S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Phone help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2004, 11:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Phone help

I have a 2002 s500,The phone i'm using is the orignal silver timeport.is there other phone that i can use without a major retrofit?
Old 12-06-2004, 11:58 AM
Super Moderator

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
2003 CL55 AMG
You can use the V60 if you buy a new cradle, cord kit and Multi Sense PSE (If needed). In late 2002, the multi sense PSE started being used in place of the Timeport/Startac PSE. You would have to pull the PSE out of the trunk compartment (Under the drivers side rear liner) to ascertain what model # PSE you have.

The other thing you can do is check out the mikbox ( www.mikbox.com ) for other options that probably will be more price savoy.
Old 12-06-2004, 05:12 PM

W220
Exclamation

Originally Posted by gellie
I have a 2002 s500,The phone i'm using is the orignal silver timeport.is there other phone that i can use without a major retrofit?
Bought MikBox from mikbox.com and will do Motorola V710 integration (probably next weekend).
Will post results, but V710 was tested and supposed to work fine
Old 12-06-2004, 10:29 PM

too many to list
yea gellie there are other timeports that iam confident you can use with your current fittings call up MB they will help you out
Old 12-07-2004, 10:35 AM

W220
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Lexino
yea gellie there are other timeports that iam confident you can use with your current fittings call up MB they will help you out
Lexino, I'm just curious... Do you work for MB dealership?
F.Y.I. Since the introduction of W220 there were only 3 phone models compatible with COMAND system (StarTac, TimePort and V60 in CDMA and TDMA modes).
The Timeport phone which originally installed on late MY00 up to MY02 S500 - is over 6 year old model... i.e. - in cell phone world - it a DINOSAUR!
Even my good old v60 looks handicapped for the last couple of years . Yet, MB stealers selling these junk phones @ quadruple prices of new advanced units (like V600, V710, for example).

So, Lexino, do you really think it is appropriate to spend at MB stealership almost $1k for POS phone which worth nothing today and the phone that's actually has NO functionality (comparing to current market)?

Thanks to Mik (www.mikbox.com) and other similar enthusiasts who actually help MB owners NOT to carry old crap outdated phones with their beautiful cars.
Old 12-07-2004, 04:08 PM

too many to list
your totally right DMI i agree with you a 100% i mean thats why i dont have the MB phone installed in my car coz just like you said they are way overpriced. i was only trying to help Gellie because he has that prehistoric timeport so i was suggesting that you could change it to a v60 which are nice small flip phones. the MB stealership is a good touch i personally also think that they charge alot for everything, what i was tyring to say was to Gellie that he calls up MB and find out if he changes his phone would he have to change the cradle and other fittings..thats all
Old 12-07-2004, 04:09 PM

too many to list
and NO i dont work MB haha....i dunnu but maybe my sales rep there is a great guy he has helped me out before and helps me with all my questions.
Old 12-07-2004, 06:42 PM

W220
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Lexino
and NO i dont work MB haha....i dunnu but maybe my sales rep there is a great guy he has helped me out before and helps me with all my questions.
No offense, Lexino!

In my case I have bad experience with MB service. In two closest MB stealerships both service managers are simply dumb (softly speaking).

RE: Timeport
All US S-Class cars (MY00-MY02 and maybe later) equipped with phone/voice control system. I have the same configuration with Timeport and, as I specified earlier, will try to upgrade to new V710 setup using Mik's development.

Old 12-08-2004, 12:09 AM

too many to list
none taken DMI...not everyone is the same luckily the people i dealt with at MB benz were very helpful