S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

LS460 spy pictures ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2005, 11:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 E500
It goes well with a Folex watch and Armany suit. Now there is a LS460 BMUU.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:52 PM

2005 Mercedes SLK350
the ignorance on this board is really annoying. first of all, i'm really tired of this whole "oh wow lexus copied another manufacturer's design" or whatever. comparing that "kink" in the rear window to that of the 5 series is ridiculous. that's like saying
looks like

because, omg, it has four headlights! and, blimey, the jaguar s-type

looks like the eclass because, wow, it has the four headlamps again. copiers! maybe the "kink" (which isn't even a kink at all, mind you, but whatever) on the LS

has more to do with the new IS:

or even the window shape of the new GS:

not to mention the even older-school GS:

maybe lexus decided to copy, of all people, the PLYMOUTH NEON with that kink in the window:

but if you ask me, the 5 series looks more similar than the the LS does (since the LS's window is actually, uh, curved. and not kink-y at all). so maybe BMW copied the kink? or perhaps the NEON copied BMW. oh the CONSPIRACY.

second of all, how can you possibly call the whole lexus company automatically inferior and that since it is inferior, it doesn't belong in a mercedes forum? first of all, the lexus company consistently outsells mercedes year after year, and is it because all those extra people who buy lexuses are uninformed as to what car they're buying? and why shouldn't a mercedes' competitor be mentioned in a mercedes thread?

none of you have even driven the new LS. and if i remember, the old LS was ranked higher than the old W220 S-class in a c&d review. maybe some of you don't care about magazine comparisons; i don't either, but since you guys don't seem to care about JD power reliability rankings, sales rankings, or any other sort of rankings..

Last edited by knihc2008; 10-27-2005 at 03:59 PM.
Old 10-27-2005, 04:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes all the way!
you are, of course, forgetting the fact that the E-class W210 RESURRECTED the four headlamps look after many years of neglect while manufacturers switched to single units. it became fashionable again after that.

same argument for the GS - it came AFTER the 5-series. but i'll agree with you that the IS and LS are more similar to each other than the GS.

i'd add that the lexus keyless system is a direct copy of Merc's Keyless-Go, down to the way it works - except it works in the S-class manner (i.e. touch handle and it unlocks) and not in the latest E-class way (i.e., you need to pull the door handle - which IMO is safer)

haha, if you've read these forums often enough, and i'm sure you have, you'll know most of us have a very low regard for rankings and magazines :p
Old 10-27-2005, 04:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E350
Originally Posted by ricky.agrawal
And you'll never seen a Jeep doing what my X5 does

What sitting in a service bay? 77,000 Miles, 50 MPH in 4x4 side ways, and not one problem.

Also Thats nice with the JD power, but to bad JD doesnt rate boring to drive, lexus could be number 1 at that too.

Also wow they copy headlights, Lexus copies entire cars. Not headlights. Also if you wanna compare an Integra head light design to that of an E-Class ok, they both have 4 lights, it stops there. With lexus you could match up the body lines almost exactly.

Last edited by FThornton666; 10-27-2005 at 04:31 PM.
Old 10-27-2005, 04:40 PM

2005 Mercedes SLK350
Originally Posted by DancingBenzos
Also wow they copy headlights, Lexus copies entire cars. Not headlights. Also if you wanna compare an Integra head light design to that of an E-Class ok, they both have 4 lights, it stops there. With lexus you could match up the body lines almost exactly.
really? show me. maybe the original LS400, sure, but not even that car was an exact, body-line-for-body-line copy. what else is EXACT? can you give me some examples?

Originally Posted by ruykava
i'd add that the lexus keyless system is a direct copy of Merc's Keyless-Go, down to the way it works - except it works in the S-class manner (i.e. touch handle and it unlocks) and not in the latest E-class way (i.e., you need to pull the door handle - which IMO is safer)
wait, you pull the handle? not sure how the e-class one works. but if the s-class version of keyless go requires you to simply touch the handle for the doors to unlock, blimey i'd say that's copying lexus's version of smartkey, not to mention the push-button location of the engine button.
Old 10-27-2005, 04:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E350
Originally Posted by knihc2008
really? show me. maybe the original LS400, sure, but not even that car was an exact, body-line-for-body-line copy. what else is EXACT? can you give me some examples?

wait, you pull the handle? not sure how the e-class one works. but if the s-class version of keyless go requires you to simply touch the handle for the doors to unlock, blimey i'd say that's copying lexus's version of smartkey, not to mention the push-button location of the engine button.

The new GS rear is fromt he maxima.
Old 10-27-2005, 05:17 PM
MKW

08 GL450
you are, of course, forgetting the fact that the E-class W210 RESURRECTED the four headlamps look after many years of neglect while manufacturers switched to single units. it became fashionable again after that.
The 1992 Lexus SC400 coupe had the four headlight look ( two smaller round inboard lights ) before the W210 appeared in 1996.

Old 10-27-2005, 05:25 PM

2005 Mercedes SLK350
The new GS rear is fromt he maxima.

really? are you blind?
Old 10-27-2005, 05:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E350
Im blind???

Are you sure that your Lexus love is leaving you to be the real blind one in this debate?

Last edited by FThornton666; 10-27-2005 at 05:39 PM.
Old 10-27-2005, 06:05 PM

2005 Mercedes SLK350
uh, does anyone else see a resemblance between the two cars? dancingbenz, the very shape of the TAILLAMPS aren't even remotely close: the maxima has triangular ones, the lexus has rectangular ones. how can you even start to say the two rear ends look "exactly alike" if the very taillamp shapes are not? the TRUNK CUT is totally unsimilar too. the only similarity i can see is the rectangular license plate cut in the trunk and the exhaust placement, but then again WHAT CAR doesn't have that?

and fyi, dancingbenz, i own no lexi and a mercedes SLK350. lexus love?

Last edited by knihc2008; 10-27-2005 at 06:08 PM.
Old 10-27-2005, 06:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheels
Im with Fred on this one. Lexus has always copied some car company since they are not creative enough to design their own bloody cars.
Old 10-27-2005, 06:09 PM

2005 Mercedes SLK350
Originally Posted by MB Fanatic
Im with Fred on this one. Lexus has always copied some car company since they are not creative enough to design their own bloody cars.
again, give me some examples.
Old 10-27-2005, 06:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'99 C230 K
lol..bring up a topic directed towards lexus on this board always brings up these arguments, its like heresey.
Old 10-27-2005, 06:14 PM

2005 Mercedes SLK350
Originally Posted by Evil Duffman
lol..bring up a topic directed towards lexus on this board always brings up these arguments, its like heresey.
i just think it's ridiculous how everytime someone brings up lexus they're always ignorantly and blindly dismissed as "inferior," "copycat" cars.
Old 10-27-2005, 06:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E350
uh, does anyone else see a resemblance between the two cars? dancingbenz, the very shape of the TAILLAMPS aren't even remotely close: the maxima has triangular ones, the lexus has rectangular ones. how can you even start to say the two rear ends look "exactly alike" if the very taillamp shapes are not? the TRUNK CUT is totally unsimilar too. the only similarity i can see is the rectangular license plate cut in the trunk and the exhaust placement, but then again WHAT CAR doesn't have that?

Look past the tail lamps, the design of the rear alone, its very maximaish. I mistake the GS's for maximas all the time.
Old 10-27-2005, 06:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'99 C230 K
i just think it's ridiculous how everytime someone brings up lexus they're always ignorantly and blindly dismissed as "inferior," "copycat" cars.

i do like some of them. The LX was always one of my fav trucks although it def needs a face lift. I really like the IS350. I would def consider it over the W203.
Old 10-27-2005, 06:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG E55, Stage 1, Strait Pipe from Primary Cats

Very similar.
Old 10-27-2005, 06:26 PM

Mercedes all the way!
knihc2008: yup that's the way it works in Merc now - you need to pull the handle.

well, according to my knowledge and according to this website: http://rallye.tnyg.com/htm/lexus/models/ls430.htm, Lexus only got their system in 2004 with the LS430 facelift - which would be 5 years after the S-class first introduced it.
Old 10-27-2005, 06:34 PM

2005 Mercedes SLK350
Look past the tail lamps, the design of the rear alone, its very maximaish. I mistake the GS's for maximas all the time.
very "maximaish." funny how you went from
to "maximaish." wanna point out specific body lines? or is just saying that the two just sorta look similar from the back even though they don't share any specific body lines, taillamps, trunk-lid lines, bumper lines, cut joints, bumper molding, spoilers, or license plate holdings as "matching up body lines almost exactly"? because quite frankly, i tend to think that is, how do i put this.. "sorentoish"? which leads me to:

Originally Posted by benzondubs
Very similar.
how?

ruykava: i'm still sorta confused as to the difference between these two keyless systems. in the lexus, it doesn't unlock til you touch the inside, in which case only the driver's door you're touching will unlock. with the benz, you have to pull on the door handle and then it will unlock. is there really that much difference between the moment you touch the door handle and the moment you.. start pulling on it? or do you pull on it once and then pull on it again?

Last edited by knihc2008; 10-27-2005 at 06:37 PM.
Old 10-27-2005, 06:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheels
You just pull it once and it will unlock and open the door on my E55, E350, and S600. I think its better than the Lexus system as well.

Candrive 55 did a comparison on the two since he came from a 2004 LS430 to a 2005 E55. By far he seems to like the Mercedes system better than the Lexus.
Old 10-27-2005, 06:53 PM

2005 Mercedes SLK350
Originally Posted by MB Fanatic
You just pull it once and it will unlock and open the door on my E55, E350, and S600. I think its better than the Lexus system as well.

Candrive 55 did a comparison on the two since he came from a 2004 LS430 to a 2005 E55. By far he seems to like the Mercedes system better than the Lexus.
do you have a link to the comparison? i'm still just really confused as to what the difference is. thanks in advance
Old 10-27-2005, 06:59 PM

2005 Mercedes SLK350
btw, i was reading MKW's post about the SC and its having four headlamps, and just remembered:

ooooh, who's copying who now! bmw->lexus->mercedes?

i'm not trying to start arguments with all of this. i just think its ridiculous for people to say that manufacturers purposely copy other manufacturer's designs and sell them off as inferior cars, like many of you have been stating about lexus and their designs.
Old 10-27-2005, 08:33 PM

Mercedes all the way!
basically the systems are almost exactly the same - but on the lexus (or the earlier Merc) it is easier to accidentally unlock the door, say if you were just leaning on the handle to see if you left something in the car. with the merc you must apply some pressure - so you don't get as many "oops" moments. and (i may be mistaken) i believe you can set whether only one door, or all doors, unlock. i've always left mine to open everything at once.

as for the beemer - it exactly backs up what i said. four round lamps went out of fashion, then the W210 brought it back. we could always go back to

of course lol, circa 1972. of course we can disagree about whether the sc400 qualifies since the two inner headlamps aren't the same as the outer ones... :p

i think it all boils down to the fact that members don't see a Lexus-ness about Lexus - until recently every new Lexus looked completely different and if you removed the badge you'd never know they were related. and now the LS still looks generic although the rest of the range is getting somewhat more interesting.

hehe can't resist this one: kia sorento? oh, you meant the (previous ML + previous RX) hybrid.. no wonder it looks kinda familiar...
Old 10-27-2005, 09:44 PM

2005 Mercedes SLK350
basically the systems are almost exactly the same - but on the lexus (or the earlier Merc) it is easier to accidentally unlock the door, say if you were just leaning on the handle to see if you left something in the car. with the merc you must apply some pressure - so you don't get as many "oops" moments. and (i may be mistaken) i believe you can set whether only one door, or all doors, unlock. i've always left mine to open everything at once.

as for the beemer - it exactly backs up what i said. four round lamps went out of fashion, then the W210 brought it back. we could always go back to

of course lol, circa 1972. of course we can disagree about whether the sc400 qualifies since the two inner headlamps aren't the same as the outer ones... :p

i think it all boils down to the fact that members don't see a Lexus-ness about Lexus - until recently every new Lexus looked completely different and if you removed the badge you'd never know they were related. and now the LS still looks generic although the rest of the range is getting somewhat more interesting.

hehe can't resist this one: kia sorento? oh, you meant the (previous ML + previous RX) hybrid.. no wonder it looks kinda familiar...
hehe, but the sorento came before the NEW ml, which looks exactly the sorento!

and BMWs have been using the four-headlamps ever since, haven't they? that's their trademark, along with the kidney grille. so while the "four headlamps" may have gone out of style, they never did at bmw.

and though there's no "lexus-ness" about old lexi, that doesn't mean they've been lavishly copying everyone else's designs. what did the RX, SC and GS copy? even with the new lexus l-finesse theme, we still have people saying back ends are copied off of maximas, etc. i'm so tired of it.

and btw the lexus system can be programmed to not only open either all doors or just drivers door but also left side or right side, etc. and the lexus doors only open when you touch the inside of the handle, so i don't see how leaning over would matter.
Old 10-28-2005, 12:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E350
Re read what i said, i said its dumb to compare head lights.

Why are you so pro-lexus on a MB forum, and you dont own a lexus?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: LS460 spy pictures ?