisor first, then talk to the service manager, then call the g.m back and congratulate him on his inability to handle service customers professionally, and his ability to lose a good customer, and then thank him for personally taking care of you in the manner he did, so that when you buy your next car, you know not to go to his dealership or should i say his car wash
Old 07-20-2004 | 06:06 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by tntmcj
wow loose a service customer because of a car wash, smooth move, why would someone do that, i wonder if this guy ever considered the fact that you may not have bought your car there but because your service advisor at that dealership does such a great job for you, your next one would have come from beshoff, i would call your service advisor first, then talk to the service manager, then call the g.m back and congratulate him on his inability to handle service customers professionally, and his ability to lose a good customer, and then thank him for personally taking care of you in the manner he did, so that when you buy your next car, you know not to go to his dealership or should i say his car wash

Exactly the way I would have handled it. But ya gotta remember, there are always two sides of the story. We're just hearing the customer's account.
Old 07-20-2004 | 09:05 PM

c43
well wait to hear from the owner, try and talk to him to see what's up, in a legal aspect my best guess would be emotional distress but it would hard to find grounds for it, and I am not sure it would hold up, but him ripping the sticker off your car was a no no, I'm sure you can get grounds on that, the law in california states that a person who forcefully or by threat and or without consent, takes something from you that is considered stealing, and that is a felony here, either way he defaced your car by ripping the sticker off it, and if it was inside your car or he went looking for it and then found it and ripped it off you could get something on that, in all reality he should have informed you that the sticker was going to be removed or that you should have taken it off, either way I would not waste your time/money on this a$$hole, I'm sure you're much better than that and do what the other people in here have said, make him look like a dip****, that's the best thing anyone could do, and hell call the owner and let him know about this and how you're never going to buy a car from his dealership or whatever the hell it is, and if none of that works... I say punch him in the throat and drive off

Last edited by Ashkan's C43; 07-20-2004 at 09:08 PM.

Trending Topics

Old 07-21-2004 | 12:13 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by Ashkan's C280
... I say punch him in the throat and drive off
Sounds like a plan! I can see my self doing that, but have someone else do it for you. (you can get sued for assault).

In any case, I would bring my car to Claridge's in Fremont WAAAAAY better service. Or you can go to Smythe, their pretty much all the same VOLTURES. BUT do talk to my friend Danny Ho. He's the only person their worth talking to.
tell him sammy sent you.
Old 07-21-2004 | 12:23 PM

Hmm..I'm not sure if you want to go as far as suing IMO.
Maybe bring forth a claim to the Better Business Bureau (that's what we have here in Canada), leave it to them to investigate the unprofessionalism of that GM.
Old 07-21-2004 | 11:18 PM

2004 E320, 2004 Lexus GX470
Don't waste your time suing. If you're really upset (which you seem to be) let them know that you will refer anyone looking for a MB to another dealership at every opportunity. Also, write a letter to the owner not only at the dealership address but any other addresses you can find.
Old 07-22-2004 | 01:46 AM
Banned

'06 ML500 w/Apperance pkg & '07 SL550 w/AMG pkg
This story is amusing to me because Ray Beshoff and Steve McCarthy both came from the dealership who employees me (House of Imports) and we wash everyone's car. If you buy it from us or not, we will still give you a courtsey wash and without any sticker. I guess their thinking has changed and Steve, being Irish, can get a little hot under the collar quickly! However, nothing they say can excuse the behavior, especially over a lame carwash!!
Old 07-24-2004 | 05:02 PM

W203 C240
Dude stick with Smythe...my service rep is pretty cool helped me get some of the inner fender covers replaced under warranty...really goes the extra mile...plus beshoff is about 6 months old...dont have the customer base or the an on going relationship with their customers.....thats my 2cents
Old 07-27-2004 | 02:09 AM

Yeah, the BBB is the best way to go. Also contact the MB corporate regional manager. What did you do exactly to get the car wash?

I think MB dealers do have poor service. The only difference between a MB and a Toyota dealer are:

1. Nicer service facility
2. Generally more qualified mechanics
3. Stock up sales and service people
4. Free car wash w. service