S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

LS460 spy pictures ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 06:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes all the way!
XeroK00L: nice music, but doesn't disguise the fact that the car is not outstanding. not woth bowing down to, dude =)
Old 10-19-2005, 09:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 E500
Blue leads in the headlights? I didn't know Lexus has a rice option available.

If people drive this in California they will be pulled over and ticketed for being a ricer.
Old 10-20-2005, 11:16 PM

2007 S550 Sport
Wow, the ignorance and arrogance of the MB owners on this board never fails. Why does every MB owner here get so defensive when Lexus is mentioned? I personally think this new LS design looks MUCH better than the new S design. And never mind the interior. You can only do so mcuh by throwing in bigger engines. BMW has performance and the "driver's car" down, Lexus has the reliability and luxury down. Where does that leave MB? You guys make me laugh.
Old 10-20-2005, 11:18 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
The rims on that concept Lexus are almost a replica copy in chrome of the ones on my X5!
Old 10-21-2005, 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by T0ked
Wow, the ignorance and arrogance of the MB owners on this board never fails. Why does every MB owner here get so defensive when Lexus is mentioned? I personally think this new LS design looks MUCH better than the new S design. And never mind the interior. You can only do so mcuh by throwing in bigger engines. BMW has performance and the "driver's car" down, Lexus has the reliability and luxury down. Where does that leave MB? You guys make me laugh.
you've hit the mark perfectly
these guys have been making me laugh forever, and when they aren't making me laugh they're at the benz dealer getting theirs cars fixed (joking)
no seriously, how can you guys say this new LS isn't nice? Is it driven by jealously? Reliability? Design? Technology? Ride? Comfort?
I can say right now without ever having driven the new LS that 1. it will be smoother. 2 quieter. 3. more reliable. 3. it will have more 'features' that we ACTUALLY USE. 4. Navigation will outclass the benz by a millions miles. 5. there's a hybrid option...I could go on and on.

Now let me say this. I think Mercedes Benz is a great company...I myself have an 99 ML320. Yes, they have more aggresive styling, many many more technological features, but what else? Just because YOU guys own a BENZ doesn't mean other cars are bad...it's only on your mind because you're justifying your expensive purchase, and believe it or not LEXUS is a really really, REALLY good company, so it makes sense MOST (not all) benz owners don't like the Lexus, their rival (in everything, minus racing, power, or to do with engines). My sister just picked up an RX330 and it's AMAZING. THe build quality, ride, everything is A+, whereas even SOME of the new MB's have bad materials, nasty plastics which just don't belong on a 40k+. My dads looking at getting a new car, and the new S is BOUND to have MAJOR problems as mostly every new production run brings, so the S is out. Why isn't the new Lexus LS600h out? Because it's a Lexus, they throughly check, recheck, check, and thne recheck again to see if it's perfect before rolling it out. Yeah it'll have some problems but nowhere near as many as the new S. And yeah it won't be as much fun to drive (basing this on opinions here that say lexus is boring to drive...i don't believe this myself), but who cares. You can't go above 70mph, you're not gonna take the car to a track...so the lexus will match what the benz does in everyday driving, for much LESS dollars, and better everday comfort...
there you have it ladies and gentlemen...my opinion

Oh yeah a few more things...
As you guys are comparing the LS460 to others...lets see
The S interior...did MB hire bangle for the interior design (it's a carbon copy, and it's buttugly)
The new M - it looks even more like the Kia Sorenta than the old ML did.
R-Class... Pacifica...what's special about this car...it's pretty ugly (yes it's a new design concept but that doesn't always mean good looking), it's got 6 seats...WOW. There's nothing NEW about the car that others MB's don't have, so why spend nearly 70grand on it?
The LEDS are blue so they're rice now. LMFAO. WOW...just WOW. You my friend must be really ignorant. So blue xenons are rice. everything blue on the outside of the car is rice? the new evolutions xenons appear blue during the day...def rice right?
There are more flaws with Mercedes Benz than Lexus so stop the hating, and don't be jealous...

Last edited by islooevolution; 10-21-2005 at 01:45 AM.
Old 10-21-2005, 02:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheels
Buy what you want is what it comes down to.

Also the Pacifica and the R class have nothing in common so get your facts straight. They dont share any parts or components at all.

I have the money to buy any god damn car I want including a Carrera GT yet its impractical for me. So please take your troll *** somewhere else. Every ****ing car will have problems in its first year, that is a fact.

If you are amazed at what Lexus has then go look at their prouduct line. For me they dont inspire or light a fire in my heart. The RX330 is a camry on crack. It rides on the Toyota Camry chasis and it handles like crap, not to mention has nearly no offroad capabilities.

I have driven many Lexus vehicles from day one and to me its just nothing more than a nice Toyota. Bland in styling and utilitarian in interiors.

To each his own. Cheers
Old 10-21-2005, 03:01 AM

03 E500
Originally Posted by T0ked
Where does that leave MB? You guys make me laugh.
....besides the fact that this is a Mercedes forum, that "thing" they call show car is pretty much a knock off of BMW from the side. From the window pillars to the lights and wheels.

What does MB have? Everytime you get in your car steps on the brakes with ABS, put your hands on your steering wheel and see that air bag you should be thankfull somebody is there to spend billions to develop all that safety technology.

Design? When you put the effort to come up with an original art and somebody just rips it off to pass it as their own won't you get annoyed about it?
Can you tell which one is the knockoff and which one is the authentic car? Might want to hold off the laugh...
Attached Thumbnails LS460 spy pictures ?-1.jpg  
Old 10-21-2005, 05:44 AM

Mercedes all the way!
isloorevolution: your post invites The Flamethrower.

no seriously, i'm slightly groggy at the moment. damn fire alarm went off disrupting my beauty sleep.

but basically, you haven't driven the new LS yet. so lets not talk about so many things. how do you know its gona be smoother, quieter, etc etc? the new S has been said to be unbelievably quiet until you press on, whereby it sounds very sporty - name me one lexus that can have that dual personality.

handling on lexus is a joke. interior? yes, some in my family drive the RX330. looks nice. but does NOT impress. take a look at the ashtray for a start - flimsy plastic. centre console? huge expanse of plastic (take a little knock on it and hear the tinny sound). and yes, the S does come with hybrid (two in fact - Bluetec and DirectHybrid), AND diesel as well.

the S is bound to have major problems? ho ho ho.

i won't go into the styling arguments again. been rehashed too many times. suffice to say the Sorento is a mix of the RX and previous ML. and the S looks like the 7 only because of the COMAND/iDrive screen - look anywhere else and it's pure Merc.

ok, this is quite a pointless post. but i'm bored, irritated, and need someone to chew. lol.
Old 10-21-2005, 06:59 AM

Lexus sucks ;)

I hate Lexus as a manufacturer... :|
This new LS460 - looks nice ... but don't forget that Lexus is ALWAYS the last who introduce new models.
Old 10-21-2005, 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by MB Fanatic
I have driven many Lexus vehicles from day one and to me its just nothing more than a nice Toyota. Bland in styling and utilitarian in interiors.

To each his own. Cheers
I agree!
Old 10-21-2005, 03:23 PM
Almost a Member!

08 Lexus IS350
It is another Mercedes-Benz vs. Lexus thread? Lexus is still not up to the Benz level as far as the brand image and status and prestige. But Lexus vehicles in the recent years are far more reliable than Benz vehicles. Instead of constantly flaming Lexus vehicles, shouldn't Benz try to improve? I meant is it true that you pay more for the car, then the car SHOULD has less troubles? Also, a lot of Benz vehicles' advanced electronic/computerized technologies couldn't be seen by the drivers, and 99% of the driving you couldn't detect the existence of them, and yet they go wrong very frequently, then why do you have to have them in the cars? Is it because without them Benz are ordinary? The only advancement Benz still maintain over Lexus are electronics now, since mechanically speaking Lexus has caught up. Lexus has no trouble building a super good and efficient V10 or V12 engine, a 8 speed automatic transmission and they have the money to do a lot more automotive researchs than Benz ever could. Toyota/Lexus is far ahead in the hybrid technology. If Benz still thinks they are at the top by themselves and not do so much to correct its reliability issues, then eventually Mercedes-Benz would get dethroned.
Old 10-22-2005, 10:53 AM

Lexus fans in here including me, dont get mad at the people who are bashing lexus constantly, after all this is a mercedes forums filled with mercedes fans which i myself am one too so you have to expect these answers. Just like if this was a lexus forum we would see totally opposite opinions. Lets just move on.
Old 10-22-2005, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Nyyankees3511
Lexus fans in here including me, dont get mad at the people who are bashing lexus constantly, after all this is a mercedes forums filled with mercedes fans which i myself am one too so you have to expect these answers. Just like if this was a lexus forum we would see totally opposite opinions. Lets just move on.
Actually they're a little more grown up in the Lexus/TOYOTA forums, Lexus owners just cant believe people pay a premium price for defective cars.

I guess the excitement/bigger D!ck then you factor outweigh reason with some folks.
Old 10-22-2005, 03:52 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2007 E63
I like the new LS.
Old 10-22-2005, 07:05 PM

Mercedes all the way!
http://edition.cnn.com/2005/BUSINESS....ap/index.html

so much for toyota can do no wrong.

and that's a recall. not as if lexus/toyota cars never have problems which don't warrant a recall. in fact, lexus forumners should know very well there are problems.

if you can't appreciate why someone would pay more for a luxury watch when a timex will do, you'll never understand. if you don't understand why people pay more for original art instead of generic prints, you won't. if you think only idiots would buy Nokia's 8000 series when the 3000 series has the same features, you won't understand. and so if you don't understand why people pay more for a Mercedes, you just don't. and that's fine by me.

don't criticize and pan other makes as defective - as if it is general - when you don't even own one. and if you don't know the facts (for a start, toyota hybrids are less efficient than any modern diesel - still think they're ahead?) don't brag.

that's the end of my postings in this thread. to each his own. peace.

Last edited by ruykava; 10-22-2005 at 07:08 PM.
Old 10-22-2005, 07:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
BMW E39
Originally Posted by ricky.agrawal
The rims on that concept Lexus are almost a replica copy in chrome of the ones on my X5!
That's dirty. I should see mud, not brakedust. :p
Old 10-23-2005, 04:57 PM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63

Are these the new DRL's I've been hearing about?
Old 10-23-2005, 05:31 PM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by newton22
The pictures with mud got deleted.
Trust me, you'd think I drove a Jeep Wrangler.
Old 10-23-2005, 08:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 77 Likes on 61 Posts
2002 CLK430
Originally Posted by islooevolution
you've hit the mark perfectly
these guys have been making me laugh forever, and when they aren't making me laugh they're at the benz dealer getting theirs cars fixed (joking)
no seriously, how can you guys say this new LS isn't nice? Is it driven by jealously? Reliability? Design? Technology? Ride? Comfort?
I can say right now without ever having driven the new LS that 1. it will be smoother. 2 quieter. 3. more reliable. 3. it will have more 'features' that we ACTUALLY USE. 4. Navigation will outclass the benz by a millions miles. 5. there's a hybrid option...I could go on and on.

Now let me say this. I think Mercedes Benz is a great company...I myself have an 99 ML320.

- snip -

There are more flaws with Mercedes Benz than Lexus so stop the hating, and don't be jealous...
Lexus has fewer flaws than Mercedes-Benz? From an owner’s perspective, the flaws that matter most are the ones that affect YOU. There are a number of Toyota/Lexus owners who would rather be driving a vehicle powered by the Mercedes-Benz V6 in your ML, than their Toyota V6. Are you aware that Toyota released 3.3 million vehicles with defective engines? How defective? Defective enough that Lexus has an eight year free engine campaign. They aren’t giving engines away out of the goodness of their hearts, they’re giving them away because Toyota knows those engines are junk. Perhaps junk is too harsh a term. Perhaps someone else has another term that better explains an engine whose cylinder head is designed in such a fashion that it runs hot enough to kill the engine in the first 30K - even if the regular maintenance interval (7500 mile oil changes) is adhered to.

Here’s a story on that from Autoweek -
http://www.autonews.com/article.cms?articleId=38302

Here’s another story covering the same problem from Auto News -
http://www.autonews.com/article.cms?articleId=38921

Here’s one from Consumer Affairs -
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news02/toyota_sludge.html

Independent magazines too biased? Here a link to the Club Lexus forum, where those with dead engines lament their purchase -
http://www.clublexus.com/forums/show...&mode=threaded

Here’s a picture that shows the resulting sludge from that same poorly designed head:

Here’s a copy of a letter from Toyota themselves –
http://home.comcast.net/%7E94gsxr1100/lexus/oil/Sludge1.pdf

And another from Lexus –
http://www.lexus.com/about/press_releases/popups/2002/pr_04_03_a.html

Don’t think I’m bashing Toyota/Lexus products. I happen to own one (thank God it isn’t powered by one of Toyota’s defective engines). Lexus vehicles have their problems just as any other manufacturer. Perhaps the grass just “looks” greener from across the street. Once you own one for a while, you’ll recognize that new car smell is really fertilizer.
Old 10-24-2005, 01:34 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
I actually like it...looks alot more sporty and aggressive...
Old 10-24-2005, 03:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E350
Originally Posted by newton22

Hahah yea right... Youll never see an X5 doing anything close to what my jeep did.

Old 10-24-2005, 03:40 AM
Out Of Control!!

And you'll never seen a Jeep doing what my X5 does
Old 10-24-2005, 09:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

09' 335i coupe
the headlights look badass.
Old 10-24-2005, 08:04 PM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63
I know I like the new LS and all but I have to say this.
"Passionate Pursuit of Perfection" more like Passionate Pursuit of Perfecting other company's cars.
Old 10-24-2005, 08:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheels
Does anybody else think those wheels look like rice wheels?

Its amazing how much it looks like the BMW 5 series. It makes the 5 series look good, which IMO is butt ugly, but it seems as though not anymore with the advent of the new LS460.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: LS460 spy pictures ?