S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Lexus LS430 or New S350

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2005, 09:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E350 Sport Package
Lightbulb Lexus LS430 or New S350

The price of S350 is 50% higher than the LS430 Deluxe.
Plesae give me some comment. Thanks to all experts.
Old 10-02-2005, 01:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheels
WTF lol. This has been heavily discussed here before.

1. S class is far more techincally advanced than any LS to date.
2. Latest technology like Night Vision, better interior materials, better driving dynamics, not bland looking.
Old 10-02-2005, 02:57 PM

Mercedes all the way!
nooooooo! *covers eyes and ears and runs away from this thread*
Old 10-02-2005, 02:59 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
No brainer, the W221.
I don't get threads which ask to compare one generation of a car, to another.
Old 10-02-2005, 07:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C55AMG W203; 330i E90
Get the LS460.
Old 10-03-2005, 12:05 AM

E350 Sport Package
Originally Posted by cntlaw
Get the LS460.
Is the LS460 already launched in the market?
Old 10-03-2005, 12:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheels
The LS460 is just a rumor mill at this point. Supposedly it will be powered by a hybrid V8 but nothing for sure yet. I still would take an S class over the LS anyday.
Old 10-03-2005, 06:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'03 Yukon XL Denali, '06 Eclipse GS
S klasse.
Old 10-03-2005, 10:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
well if you asking this question, i say go get yourself LS.
Old 10-03-2005, 12:01 PM

C220 CDI
Ah comon seriousley go for the s class how can you compare a crappy lexus (toyota) to a merc, no brainer!!!
Old 10-03-2005, 04:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
BMW E39
I'd get the S350 and cram in a V12 Biturbo.
Old 10-03-2005, 05:41 PM

Airbus
S Class. Don't be a Lexus Lemming.
Old 10-14-2005, 10:12 PM

Would you guys stop bashing Lexus. Wait for the new LS and drive both and buy the one you like more. The new LS should be displayed in a few days at the Tokyo auto show. And the reason i ask you guys to stop bashing is because i own a E class and a LS430.
Old 10-14-2005, 10:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 378 Likes on 244 Posts
'22 Alpina B7,'21 G63 Renntech obviously (wife), Wrangler(kids)
Lexus?
I'd rather circumcise myself first.......
Old 10-14-2005, 10:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheels
Originally Posted by Nyyankees3511
Would you guys stop bashing Lexus. Wait for the new LS and drive both and buy the one you like more. The new LS should be displayed in a few days at the Tokyo auto show. And the reason i ask you guys to stop bashing is because i own a E class and a LS430.
Thats great. The new LS looks like an Acura RL from the front, a GS 430 from the rear, and a ES330 or god knows what from the side. The car has no individuality for being a flagship model for Lexus. They need some new designers on the LS460. Besides all Lexus handle like crap. Just my opinion. Take it or leave it.
Old 10-14-2005, 11:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW E39
Originally Posted by MB Fanatic
Thats great. The new LS looks like an Acura RL from the front, a GS 430 from the rear, and a ES330 or god knows what from the side. The car has no individuality for being a flagship model for Lexus. They need some new designers on the LS460. Besides all Lexus handle like crap. Just my opinion. Take it or leave it.
Then again, do any non-AMG benz handle like a dream?
Old 10-14-2005, 11:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheels
They handle far better than any Lexus I have driven to date. My E350 handles better than the new GS I test drove, the ES, or even the LS430. The steering becomes light and airy feeling at high speeds where as the Benz stays nice and tight at all speeds not to mention has far less body roll than the Lexus.
Old 10-14-2005, 11:18 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 E63
Quit bashing Lexus. You've never even seen it in person yet so how can you tell if it's nice or not. When the W221 was in the press everyone complained about it being too 7-series'ish, then after seeing it in person they actually liked it. What about the W221 being an oversized Acura RL?
Old 10-14-2005, 11:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW E39
Originally Posted by MB Fanatic
They handle far better than any Lexus I have driven to date. My E350 handles better than the new GS I test drove, the ES, or even the LS430. The steering becomes light and airy feeling at high speeds where as the Benz stays nice and tight at all speeds not to mention has far less body roll than the Lexus.
That's because they're Toyotas. All the Toyota Camrys and stuff I've driven feel really damn light. Some people like that, but I sure don't.
Old 10-14-2005, 11:26 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 E63
Well the Camry is a light car.
Old 10-14-2005, 11:28 PM

AMG
Originally Posted by baubaulu
The price of S350 is 50% higher than the LS430 Deluxe.
Plesae give me some comment. Thanks to all experts.

are you sure you dont know the answer?

in case you dont , and I think you dont , S350... just dont ask why...
Old 10-15-2005, 01:09 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55
Speaking from experience, I feel that the following is an objective comparison of the LS and MB's.

I owned a 2004 LS430 for a year and I traded it in on a 2005 E55. The Lexus was boring, the Beast is not. Well, duh! That was a given.

The Lexus was a good quality car, quiet, and comfortable. But, there were so many things that irritated me, it quickly lost its appeal and I began to hate the car.

I did not like having to touch "I Agree" on the nav screen every time I started the car. MB lawyers evidently think the owner is mature enough to read the caution statement and behave accordingly.

The default screen on the nav system was the map. I don't know about you, but I rarely use the map. The audio display is the one that I use. On the Lexus, if the audio screen is selected and then the park assist is activated, or the back up camera comes on, the screen returns to the map. You then have to change it back to the audio screen.

Lexus offers XM satellite radio. I think Sirius is much better and I would not go back to XM. Also, the satellite radio antenna on the Lexus is a large black plastic box that is stuck on the trunk lid by an employee at the dealership with the connecting wire wrapped around the trunk support arm. It looks like it belongs on a KIA. The new MB antenna is color matched and looks permanently installed and is far superior.

The park assist display is in the speedometer and the nav display. It is not in a line-of-sight position like the MB and is practically worthless. The back up camera was about useless in the daytime because the sun washed out the screen.

There were several features/functions that would not work while the car was in motion - the seat memory buttons, most telephone functions (you cannot dial a number or access the main phonebook), most of the nav functions (forget about locating a Bar BQ restaurant in the next town unless you pull over and park), the FM RDS info, and several driver selectable settings, such as the sensitivity of the smog sensor to automatically change the AC to recirculation.

The headlights were of no comparison to MB headlights. The low beams were zenons, but the high beams were halogen. What a difference with the MB bi-zenons. The Lexus low beams were white in color and the high beams were yellow. The high beams were nowhere near as bright as MB's. Also, the adaptive function did just about nothing. They did move left and right, and it was easy to see them move. The light pattern was not up to MB's standards. There were light and dark spots/lines that I could see on the road moving left and right as I turned the wheel. They did not light up anything that I could not see otherwise, but they did move so Lexus could advertise them as adaptive.

The adaptive cruise would not change speed settings in one mile increments like MB. Only 5 MPH changes were possible. Lexus gives you a choice among 3 preset distances for the distance to the car ahead. In MB, the distance is set with a thumb wheel and is infinite. The visual indicator in the MB is a bar graph that shows the distance with a measurable grid line with reference in feet. Lexus has no such capability. also, the distronic display in the MB will indicate the distance to the vehicle ahead even when the cruise control is turned off.

The buttons on the steering wheel were placed in a position that was in the way when I turned corners. I would hit the radio button and the channel would change about 10 times a day.

The rear window sun shade would lower itself when the transmission was place in reverse, as if I could not see out through it. I suppose some lawyer made that decision, rather than some engineer. Forget about side door shades, Lexus does not offer them.

I did not like the loud beep and light flashing when I opened the doors when they were locked. I also did not like turning an ignition switch to start the engine (even though it had keyless ignition). The MB button on the shift knob is soooo much better,

The outside mirrors tilted down in reverse. This was OK, but the position was not programmable, like the MB.

The turn signals did not flash 3 times like the MB when the lever is moved and released. (I am getting a bit picky here, but it was a difference that I missed every time I changed lanes.)

The voice control function was just about unusable. It would take 5 to 10 tries to get it right. However, this did not bother me too much, as it didn’t do anything very important. It was a lot easier to change the climate control a degree or 2, than to try to get the voice control to do it. It did not control the telephone’s phone book. That was a problem. The MB voice command works correctly every time and I don’t have to do anything, but move one lever, one time, to make a phone call.

There was not an available power trunk option like the on on my E55. It is very nice to be able to close it as well as open it with the touch of a button.

The performance of an S430 that I drove was superior to the LS430. I am sure the S500, and especially the new V8 will run circles around the Lexus.

That is all that I can think of off the top of my head. If you are considering a Lexus, think it through and try to spend some time in one before you decide. They are marketed well and seem nice at first, but the Japanese engineering quirks get old, and get old quick.
The following users liked this post:
royabc (10-01-2022)
Old 10-15-2005, 03:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheels
Originally Posted by asianml
Quit bashing Lexus. You've never even seen it in person yet so how can you tell if it's nice or not. When the W221 was in the press everyone complained about it being too 7-series'ish, then after seeing it in person they actually liked it. What about the W221 being an oversized Acura RL?
WTF? You cant even say that the RL and new S class have anything in common. Please do some research before comparing two very different vehicles let alone making such a bold statement on a public forum.
Old 10-15-2005, 05:09 AM

AMG
Originally Posted by can drive 55
Speaking from experience, I feel that the following is an objective comparison of the LS and MB's.

I owned a 2004 LS430 for a year and I traded it in on a 2005 E55. The Lexus was boring, the Beast is not. Well, duh! That was a given.

The Lexus was a good quality car, quiet, and comfortable. But, there were so many things that irritated me, it quickly lost its appeal and I began to hate the car.

I did not like having to touch "I Agree" on the nav screen every time I started the car. MB lawyers evidently think the owner is mature enough to read the caution statement and behave accordingly.

The default screen on the nav system was the map. I don't know about you, but I rarely use the map. The audio display is the one that I use. On the Lexus, if the audio screen is selected and then the park assist is activated, or the back up camera comes on, the screen returns to the map. You then have to change it back to the audio screen.

Lexus offers XM satellite radio. I think Sirius is much better and I would not go back to XM. Also, the satellite radio antenna on the Lexus is a large black plastic box that is stuck on the trunk lid by an employee at the dealership with the connecting wire wrapped around the trunk support arm. It looks like it belongs on a KIA. The new MB antenna is color matched and looks permanently installed and is far superior.

The park assist display is in the speedometer and the nav display. It is not in a line-of-sight position like the MB and is practically worthless. The back up camera was about useless in the daytime because the sun washed out the screen.

There were several features/functions that would not work while the car was in motion - the seat memory buttons, most telephone functions (you cannot dial a number or access the main phonebook), most of the nav functions (forget about locating a Bar BQ restaurant in the next town unless you pull over and park), the FM RDS info, and several driver selectable settings, such as the sensitivity of the smog sensor to automatically change the AC to recirculation.

The headlights were of no comparison to MB headlights. The low beams were zenons, but the high beams were halogen. What a difference with the MB bi-zenons. The Lexus low beams were white in color and the high beams were yellow. The high beams were nowhere near as bright as MB's. Also, the adaptive function did just about nothing. They did move left and right, and it was easy to see them move. The light pattern was not up to MB's standards. There were light and dark spots/lines that I could see on the road moving left and right as I turned the wheel. They did not light up anything that I could not see otherwise, but they did move so Lexus could advertise them as adaptive.

The adaptive cruise would not change speed settings in one mile increments like MB. Only 5 MPH changes were possible. Lexus gives you a choice among 3 preset distances for the distance to the car ahead. In MB, the distance is set with a thumb wheel and is infinite. The visual indicator in the MB is a bar graph that shows the distance with a measurable grid line with reference in feet. Lexus has no such capability. also, the distronic display in the MB will indicate the distance to the vehicle ahead even when the cruise control is turned off.

The buttons on the steering wheel were placed in a position that was in the way when I turned corners. I would hit the radio button and the channel would change about 10 times a day.

The rear window sun shade would lower itself when the transmission was place in reverse, as if I could not see out through it. I suppose some lawyer made that decision, rather than some engineer. Forget about side door shades, Lexus does not offer them.

I did not like the loud beep and light flashing when I opened the doors when they were locked. I also did not like turning an ignition switch to start the engine (even though it had keyless ignition). The MB button on the shift knob is soooo much better,

The outside mirrors tilted down in reverse. This was OK, but the position was not programmable, like the MB.

The turn signals did not flash 3 times like the MB when the lever is moved and released. (I am getting a bit picky here, but it was a difference that I missed every time I changed lanes.)

The voice control function was just about unusable. It would take 5 to 10 tries to get it right. However, this did not bother me too much, as it didn’t do anything very important. It was a lot easier to change the climate control a degree or 2, than to try to get the voice control to do it. It did not control the telephone’s phone book. That was a problem. The MB voice command works correctly every time and I don’t have to do anything, but move one lever, one time, to make a phone call.

There was not an available power trunk option like the on on my E55. It is very nice to be able to close it as well as open it with the touch of a button.

The performance of an S430 that I drove was superior to the LS430. I am sure the S500, and especially the new V8 will run circles around the Lexus.

That is all that I can think of off the top of my head. If you are considering a Lexus, think it through and try to spend some time in one before you decide. They are marketed well and seem nice at first, but the Japanese engineering quirks get old, and get old quick.
I call Lexus , the no soul car... very long review, it isn't worth saying about the Lexus aka TOYOTA , thanx anyways ... so the answer is still S350
Old 10-15-2005, 10:08 AM

E350 Sport Package
Where can i find the information about the new LS430?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Lexus LS430 or New S350