S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

For everyone that is to dumb to look at photos

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2005, 12:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 CLK320
For everyone that is to dumb to look at photos

This is for everyone that is b!tching and can't stop to look at pictures.

1. The I drive is not used like the BMW. There are 2 buttons near the controller. One says (cd/fm) and one that says (nav/tv) So obviously you don't have to use it to get to the screen. Now past that I don't know.

2. Everything the Comman does can be done from the steering wheel, so all of you stop your whining. You are the same ones that whine because the E class doesn't do enough with it's steering wheel. Happy now?

3. The A/C can be used by 2 ways.

A. Command unit
B. It has its own buttons made out of metal (note not cheap plastics so stop whining) under the command so you don't have to use Command.

Now everybody please stop your whining and look at pictures.

You people say AUDI IS T3E AWESOEMMMEME!!! yet it uses a knob also.

Please... Plus Audi A8 interior has always looked like crap.
Old 06-22-2005, 01:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2 SL with every Brabus mods available & Class A competition sound system
Why are you so mad..........??
Old 06-22-2005, 01:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 CLK 320
I like the interior every aspect of it.
Old 06-22-2005, 01:49 AM

Originally Posted by SL BRABUS
Why are you so mad..........??
I was wondering that, too. I think he's taking it personally. It's like we just made a "your mom" joke...

Besides, we all know that the interior looks like crap with its silver painted plastic buttons. :p
Old 06-22-2005, 02:11 AM

So far, no one is right. I am of course, reserving judgement for when the car is actually unvieled at Frankfurt. Everyone who says something, absolutely, without reservation, is wrong. Of course, it's a forum, people say whatever they want...
Old 06-22-2005, 02:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheels
The interior is growing on me very much. Might have to get a newer one now lol.

I am gonna back up gbarhi on this one though. Look at the ****ing pictures posted already.

Old 06-22-2005, 04:11 AM

a Few Nice cars.
I like the New MB...not every1 is gonna like it,i wish the use of more or thicker looking chrome was on the exterior of the car,and as far as the buttons being silver,yeah its a tad jap style but silver buttons are IN as far as style goes,old black buttons are not the thing these days and cars will begin the use of more and more of silver and chrome in the interior! i like the new look and welcome it with open arms.....but i STILL think the w140 is the best looking benz ever!

Trending Topics

Old 06-22-2005, 08:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
We are looking at it and it looks exactly like a BMW 7 series, they even copied the ugly add on looking NAV/Command display next to the instrument pod! And the long center console arm rest! And the center dash compartments! A sad day for MB, we really miss Bruno Sacco!
Old 06-22-2005, 08:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 378 Likes on 244 Posts
'22 Alpina B7,'21 G63 Renntech obviously (wife), Wrangler(kids)
Originally Posted by norb
We are looking at it and it looks exactly like a BMW 7 series, they even copied the ugly add on looking NAV/Command display next to the instrument pod! And the long center console arm rest! And the center dash compartments! A sad day for MB, we really miss Bruno Sacco!
Agree....
The thread starter dislikes the A8 interior which is OK if he also thinks Sarah Bernhardt and K.D.Lang are sexy too.
Old 06-22-2005, 09:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 BMW 550i
I do think we all need to reserve total judgement until we actually get our hands on it. But in the same vein, the thread starter should also reserve judgement. I don't know what material the buttons are, but probably are the same material as the silver accents in my Appearance Package equipped E. Not exactly plastic, but not metal either.

And just because the iDrive like interface has two extra buttons doesn't suddenly make it amazingly better. We will all have to wait and see. MB has not had the best track record with making their COMAND units easy to use. The previous generation COMAND used in the current S had a very difficult way to enter letters. The COMAND in my E is not exceptionally easy to use (nor is it more difficult than brand X, per se). But, it has been buggy. Unless MB does a 180 on us, I expect to see a lot of first year gremlins.
Old 06-22-2005, 11:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63 AMG
Entering address using that iDrive wheel will be a pain in the rear. Why don't the German's just concede that a touchscreen is a better way to use the NAV system. Another thing that sucks on iDrive is that the control is far from the visual display, like look at the buttons for the a/c, the indicators for the a/c in way on top in the Command screen.
Old 06-22-2005, 01:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheels
People, how the **** do we know that this hard drive based version of COMAND will suck, when none of us have had the opportunity to play with it or let alone see it in person. I am sure this S will have fixed the problems of the A8 and 7 and taken them to another level.
Old 06-22-2005, 04:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK320
What I am mad about is when people say

"LIKE OMMGGGG!!! WE HAVE TO USE COMMAND FOR THE A/C!!!""

If they opened their eyes, they would see seperate buttons for it. I have read that in EVERY S class thread. So I made one so all those blind people can stop crying.
Old 06-22-2005, 04:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2 SL with every Brabus mods available & Class A competition sound system
Oh......ok I got you........
Old 06-22-2005, 05:06 PM

I can see why you'd be angry about that... and you still have to use COMAND to adjust the AC. I see no seperate display for climate control, even if there are some cheap silver painted plastic buttons for temperature settings.

I must just be too dumb. Notice both "o's" -- and it should be "who" not "that"
Old 06-22-2005, 05:26 PM

The temp and fan settings probably pop up on the display as soon as you start adjusting.

Similar to the way AM/FM stations are displayed on the current command when in Nav mode.
Old 06-22-2005, 06:10 PM
Almost a Member!

Better functionality

OK, so MB improved on the functionality of an "i drive" like system with dedicated buttons. Sure, it will probably be a lot nicer to use than the BMW.....

Now let's talk esthetics of the dash board....I am sorry but the way they have fit the screen is ugly......the right side of the dash just comes at you..and ends abruptly.. reminds me of the Oldsmobile or Cadillac dash board designs of the early 80s....

The way the dash flows between the analog part (speedometer, RPM) and the screen does not work IMO. Should they have kept the analog gauges with a dedicated alcove and then something else to house the screen ??? Or just a better flowing line ....BMW's disign direction was to create two Alcoves....while I don't like a whole dedicated Alcove for the screen....it somehow flows better than what I see here......

Last edited by AMG-1; 06-22-2005 at 06:21 PM.
Old 06-22-2005, 06:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK320
Originally Posted by naadp
I can see why you'd be angry about that... and you still have to use COMAND to adjust the AC. I see no seperate display for climate control, even if there are some cheap silver painted plastic buttons for temperature settings.

I must just be too dumb. Notice both "o's" -- and it should be "who" not "that"

Maybe you had a labotomy. LOOK at the pics. There is a button for each driver for temp AND fan speed. And it will be displayed on the bottom of the Command Screen.

And yes, you must be too dumb. In fact, I'm gonna add 3 o's, tooo dumb.
Old 06-22-2005, 06:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by gbahri
Maybe you had a labotomy. LOOK at the pics. There is a button for each driver for temp AND fan speed. And it will be displayed on the bottom of the Command Screen.

Wow, you are really excited. You need to calm down!
Old 06-22-2005, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by gbahri

So you admit then that you have to use the COMAND system to adjust the climate control, which is exactally what I just said? Glad we settled that.
Old 06-22-2005, 06:31 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by J Lucas
Wow, you are really excited. You need to calm down!
I agree,

GBAHRI, Calm down......
this is a forum where ideas are exchanged...if everybody agreed....what is the point......let's not judge or insult others.......I have avoided other forums because the people on it were too young and making immature coments...I have enjoyed this forum because I am actually able to talk to people that can and are considering to buy these cars (including me)...and would like to share their views....Your profile show you are only 20 years old....and it shows so far....You are able to post interesting pictures and pick ups a lot of details...that is good..stick to that without judging.....
Old 06-22-2005, 06:45 PM

04 sl55amg, 04 H2, 02 corvette Z06, 01 bmw 530i(Sold), E60 M5 (507hp)
Yeah! Chill! Just a forum. Anyone remember the "Yugo"? People thought they would never see one, but there are some crazy people out there that still bought them . It may look like crap to others and some might think it might be worth driving
Old 06-22-2005, 07:14 PM

Remember when one blew off the Mackinac bridge in Michigan? I think their sales fell about as fast as that poor car...
Old 06-22-2005, 09:46 PM

I'm thinking, if I automatically hate everything it'll make my life so much easier. =) I believe it's a trial by fire or any new car, and certainly any new Merc- "piece of garbage until proven great". Really people, the CLS, the W220, the W140... don't take it personally, but this is something every new Mercedes goes through. I'll give it a little bit of time before judging.
Old 06-22-2005, 11:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63 AMG
That's what I was trying to say. Yes there are dedicated buttons for the A/C but the visual feedback is far from the buttons. So when you want to change something say going 60mph, you need to look at the button then look at the Command screen, instead of the old way where the display is next to the button. How is this better? What happened to Merecedes' vision of form follows function?

Just like the keypad is totally stupid. Buttons are way to small and way out of view, why not on the dash? Dumb. Look at the button for the trunk opener, right next to the window buttons! How totally stupid. The Hazard switch in now hidden on the arm rest! Is that the best place for it?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: For everyone that is to dumb to look at photos