S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

LS460 spy pictures ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2005, 12:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG
MOderators close this stupid Toyota thread... or move it OFFTOPIC seriously.
Old 10-28-2005, 01:17 AM

2005 Mercedes SLK350
Originally Posted by DancingBenzos
Re read what i said, i said its dumb to compare head lights.

Why are you so pro-lexus on a MB forum, and you dont own a lexus?
i'm not pro-lexus, i'm pro-not making stupid blind claims like "lexus copied this, lexus copied that." and am i not ALLOWED to show any pro-lexus on an MB forum, even if they make legitmately good cars that don't deserved to be called inferior knockoffs?

and if it's so dumb to compare headlights, why is it so undumb to compare rears?
Old 10-28-2005, 01:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheels
Originally Posted by BoBcanada
MOderators close this stupid Toyota thread... or move it OFFTOPIC seriously.
I concur. I shall message my good friend.
Old 10-28-2005, 05:09 AM

Mercedes all the way!
i'm not pro-lexus, i'm pro-not making stupid blind claims like "lexus copied this, lexus copied that." and am i not ALLOWED to show any pro-lexus on an MB forum, even if they make legitmately good cars that don't deserved to be called inferior knockoffs?
i absolutely concur with that

but i still say that you can't say the new ML looks like the Sorento when the Sorento is the one that copied it's parents. it's like your cousin saying "oh, you look just like me, because i look like your dad"

as for bmw - yes - but even Merc had four lamps behind one piece of glass too - albeit not of the same size - look at the W124 E-class for example. shall we say the GS400 copied the E-class, then? :p the main feature about "four headlamps" is that they're actually distinctly behind four pieces of glass =) which i agree the GS didn't copy since it can legitimately trace it back to the SC400.

hey, don't lock this thread - i said i won't post on it anymore some time back but it's turning out to be fun!!
Old 10-28-2005, 08:06 AM

Talking

Ok Boys Now I say something.
New LS and GS are even nice, don't mind if they've copied something or not.
But I still don't like Lexus, because for me it's only a big and well-equipped Toyota. You live in US where You probably don't see anything like Toyota Yaris:
http://toyota.pl/_itemserver/_yaris/MMC%2004-1200.jpg
"Mom said, when I grow up I'll become a big and exclusive Lexus"
And don't say that MB has A-Class or smart. This is a different situation when a company moves to lower segments and when another company tries to enter forcibly into the premium segment.
Old 10-28-2005, 01:48 PM

2005 Mercedes SLK350
Originally Posted by ruykava
as for bmw - yes - but even Merc had four lamps behind one piece of glass too - albeit not of the same size - look at the W124 E-class for example. shall we say the GS400 copied the E-class, then? :p the main feature about "four headlamps" is that they're actually distinctly behind four pieces of glass =) which i agree the GS didn't copy since it can legitimately trace it back to the SC400.
i thought the w124 e-class headlamps were just one large rectangular block of headlamps? as were all mercedes headlamps of that particular time?

the closest thing to the four-headlamp-non-inside-of-one-glass before mercedes made it popular with the 1996-ish e-class was on the SC.

Kubazz, that totally makes sense. i mean for the longest time lexuses WERE highly-optioned toyotas. but just this year, you do know they were made their entirely separate brand everywhere in the world? (and can you really compare a Yaris with an LS?)
Old 10-28-2005, 08:09 PM

you guys best bet is to entirely ignore this vehicle.
it doesn't appeal to you, but saying it's bad that's laughable.

plenty of Sclass owners purchased the LS, and MOST according to surveys are not returning to MB. Lexus also just happens to b the leader in owner retention

do you really think MB's sales decline, and Lexus drastic increases are not correlated?

or MB could copy Lexus nav, audio, build quality, instead they'd rather lose sales till they end up like GM.

but rest assured the new LS will set a new standard in the premium luxury segment, and the influx of MB to Lexus converts will continue. You can whine about how it's a sucky Toyota, but Lexus unprecedented sales increases prove otherwise.

Now that Toyota has styling down, the juggernaut will just rollover competition

btw

nothing but misinformation presented by children listing their divorsed parents rides
Old 10-28-2005, 09:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally Posted by lexstra
you guys best bet is to entirely ignore this vehicle.
it doesn't appeal to you, but saying it's bad that's laughable.

plenty of Sclass owners purchased the LS, and MOST according to surveys are not returning to MB. Lexus also just happens to b the leader in owner retention

do you really think MB's sales decline, and Lexus drastic increases are not correlated?

or MB could copy Lexus nav, audio, build quality, instead they'd rather lose sales till they end up like GM.

but rest assured the new LS will set a new standard in the premium luxury segment, and the influx of MB to Lexus converts will continue. You can whine about how it's a sucky Toyota, but Lexus unprecedented sales increases prove otherwise.

Now that Toyota has styling down, the juggernaut will just rollover competition

btw

nothing but misinformation presented by children listing their divorsed parents rides

GO TO TOYOTA FORUMS.
Old 10-28-2005, 09:17 PM

03 E500
Originally Posted by lexstra

MB sales down? LMAO...do you just make it up and think nobody will notice? You might want to check the Lexus forums ans see what sold how many. 3 year old E class out sold brand new GS by more than 200% if you don't want to read it.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/show...eptember+sales
Old 10-28-2005, 09:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lots of cars
Talking

PLEASE GO TO THE TOYOTA FORUM a lexus can never be in the same category of MB, BMW, and Jaguar.

LOOK NOW THIS IS A MERCEDES ! LOL !!!! NOT!
Attached Thumbnails LS460 spy pictures ?-new_amanti_275x350.jpg  
Old 10-28-2005, 09:21 PM

03 E500
All those pictures you posted have no similarities besides the 4 head light "THEME". They don't look like one another at all.

It's like saying Batman looks like Superman because they share the same super hero theme by wearing a cape.

Originally Posted by knihc2008
comparing that "kink" in the rear window to that of the 5 series is ridiculous. that's like saying
looks like

because, omg, it has four headlights! and, blimey, the jaguar s-type

looks like the eclass because, wow, it has the four headlamps again. copiers! maybe the "kink" (which isn't even a kink at all, mind you, but whatever) on the LS

has more to do with the new IS:

or even the window shape of the new GS:

not to mention the even older-school GS:

maybe lexus decided to copy, of all people, the PLYMOUTH NEON with that kink in the window:

Old 10-28-2005, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by Dvinn
MB sales down? LMAO...do you just make it up and think nobody will notice? You might want to check the Lexus forums ans see what sold how many. 3 year old E class out sold brand new GS by more than 200% if you don't want to read it.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/show...eptember+sales
I made up nothing, MB has lost sales over the past 2yrs. That chart clearly indicates MB is down 0.8% even though the overall luxury segment has grown.
Lexus is up 5.2%. Lexus just added an important vehicle to its lineup the 2IS.

MB will continue to struggle, and lose money till they get their act together.
Old 10-28-2005, 11:26 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2007 E63
All those pictures you posted have no similarities besides the 4 head light "THEME". They don't look like one another at all.

It's like saying Batman looks like Superman because they share the same super hero theme by wearing a cape.
That's what he was going for.
Old 10-29-2005, 12:38 AM
MKW

08 GL450
Originally Posted by ruykava

of course lol, circa 1972. of course we can disagree about whether the sc400 qualifies since the two inner headlamps aren't the same as the outer ones... :p
My earlier post was in response to " copying " , the four headlamp look never went away , really , as in the Jag XJ sedans for instance. But in the case of the W210, with it's body shrouded smaller inboard guide lights , I remember all of us posting on car boards back in '96 that it was a copy of the SC 400 !
Old 10-29-2005, 01:19 AM

2005 Mercedes SLK350

almost as ridiculous as saying a rear of a GS looks like a maxima, is it not?
Old 10-29-2005, 01:20 AM

2005 Mercedes SLK350
Originally Posted by YNVDIZW124
PLEASE GO TO THE TOYOTA FORUM a lexus can never be in the same category of MB, BMW, and Jaguar.

LOOK NOW THIS IS A MERCEDES ! LOL !!!! NOT!
uh, too bad they already are according to every other non-MB biased person.
Old 10-29-2005, 07:45 AM

Mercedes all the way!
knihc2008: actually, you have misread what i said. i said the W124 had its circular headlamps INSIDE one piece of glass/plastic/whatever that was. anyway =)

as for lexus sales volumes being higher, why not? main driver is the brand new GS and the cheaper ES. and overall, segment-for-segment, the cars are much cheaper as well - i'm not at all surprised when the economy isn't grea and with all these uncertainties, luxury car sales are down and price becomes more of a deciding factor.

where in the world, lexstra, did you get the idea the overall luxury segment is expanding? or do you mean expanding by meaning there are more models to choose from? LS sales are down (-12.7% so far) are so are that of the S (-22.5%) - GS sales are up significantly but that's because they're just beginning to be put to the market. and a new S is coming very soon. not to mention S is much more expensive.

i'm not saying there aren't problems, especially at MBUSA - and that lexus doesn't have its virtues - what i'm saying is don't shoot from the hip so easily.
Old 10-31-2005, 12:53 PM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 G63 ; 981 boxster GTS
agreed!

OMG they stole the E60 rear 5 series line!!!! Can they please make a car of their own design?
yes my gut instinct was same as yours. looks just like early M5 pics from profile view too!
Old 10-31-2005, 03:01 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 Sienna SE, 01 S500, 05 LS430 UL
Talking

Originally Posted by knihc2008
the ignorance on this board is really annoying. first of all, i'm really tired of this whole "oh wow lexus copied another manufacturer's design" or whatever.......
knihc2008 and other members, no need to talk about lexus, acura, infiniti and EVEN BMW here. You're just wasting your time.

You have to realize that it's an MB forum and all that people here will care is MB.
I go here to read, learn and try to participate for MB-that's it.
For my GS, I go to clublexus, BMW---->bimmerforums.
God forbid if I talk about other brands, I will get shot down.

I see posts after posts especially when lexus comes up, it gets no where because members are too closed-minded about other brand.
No need to defend or ask for opinions about non-MB's car here, because it's like

Now back to our regular bickering
Old 11-10-2005, 08:25 PM

Im blind???

Are you sure that your Lexus love is leaving you to be the real blind one in this debate?
Woooooooooow they look nothing alike, not at all, the both have trunks and windows and thats where the similarity ends.
Old 11-16-2005, 02:38 AM

FROM TODAY ON MSN.COM

http://autos.msn.com/advice/CRArt.as...LP%20Passenger

BOTTOM OF THE PAGE.

What the heck I'll make it even easier and give u a glimpse of the typical

--------------------------------

Least reliable

SEDANS: Jaguar S-Type, Lincoln LS, Mercedes-Benz E-Class, Saab 9-3, Mercedes-Benz S-Class, BMW 5-Series (V8), Audi A8, Chrysler 300 (V8)*, BMW 7 series

Most reliable

SEDANS: (EVERY SINGLE LEXUS SEDAN MANUFACTURED, LOOK FOR YOURSELF)

Consumer reports

Last edited by Braheem; 11-16-2005 at 02:43 AM.
Old 11-16-2005, 05:47 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2007 E63
The ES330 didn't make it.
Old 11-17-2005, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by asianml
The ES330 didn't make it.
LOL, you're right
Old 11-17-2005, 05:09 PM
Guest0001

Originally Posted by T0ked
Why does every MB owner here get so defensive when Lexus is mentioned?
Same reason why Lexus owners get defensive when Infiniti is mentioned.
Old 11-17-2005, 05:19 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Or Volkswagon owners with the Phaeton

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: LS460 spy pictures ?