S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

07 MBZ S-Classe w/ 22" staggered wheels

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 06-08-2006 | 12:51 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

VIPER
Originally Posted by Nevada Jack
Not much can be accomplished with this subject...personal preferences prevail and that's as it should be.
In the end that is the entire gist of it all! Nothing more needs to be said on the wheel size topic!
Old 06-08-2006 | 08:28 AM
Almost a Member!

04 sl 55 06 gallardo se 07 s 600 05 hummer sut 04 murcielago
s 600 on 22"

I have my s 600 now for about a month i put a set of geg lagunas on it brushed finsh chrome lip 22 in staggered. I have to say the car looks great in my opinion but up here in nyc it is like driving on eggshells with the 22 s so what i did was i purchased a set of 20 in forgiato ottos brushed finish chrome lip for my everyday driving and i do alot of car shows so for the shows ill put the 22s on for that shock effect. i am also installing kleeman lowering mod ecu and trans mod as soon as the ecu program is out for the o7 eric at rpm said another month or so for that i am also installing a full lorinser body kit the car should be done cosmetically in about 2 weeks i will post pics when it is done and as far as the car goes it is an unbelievable vehicle. my cousin brother and mom have flying spurs and the s 600 is light years ahead of that car in every aspect cannot even compare the two and its 35 k cheaper benz really killed with this s class
Attached Thumbnails 07 MBZ S-Classe w/ 22" staggered wheels-s6004.jpg   07 MBZ S-Classe w/ 22" staggered wheels-s6005.jpg   07 MBZ S-Classe w/ 22" staggered wheels-s6006.jpg  
Old 06-08-2006 | 11:36 AM
Almost a Member!

Work in Progress
Now that looks awesome D Block! Very classy looking wheels and the 22's give it that aggressive look. Can't wait to see the finsished product. Post hi-res pics if you can.
Old 06-08-2006 | 02:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 BMW X3M Comp
Originally Posted by Brav
Ghetto, IMO. This car is about balance between style/purpose. Those wheels serve no purpose except to say LOOK AT MEE!

kinda tacky. But then again, that sells.
Old 06-08-2006 | 02:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 BMW X3M Comp
Originally Posted by CLFREAK
Hell, yes. You want them to look at you. You've worked your a** off to get where you're at. Why be boring and look like every other schmuck out there who thinks he's a VIP. If want to go unnoticed, get a backup "beater" for those times on the "DL", Chrissakes! That's why you need it. WTF does one invest in a top-of-the-line Benz in the first place? To first separate yourself from the rest of the plebians. Then, once you've accomplished that, you need to go to the next level and further separate yourself from everyone else who has money but no sense of style by being INDIVIDUAL and UNIQUE. CUSTOMIZATION - that's what it's all about. To just have a 3-pointed star in the front AIN'T ENOUGH. The 80s are over! Also - we aren't talking about collector car status where you need to keep it stock.

The rims are cool, the deeper the dish even cooler, and the lowering the coolest. All that's needed is a Brabus or Lorinser kit, some tint, and voila, you're a VIP that says get the hell outta my way, yes, I have an ego, and I don't give a f**k!
All you had to say is that you like the ghetto look
Old 06-09-2006 | 01:23 AM

2001 Lorinser Edition CL600 (SOLD)
Originally Posted by D BLOCK
I have my s 600 now for about a month i put a set of geg lagunas on it brushed finsh chrome lip 22 in staggered. I have to say the car looks great in my opinion but up here in nyc it is like driving on eggshells with the 22 s so what i did was i purchased a set of 20 in forgiato ottos brushed finish chrome lip for my everyday driving and i do alot of car shows so for the shows ill put the 22s on for that shock effect. i am also installing kleeman lowering mod ecu and trans mod as soon as the ecu program is out for the o7 eric at rpm said another month or so for that i am also installing a full lorinser body kit the car should be done cosmetically in about 2 weeks i will post pics when it is done and as far as the car goes it is an unbelievable vehicle. my cousin brother and mom have flying spurs and the s 600 is light years ahead of that car in every aspect cannot even compare the two and its 35 k cheaper benz really killed with this s class
Glad to here you think the S-class blows away the Spur technologically, but what about styling-wise? I saw them both parked side-by-side and now think the Spur has rather uninspiring, pedestrian lines when compared to the sporty aggressiveness of the S. The interior, however, still leaves the Benz behind, with its plush wood and aromatic leather which is the essence of Bentley.

Now, the challenge will be between the S and the upcoming Aston Martin Rapide 4-door V12 which I posted on before.

But let's take the top of the line S65 (whenever it becomes available), dress it up with rims similar to yours, lower it, tint the windows, mod the engine, and throw on a Brabus or similar kit with taste. Then, where do we stand?

Out of that lineup, which car will those snooty valets automatically park in the coveted top spots without asking?

Last edited by CLFREAK; 06-09-2006 at 01:26 AM.
Old 06-16-2006 | 01:13 AM

wife's car2014 ml350
don't get me wrong jack you own a very nice car, sorry but you didn't get the s65 amg(toatally differnt vehicle than an s550 with amg body kit and wheels), you ordered mercedes after market bling bling with out the motor, kinda like false badging a car if ya ask me
One more time...The AMG kit is not after market...it is an Option for the S550 and is installed at the factory when the car is built. It is a variation of the car offered by the maker.

Stick that in your eye or wherever it fits....
Old 06-16-2006 | 08:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2011 E350 Cabriolet..White and Almond Mocha
Originally Posted by SEXYBEEST
don't get me wrong jack you own a very nice car, sorry but you didn't get the s65 amg(toatally differnt vehicle than an s550 with amg body kit and wheels), you ordered mercedes after market bling bling with out the motor, kinda like false badging a car if ya ask me
If I wanted the S65 (which I did not want and could not afford) I would have waited and ordered one.

You are more interested in hearing yourself sound-off than face the fact that the AMG kit is a factory option feature for many MB models. If I wanted to deceive people I would "badge" the right side of the trunk with an AMG logo...but I leave that to the bling, bling nuts who try to make their cars "unique" but most of the time just screw up a good design.

Why continue to post such crap when everyone on the forum knows what you are about. If you want to troll go to another forum...
Old 06-16-2006 | 09:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW E39
kinda like false badging a car if ya ask me
In short, no, its not. False badging a car is like false badging a car. Ordering a stock package makes the car, technically, stock.
Old 06-16-2006 | 12:58 PM

wife's car2014 ml350
i'm poking a stick at nevada jack because pompus idiots like that have not a clue about style, he opens his mouth and states that everybody that has 22's is bling bling but yea sure he got the amg package, which is nothing more than bling-bling and no zing-zing
Originally Posted by newton22
In short, no, its not. False badging a car is like false badging a car. Ordering a stock package makes the car, technically, stock.
Old 06-16-2006 | 01:01 PM

wife's car2014 ml350
i really just love poking sticks at hypocrites
If I wanted the S65 (which I did not want and could not afford) I would have waited and ordered one.

You are more interested in hearing yourself sound-off than face the fact that the AMG kit is a factory option feature for many MB models. If I wanted to deceive people I would "badge" the right side of the trunk with an AMG logo...but I leave that to the bling, bling nuts who try to make their cars "unique" but most of the time just screw up a good design.

Why continue to post such crap when everyone on the forum knows what you are about. If you want to troll go to another forum...
Old 06-16-2006 | 01:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

i really just love poking sticks at hypocrites
Keep running your mouth and you confirm what everybody already knows...you are a troll with no class.
Old 06-16-2006 | 03:41 PM

wife's car2014 ml350
that's not true i have m class
Keep running your mouth and you confirm what everybody already knows...you are a troll with no class.
Old 06-16-2006 | 05:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

that's not true i have m class
That's the only thing you have that shows class...and that belongs to your wife...
Old 06-16-2006 | 11:24 PM

wife's car2014 ml350
i just wanted to say jack i love your car especially the amg kit, it looks awesome! how does it handle with the larger sway bars, stiffer springs, bigger motor, larger rotors and 6 piston calipers and free flow exhaust
That's the only thing you have that shows class...and that belongs to your wife...
Old 06-17-2006 | 12:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

i just wanted to say jack i love your car especially the amg kit, it looks awesome! how does it handle with the larger sway bars, stiffer springs, bigger motor, larger rotors and 6 piston calipers and free flow exhaust
You really have a problem. I guess when you drive a '67 Nova you have the standard for handling and power...I remember my new '69 Nova coupe was really some car

It is obvious you have not driven a "stock" S550...if you had you would realize what a good handling car it is with the bling-bling AMG and the zing-zing 382HP engine with ABC. Has more HP than some of the AMG engines of just recent years. You don't understand that to have a great handling and driving car you don't need the makings of a S65 with lowering, tint, 22" rims, etc., etc., etc.!

When you grow up and realize why people buy a S Class you will wonder why you loved bling-bling and all that "stuff" added to a great automobile. It seems to me if MB/AMG build a car...(be it the "stock" S550 with AMG kit or the S65 with all the perfomance features added)...then the buyer doesn't have to go out and add some bling and try an create a better car or ride.

As I said earlier...you are trolling and I have finished satisfying your ego or whatever it is you get from "sticking it to NevadaJack." Go jump in your hopped-up Nova and spin a few wheels for me...
Old 06-17-2006 | 02:29 PM

2014 E63 S
Get out of here sexybeest!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-18-2006 | 12:00 PM

wife's car2014 ml350
yes jack i love to troll you cause you bite pretty easy but also because of your backwards thinking and unwillingness to apreciate someone elses vision of beauty and that is where my comments come from, i guess what you said to begin with the thread about not liking the guys wheels because they were 22's and overkill is a hypocriticle statement(just tell the guy your not wild about them) and i was simply doing the same to you because your amg kit is just bolt on bling-bling and really serves no purpose besides looks, thus stating the obvius. be a plyer not a hater. yea my nova runs pretty good, .91g's on the skid pad and 10.20's in the 1/4. the new d-1sc has really bumped up the power
Originally Posted by captlst
Get out of here sexybeest!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-18-2006 | 01:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

be a plyer not a hater.
"i really just love poking sticks at hypocrites..."

"i'm poking a stick at nevada jack because pompus idiots like that.."

The words above in quotes are yours Troll!

You may try taking your own advice and be a player instead of a hater...
Old 06-22-2006 | 06:23 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

VIPER

You may try taking your own advice and be a player instead of a hater...
In many cases people just attempt to inflame a situation that was summed up perfectly a while back on this thread with this comment:

Not much can be accomplished with this subject...personal preferences prevail and that's as it should be.
The good thing about mature adults is we can "agree to disagree" yet still have no ill will or name calling etc etc. Jack, I dont even think you should respond anymore, just let people debate alone!! lol
Old 06-23-2006 | 10:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by D2-AUTOSPORT
In many cases people just attempt to inflame a situation that was summed up perfectly a while back on this thread with this comment:

The good thing about mature adults is we can "agree to disagree" yet still have no ill will or name calling etc etc. Jack, I dont even think you should respond anymore, just let people debate alone!! lol
Old 02-03-2011 | 07:21 PM

Mercedes S550 ///amg
Exe Concavo 22" If you hit a lowered sewer cap with those at 50 mph, you are SCREWED! those rims are for showcars, or sunday drivers.

but looks good.
Old 02-04-2011 | 10:13 PM

2009 SL550
Yes, personal preference is the key here.

Saying 22's are overkill but 19's are ok is funny to me since I remember my auto-x days when we thought anything beyond 16' was overkill. But times change.

An S-class Benz is overkill (in terms of basic transportation) so why is a stock one ok but a slightly modded one overkill? They are both personal expressions and intended to look good in front of others.

It's not just "ghetto" people that think Beast's ride looks good. It's a little much for me but I can see the appeal of upgrading the staid stock looks.

NJack- your car is beautiful but that has to be the worst angle to take a picture from. It looks like a Buick with positive camber and exaggerates the gap between the tire and body. Almost looks like somebody put a lift kit on it. Head on or rear 3/4 shot would be better.
Old 02-25-2011 | 05:36 PM

S550, 2006 Range Rover Sports Supercharged
Rims def bring out a different personality in a car but if you live in a state with lots of potholes.. Not a good idea because you will be at the tire shop getting your wheels fixed every week.
Old 03-14-2011 | 04:03 PM

03 CL500 amg package/08 Audi S6/07 Range Rover Sport/06 cls55/09 c63
the exe wheels look good on the car!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 07 MBZ S-Classe w/ 22" staggered wheels