S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

LS460 spy pictures ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2005, 08:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK. This thread is about as childish as an argument about who stole somebody's chair in 1st grade. I drive an IS300 and can honestly say that I think the new LS looks like an RL which looks like crap. But that beside the point, you MB enthusiasts are the most MB centered, irritating, self centered internet-ers I have ever seen!! You're even worse than the Bimmer people!

We had 3 S classes, and 2 SL's. I like MB's a lot and always defend them when people ask why people spend so much money on them. Don't flame me for this but you guys are so MB-centric.

I guess there is no such thing as an impartial forum. This place just proves it.

I know I'm a newbie. Don't flame me please.
Old 11-20-2005, 08:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheels
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
OK. This thread is about as childish as an argument about who stole somebody's chair in 1st grade. I drive an IS300 and can honestly say that I think the new LS looks like an RL which looks like crap. But that beside the point, you MB enthusiasts are the most MB centered, irritating, self centered internet-ers I have ever seen!! You're even worse than the Bimmer people!

We had 3 S classes, and 2 SL's. I like MB's a lot and always defend them when people ask why people spend so much money on them. Don't flame me for this but you guys are so MB-centric.

I guess there is no such thing as an impartial forum. This place just proves it.

Its a MB forum, what the **** were you expecting? I myself am a car enthusast but if Lexus wants to be taken seriously they have to innovate, not copy others.
Old 11-20-2005, 10:42 PM
Guest0001

you MB enthusiasts are the most MB centered, irritating, self centered it.

Nice job introducing yourself.
Old 11-21-2005, 01:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
none

Does your IS300 have one of those cool coffee can tailpipes?? I really dig those..
Wow you went from a S class to an IS300?
Is an IS300 a Corrolla with leather?
Old 11-21-2005, 12:08 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Some of you guys are acting like stereotypical BMW *****s. Your cluelessness about Lexus ingenuity, build tolerances, and reliability is astounding.

Pray, what ignorance will you spout when Lexus bows with its new V8 replete with hybrid power and dare I say E55 performance? Mercedes is outstanding but Lexus is building a better car right now. Yes, Lexus may never capture the teutonic feel of MB but that doesn't nullify its net product.

Stop being stupid and arrogant.
Old 11-22-2005, 03:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Several MB's Superperformance MK III Cobra

Go to the Club Lexus forum if you want to see irritating, self centered internet-er douche bags. Apart from adding big wheels and lowering their cars all that they do is bash non Lexus cars and sing the praises of their uninspired cars. This is not coming from a biased MB owner since I purchased an '04 SC 430 (long gone) and an '04 LS430(soon to be gone). My experience with the "Passionate Pursuit of Perfection" was less than passionate and happily I will be without any Lexi come this spring.
Old 11-22-2005, 05:40 PM
Guest0001

Originally Posted by lkirchner
Go to the Club Lexus forum if you want to see irritating, self centered internet-er douche bags. Apart from adding big wheels and lowering their cars all that they do is bash non Lexus cars and sing the praises of their uninspired cars.
Agreed. I browse alot of different forums and that place is truly horrible. Especially one of their moderators, 1SickIdiot.
Old 11-22-2005, 08:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
S, GL, Escalade ESV, my shoes
The new W221 copies the 7 series from head to toe, including that ugly trunk lid, C pillar, dash, shifter, i-Drive ..., heck, pretty much the whole car, minus that fender flare.

At least Lexus copy design & idea, but make it better. Mercedes copies, and can't even make it as good.

Originally Posted by MB Fanatic
Im with Fred on this one. Lexus has always copied some car company since they are not creative enough to design their own bloody cars.
Old 11-22-2005, 10:30 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 E63
I was gonna join Club Lexus to flame them and praise Mercedes. Decided not worth my time. They are really *****y people.

Originally Posted by zam2000
The new W221 copies the 7 series from head to toe, including that ugly trunk lid, C pillar, dash, shifter, i-Drive ..., heck, pretty much the whole car, minus that fender flare.

At least Lexus copy design & idea, but make it better. Mercedes copies, and can't even make it as good.
Mercedes made it 10 times better than BMW. Tell me, what in the 7-Series is better than the W221?
Old 11-23-2005, 02:28 AM

2007 S550 Sport
Clublexus is nowhere near as childish and arrogant as this board. I try to avoid this forum like the plague except to try and gleam some actual information about the car in between all the my-car-is-the-best BS. Have you seen most of the talk on the MB forum? And you complain that people on CL talk about putting on big wheels? You gotta be kidding me...
Old 11-23-2005, 10:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Several MB's Superperformance MK III Cobra
Originally Posted by T0ked
Clublexus is nowhere near as childish and arrogant as this board. I try to avoid this forum like the plague except to try and gleam some actual information about the car in between all the my-car-is-the-best BS. Have you seen most of the talk on the MB forum? And you complain that people on CL talk about putting on big wheels? You gotta be kidding me...
I would follow my intuition and avoid this forum. Doesn't sound as though you have very strong convictions.
Old 11-23-2005, 11:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

is a German Tank
This is a Mercedes Benz Forum, it is a place where opinions, criticism (constructive or not) and technical assistance is ENCOURAGED.

for those who don't like it there is a little red box with a white X on the top right corner of this page.
Old 11-23-2005, 12:59 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by lkirchner
I would follow my intuition and avoid this forum. Doesn't sound as though you have very strong convictions.

lkirchner is right. This board needs to work on quelling bias and hone objectivity. Members of this board also pull out the beat down emoticon way too often when there isn't even a phucking beat down. Jeezus, give it a rest. Use it when you actually, I don't know, beat someone down.

We're here to learn and discuss. Critically think, people. Drive before you bash.
Old 11-23-2005, 01:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Take your Toyota posts to Toyota forums!
Old 11-25-2005, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by lorinserbenz
Wow you went from a S class to an IS300?
I liked the s classes but for a bizarre reason they had reliability problems and went to the dealer a fair bit. One's electrical system just went funky, and after we fixed it once the dealer said it wouldn't break again, and it did. Or it was just really good friends with the local tow truck. Don't get me wrong I really like MB's alot, but I just would hesitate buying one because of the reliability issues we have had with them. BTW, the S classes were never mine, they were the family's.

Lexus does not have the same name as BMW or MB, but they make quality vehicles. The IS300 (pre 2006) did not have the same quality other Lexus do, because it is a rebadged Toyota. Not a Corolla for the uneducated about Toyota people, an Altezza. The IS was bought for me and I wanted it because of its handling qualities and styling. It is underpowered in its stock form but there are many turbo kits out their for it and many turboed IS's could kill lots of MB's in a race.

What car company or model is better is a completely subjective argument.

Old 11-25-2005, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by ricky.agrawal
Or Volkswagon owners with the Phaeton
Hey! That was low. The Phaeton W12 is a great car... to buy a year old for $25k. :p

As for Lexus versus Mercedes, my dislike has nothing do with the cars themselves. I'm sure they're perfectly fine generic people moving boxes just like everything else Toyota makes. My issues are with the people who tend to drive these things. It's been my personal observation that the ES300 is the car of choice for middle aged 30k a year millionaires with lap dogs. And, when they walk in front of you in line at Safeway, don't you dare say anything to them because their time is obviously more important than yours. It must be because they drive a certified preowned Lexus with the Lexus of warranties.