S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

"DYNAMIC" rear view monitor, ain't...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2006, 06:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'07 S550, '03 FXDWG
"DYNAMIC" rear view monitor, ain't...

Well, after nearly five days in the shop (and me slumming it comparatively in a C-Class loaner), I finally picked up my car with the repaired back-up camera. Only to have it do the same problem (screen is black but warns to check all surroundings) before I even got home. Damn.

I'm not looking for suggestions. I'm just venting. I know it'll get fixed. But driving a loaner car for so long only to have the same problem occur is VERY frustrating!!
Old 06-17-2006, 09:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2011 E350 Cabriolet..White and Almond Mocha
Originally Posted by JAdmiral
Well, after nearly five days in the shop (and me slumming it comparatively in a C-Class loaner), I finally picked up my car with the repaired back-up camera. Only to have it do the same problem (screen is black but warns to check all surroundings) before I even got home. Damn.

I'm not looking for suggestions. I'm just venting. I know it'll get fixed. But driving a loaner car for so long only to have the same problem occur is VERY frustrating!!
Frustrating to say the least J...sounds like the camera is bad. Makes you wonder what the service people do to test their work. Hope it is resolved for you in short order...ping on the Service Manager.
Old 06-18-2006, 10:41 AM
Almost a Member!

2005 CLS350 (lemon)
I know how you feel. I had an srs warning light and was called on five separate occasions to pick my car up only to get in and have the light come up every time. Makes you wonder how thorough they are for things like this to happen. I think they just plug into the diagnostic, do the repair it tells them to and end of story. They don't even bother to check their own work.

At least you have a C, I was stuck in an A170 for eight weeks, fingers crossed they get it right this time! You should send them an invoice for your wasted time!
Old 06-18-2006, 05:46 PM

'07 S550, '03 FXDWG
Originally Posted by SydBenz
I know how you feel. I had an srs warning light and was called on five separate occasions to pick my car up only to get in and have the light come up every time. Makes you wonder how thorough they are for things like this to happen. I think they just plug into the diagnostic, do the repair it tells them to and end of story. They don't even bother to check their own work.

At least you have a C, I was stuck in an A170 for eight weeks, fingers crossed they get it right this time! You should send them an invoice for your wasted time!
Hey that A170 looks pretty cool! Though nothing substitutes for the S. I'm going to ask for at least an M or E class and see what I get. I mean... you JUST buy a $100k car, you'd think they'd have that in mind when giving you a loaner!

Stay tuned...
Old 06-18-2006, 06:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
CLS55AMG-MKB, R500
Man that sucks! I feel for you bro-I say force them to give you a CLS loaner or something like it
Old 06-19-2006, 11:58 AM

McLaren 570S, G12 BMW 750Li, GLE63s AMG Coupe
SydBenz....what dealership is servicing your car?
Old 06-21-2006, 08:43 AM
Almost a Member!

2005 CLS350 (lemon)
The Airport Express Location is servicing the car. I took it there as the original problem occured when I got into the car after a flight. Not sure in hindsight if that was such a great decision, but as it was an airbag problem i didn't want to drive it very far. However, the NSW head technician is the person looking after it now.

I've been told that they have installed new software for the engine and the transmission and that it has improved the problems. However, it seems strange that they wouldn't have done that when I first complained of the problem. Im heading there Thursday to test drive it and see if it is in fact fixed.
Old 06-21-2006, 09:36 AM

McLaren 570S, G12 BMW 750Li, GLE63s AMG Coupe
Hope it all gets sorted out....good luck. let us know if they finally fixed the problem. In total how many weeks have you been without the car?
Old 06-21-2006, 12:27 PM

1998 ML320; 2005 Audi A6; 2006 Honda Pilot
You guys are too funny...

Originally Posted by AMGBOY1
Man that sucks! I feel for you bro-I say force them to give you a CLS loaner or something like it
Today I was given a Hyundai Sonata with a dirty interior, no floor mats and a 1/4 tank of gas! They do ask you what MB you left there but the two guys in line in front of me with an E and a CLK did no better. Next time I'll tell them a brand new S and see what I get!
Old 06-22-2006, 07:43 AM
Almost a Member!

2005 CLS350 (lemon)
Originally Posted by dr.skp.ortho
Hope it all gets sorted out....good luck. let us know if they finally fixed the problem. In total how many weeks have you been without the car?
Got the car back today, seems to have been fixed but only time will tell. In total its been 14 weeks in the first nine months.

Check out my post under NO AIRBAGS! in the CLS forum for a summary of the entire saga.
Old 06-24-2006, 01:49 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
S 550 New Model MY 06
sorry to hear that
i had my main cluster black out the day i got the car.