S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

badgeing ?????= hate. ??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 05:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mymbonline
Talking

what the hell

what happened to all the fighting and negativity

Old 12-01-2006, 06:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E550 4MATIC
Wow I guess some people have too much time on their hands to be debating this at such length. I find most of the "upgrades" (rims, tints, blacked out lights, lowering, etc.) that I see on this site to be in poor taste, I prefer the stock look.

To be perfectly honest I don't see ANY modified Mercedes around where I live (wealthy area), but if I drive through one of the poorer areas of this state, I will see nothing but modified luxury cars. IMO, modded cars=tacky.

I guess its a big regional difference too, since it seems like all the people on the west coast modify their cars.
Old 12-01-2006, 09:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
if you modify "properly" you will have a better car (looks/performance), even mb's can be imroved.

Originally Posted by pmb600
Wow I guess some people have too much time on their hands to be debating this at such length. I find most of the "upgrades" (rims, tints, blacked out lights, lowering, etc.) that I see on this site to be in poor taste, I prefer the stock look.

To be perfectly honest I don't see ANY modified Mercedes around where I live (wealthy area), but if I drive through one of the poorer areas of this state, I will see nothing but modified luxury cars. IMO, modded cars=tacky.

I guess its a big regional difference too, since it seems like all the people on the west coast modify their cars.
Old 12-01-2006, 09:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E550 4MATIC
Originally Posted by AMG_55
if you modify "properly" you will have a better car (looks/performance), even mb's can be imroved.
I know there are tasteful ways, and I realize I'm definately in the minority here, but I just prefer cars stock.
Old 12-01-2006, 09:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML63 AMG
Well that depends on what you mean by "stock cars" -- I mean AMG is a mod, hence while you might not consider the S550 stock as a modified car, it is and it looks much better!

No AMG Mod:

With AMG Mod:

That's weird, you have luxury cars in poor areas in New Jersey???

Tee_Tz.
Old 12-01-2006, 09:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E550 4MATIC
Originally Posted by tee_tz
Well that depends on what you mean by "stock cars" -- I mean AMG is a mod, hence while you might not consider the S550 stock as a modified car, it is and it looks much better!

No AMG Mod:

With AMG Mod:

That's weird, you have luxury cars in poor areas in New Jersey???

Tee_Tz.
Well I would consider an MB with a factory AMG sport package stock yes. I don't mind that S600 you show from Glauser either because MB is being stupid in not offering an AMG sport package for the S600 this year.

As far as the comment on the luxury cars in NJ, I'm not sure if you are agreeing with me or think that comment is crazy. To clairify: I go to Seton Hall which is in South Orange. South Orange is an ok town, but some of the towns around it (Newark, Orange, East Orange) are Ghetto with a capital G. And yes, there are TONS of modded luxury cars in those towns, don't ask me why. I think we all know that anyone can get a nice car these days, whethere they lease or finance or whatever or maybe they just devote most of their money to their car and save by living in crappy areas like that. Sorry if these comments seem snobby, but they are just my observations, not passing judgement.
Old 12-01-2006, 10:19 PM

05 CLK 320
Originally Posted by AsianML
Not really. I drive the ML and a minivan most of the time. I'm used to the big size.

So you like Big Size huh ummm very interesting ...... lol
Old 12-01-2006, 10:25 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 E63
Man I've been setting myself up lately.

I like big *****. There, that better?
Old 12-01-2006, 11:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 BMW X3M Comp
Originally Posted by TeutonicCarFan
Hey ***** we are all just stating our opinion, no one really cares what you end up doing with the badge. If you feel the need to try to 'make fun' of me because I don't drive 100k dollar car that is your prerogative, which explains why you have to put the AMG badge on the back of your car, because you feel like you have to show off and you are insecure. I however am not, I drive a 25k dollar Jetta and I LOVE the car, sure I would like an S but I am school right now and then I have years of professional school/residency/fellowships ahead of me so I will not be able to get one for awhile. IMO (you realize that means 'IN MY OPINION', not if you don't do what I say God will strike you down) dump the badge, it is lame and detracts from the curves of the car.
My opinion on the badge is mostly aesthetics because I think the car looks cleaner without any badges. The argument that there is a badge on the engine is silly it makes no sense. To clarify AMG is a TUNING company and it also makes body kits, rims, etc. The root of AMG, IMO (do I have to tell you again what that stands for?) is for sporting pursuits, which includes items such as ENGINE, brakes, suspension, transmission, LSD, etc. The AMG Sport package (the one on your S class) includes AMG styling, not tuning, which is why I would not want the badge. To me the badge symbolizes tuning that pushes the car into the upper echelon of performance, but also has nice body kits. Not the other way around.
I generally wouldn't spend the time saying this because it doesn't matter to you, as you are obsessed with trying to show people you have money, presenting yourself in a false way, and trying to make other people feel bad because they don't have as much money as you. Well I don't feel bad and I am sorry for you, I am just stating this for the sensible people in this forum who are wondering why I don't like the badge.

P.S. Living in an upper class community (my father does well for himself) the people who have real money, and the ones who get respect don't brag about what they have or present something in a way to make it look like a 190k when it is not.

P.P.S. Did you ever wonder, since your argument for having the badge is that you have AMG equipment on your car, why the car didn't come from the factory with the badge on the back?
+3

Well said
Old 12-02-2006, 02:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML63 AMG
pmb600 - Yeah, showing the S600 with the AMG kit was the whole point. Someone can buy it and go add an AMG Kit, I figure that's a mod. I mean it's not offer by the factory but you can do it and it makes your car much better! Even if you add a TV turner to your NAV (without changing the look, just adding the capability) these are all mods, so it's kind of unfair to say mods are untasteful. I mean, Mercedes makes great cars, but it's up to you to add your personal touch. Just my opinion.

Your comment about the people who live in Newark, South Orange, etc., I was being sarcastic. While I'm sure (or hope) you're not a snobby person, I can't knock someone who buys (or leases) an S550, or 750i, or whatever, cause hey -- why hate on them? It's their priorities in life to drive a nice car, even if they have to live in the ghetto to do so... I'm not saying I would do it or it's a smart thing to do, but the point of life is to enjoy it, so let them live. Anyway, I don't wanna seem like one of those people -- cause I'd rather live at my place and drive a C-Class than lease an S550 and live in ghetto, but as you said you aren't passing judgement so it's cool.

Tee_Tz.
Old 12-15-2006, 06:32 PM

S430
Couple of things...

Snoopdizil, good work on financially being stable to buy the S550. I consider myself fortunate as well being in the 20's. People tend to go against so much more easily, but thats just the nature of it. Since getting my CL, I've noticed hate a lot more often. For example, purposely being cut off all the time by people that look to be in my age group... just for driving down the road.

I on the other hand don't have a 2nd car, I'm curious as to why you bought an S550. I had a W220 before this CL, and what a difference. My brother is 32 and just bought an S550 and while his car is absolutely amazing, I'd still take my car. With the money I'm guessing you paid for this and it being a car you don't drive everyday, you could've easily gotten a Ferrari or exotic of that sort.

My Brabus CL500 came with the 55 Badge. I took it off and replaced it with 500. But what people don't know is what's under the hood and I'm pretty confident I can keep up with a 55, it just being a CL500 makes it deceiving the other way around. I like it..
Attached Thumbnails badgeing ?????=  hate. ??-img_0545.jpg  
Old 12-18-2006, 02:22 PM

^
Old 12-18-2006, 04:47 PM

CLK500 2003, S 600 Model 2007
Simple: none

Old 12-19-2006, 12:25 PM
Almost a Member!

S 550 AMG
Originally Posted by tgood
Couple of things...

Snoopdizil, good work on financially being stable to buy the S550. I consider myself fortunate as well being in the 20's. People tend to go against so much more easily, but thats just the nature of it. Since getting my CL, I've noticed hate a lot more often. For example, purposely being cut off all the time by people that look to be in my age group... just for driving down the road.

I on the other hand don't have a 2nd car, I'm curious as to why you bought an S550. I had a W220 before this CL, and what a difference. My brother is 32 and just bought an S550 and while his car is absolutely amazing, I'd still take my car. With the money I'm guessing you paid for this and it being a car you don't drive everyday, you could've easily gotten a Ferrari or exotic of that sort.

My Brabus CL500 came with the 55 Badge. I took it off and replaced it with 500. But what people don't know is what's under the hood and I'm pretty confident I can keep up with a 55, it just being a CL500 makes it deceiving the other way around. I like it..
I totally agree that I could've bought another "exotic" instead of the S class but i consider the S550 to be among the exotics. You see, I'm in the real estate and mortgage loan business...It would be mighty difficult to show property to a client in a Modena don't ya think...haha...plus thats not what I was lookin for. I LOVE the 550...I THINK it's the hottest car out on the streets right now...as I said, my Cadillac is my everyday car. Go to the store, mall, friends or family house...I would hate to put miles on my 550...

BTW...since I realy hadn't "broken in" my engine, I had no idea what you guys were talkin about. The other night I was like F this brake in junk im gonna test my car. So i steadily got on the gas and before I knew it I was at 125...OMFG...iv'e never experinced such comfort at that speed...realy felt like 65
Old 12-19-2006, 06:35 PM
Banned

cl500-o5, s500 sedan-o4, new s550 sedan
snoopy.... no doubt, it is VERY 65ish.....i could not imagine what a S65 actually feels like, when the 550 is that freakin powerful.
Old 12-19-2006, 11:14 PM

2005 ML 500SE, 1999 Blown F-1
Exclamation

Adding AMG badges or any other badges to a car is just straight up gay. If it didnt come from the factory with the AMG badge its not an AMG....I dont give a **** if it has an AMG kit or rims....ITS NOT AN AMG. And the same goes for people changing the badges to make it look like they got the better model. If your that insecure about what ya bought then you should just end yourself.
Old 12-20-2006, 12:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2 SL with every Brabus mods available & Class A competition sound system
what wrong putting fake crap on your car.....
Old 12-20-2006, 12:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2 SL with every Brabus mods available & Class A competition sound system
I think it look much better now......
Old 12-20-2006, 09:01 PM
Almost a Member!

S 550 AMG
Originally Posted by Blown 330
Adding AMG badges or any other badges to a car is just straight up gay. If it didnt come from the factory with the AMG badge its not an AMG....I dont give a **** if it has an AMG kit or rims....ITS NOT AN AMG. And the same goes for people changing the badges to make it look like they got the better model. If your that insecure about what ya bought then you should just end yourself.

Adding a supercharger to a pick up up truck is gay. If it didn't come with a blower from the dealer than it shouldn't be supercharged. Particpating in a forum coversation where you have no business in is also gay. Who the **** are you to judge?
Old 12-23-2006, 01:55 PM

2005 ML 500SE, 1999 Blown F-1
Originally Posted by snoopdizil
Adding a supercharger to a pick up up truck is gay. If it didn't come with a blower from the dealer than it shouldn't be supercharged. Particpating in a forum coversation where you have no business in is also gay. Who the **** are you to judge?
There is nothing wrong with adding mods to a car as long as you don't mis represent what it is. Yea I own a fast truck, it will probably spank you S 550 fake AMG. And who the **** gave you the right to tell me where I can post and I cant post, you dont like what I got to say, eat a dick I dont give a ****. And who am I to judge? I can judge whatever the **** I damn please. The whole point of a place like this is so people can post their opinions, you dont like my opinion on your **** box than **** off.
Old 01-02-2007, 08:44 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 Sienna SE, 01 S500, 05 LS430 UL
This has been discussed several times.

People can do whatever they want to their car, just like this guy

BTW, the rims are stock 16's, no amg kit, add-on instant amg quad exhausts, and thank goodness no kompressor badges.

Do the oil change cost more for the amg model? That's what the dealer should charge this guy

Happy New Year everyone.
I hope this lightens the mood here
Old 01-03-2007, 05:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
Originally Posted by tgood
Couple of things...

why are youre rear tires so narrow?

no n/a v8 brabus will keep up w/ a 55k
Old 01-03-2007, 05:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
Originally Posted by snoopdizil

adding a s/c to a pink bug is less gay than adding an amg badge to a non amg car
Old 01-03-2007, 10:48 AM

2007 ML320 CDI, 2008 Smart ForTwo
This whole thread is sooooo much wasted time and energy..................... I could not even get through the first page
Old 01-03-2007, 06:11 PM
Almost a Member!

S 550 AMG
Originally Posted by AMG_55

adding a s/c to a pink bug is less gay than adding an amg badge to a non amg car
Driving your mom's porsche is pretty queer too IMO...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: badgeing ?????= hate. ??