S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

D-Nav?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 06-25-2007, 08:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 S430
I live in CT I have CD number 7.

I tried to map a trip to the city but could not get it to list New York as a city.
Do I need to have CD number 6?

Anyone willing to sell the latest CD for New York (city)?

Thanks

Mark

Originally Posted by Cairorex
I have for sale......
Still have Discs 4,6,7,9 for sale
Recieved discs today, I can mail out as soon as I get checks.

Larger View

Larger View MAP 1
Includes the states of California, Nevada, and Hawaii (Oahu)

MAP 2
Includes the states of Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, New Mexico,Oregon, Utah,Washington, Wyoming [Note:This portion of Wyoming only includes Interstates, Federal/State Highways and County Roads and Jackson & Teton Village], and two counties from Texas (El Paso and Hudspeth)

MAP 3
Includes the states of Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, and the following partial states: Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin

MAP 4
Includes the states of Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma, and the following partial states:Tennessee,Texas

MAP 5
Includes the following partial states: Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio,Wisconsin

MAP6
Includes the states of Kentucky,West Virginia, and the following partial states: Indiana, Maryland, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania,Tennessee

MAP 7
Includes the states of Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont, and the following partial states: New Jersey, New York

MAP 8
Includes the states of Delaware,Virginia, Washington D.C., and the following partial states: Maryland, New Jersey, North Carolina, Pennsylvania

MAP 9
Includes the states of Alabama, Florida, Georgia, and South Carolina, and the following partial state: North Carolina

MAP 10
Western Coverage
Currently includes only the detailed area of Vancouver, British Columbia. Map 10 will include the provinces of Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and Yukon Territory

Eastern Coverage
Currently includes only the detailed area of Toronto, Ontario and Montreal, Quebec.

Digital Map Inclusions

The digital map CDs consists of urban, suburban, rural, and interstate areas. Urban and suburban areas consist of major roads and side streets. Rural and interstate areas consist of major, named roads. Most highways, inter- and intrastate, are also included.

Not all routes are included on the CDs and current data may differ from that available at the time of the compilation of the CD map data. The digital map CDs may inform
you of details such as U-turns, one-ways, etc. Some street addresses may also be included. The digital map CD uses this information in determining the route to your destination.

The digital map CDs will also provide you with locations with unspecified addresses called points of interest (POI). POIs include items such as restaurants, hotels/motels, gas stations, airports, hospitals, police stations, major shopping centers along major roads, etc. POIs provide a convenient manner in which to select your destination.

Destinations of these POIs are restricted to major roads only. Note that updated digital maps, when available, will provide a more complete coverage as new POIs are constantly being added.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i have a 2000 s500 the actual production year is 9/98, when i bought the car it didnt come with thge navigation cd's so i was planning on buying the updated cd's and i dont know which nav cd's i have, i cant perform the test with the detr button, anyone know how to find it out by production year or serial number?
Old 11-22-2007, 10:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
2005 S500 4-Matic, 1978 450SL
ekogutpl,

It would be good to let us know what continent you're on; It would help with more accurate answers, since the nav discs are different (so are the electronics).

W220s (S-500/S-430) manufactured before November of 1999 had "C" navs. November '99 was the changeover month (at least for those cars made for U.S. export), but I don't know the exact date. My MY'00 manufactured Nov 25 1999 had "D" nav.

For more information on nav and vehicle models, serial numbers, etc. you can check http://www.mercupgrades.com/ - a wonderful site, but you'll have to do some digging. It has a very good search tool.

For information on where to get U.S. "C" nav discs, see http://www.benzworld.org/forums/audi...estions-3.html and be aware they are in short supply. As for European discs, I do not know of a source except to call Mercedes or a dealer. Check your dealer first, and if no luck, the Mercedes website in Europe.

Last edited by Skylaw; 11-23-2007 at 08:45 AM.
Old 11-25-2007, 03:08 PM

s500
you guys can also burn the nav cd to a blank cd and the navigation works great.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:42 AM

thanks skylaw for the response, i live in the US, connecticut, i guess ill try the c nav cd's
Old 06-10-2008, 01:54 PM

S500
alright need help with nav, i go to press on the NAV button and nothing, after some messing around, my CD is missing?!?have no idea where it went? it worked a couple of months ago? I think someone may have taken my disk out. So is there anyway I can determine whether I got c or d nav? maybe with build date? because I cant test the DETR button without the DISK.
Old 06-11-2008, 07:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The changeover month was November of 1999, but I do not know the precise date. My '00 was built on Nov 25, 1999, and it had "D" nav.

Cars built before Nov '99 will have "C" nav unless the COMAND unit was replaced (under warranty, for example) with a "D" nav unit.

The build date is located on a template on the driver's side door sill.
Old 12-16-2010, 02:23 AM

2007 S550
Great info, one quick question though,

do you have to have a nav disc installed to be able to access the DETR feature?

My dilemma is I am looking to buy a set of 02 discs off ebay, but they will only work with the D Nav and I don't have any discs. Not with the car till monday so I'll see when the time comes.
Old 12-16-2010, 06:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You do need a disc installed to use the process. It does not have to be a disc for your geographic region. Perhaps you could borrow one.

Unless you know you have a "C" nav, I would not buy an '02 disc set. "D" nav has MUCH newer releases; even "C" nav discs were updated until '04. See https://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w...t-version.html for info on the '09 "D" nav update, and there may be newer; and see http://www.benzworld.org/forums/audi...estions-3.html for information on the last update for "C" nav.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:15 PM

s320/s500
Anyone with a Navi-C map 8 that they want to sell?