S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

badgeing ?????= hate. ??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 02:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by glomar83
first, anybody can post in whatever forum they want even if they dont have the car that that forum refers to, or any car for that matter. just be an enthusiast
second, you dont have to have the fastest, most expensive, nicest, or "best" car to make you a better person than someone else. maybach owners can kick it with c230k owners.
third, people are supposed to give their opinions on forums. people are gonna tell you your car looks gay. they're gonna tell you your car looks sweet. there is some scientific, technical stuff. most of it is subjective though. dont tell people not to give their opinion if you post something.

my opinion (and dont be a smartass and say you dont care what my opinion is because everybody has one...) is that you shouldnt badge a non amg car as amg. the s550 is an awesome car, i would trade my amg for snoop's s550 (minus the amg badge) if $$$$ wasn't a factor. the amg badge takes away from it. put amg rims, body kits, valve stem caps, seats, and anything else amg on your car that you want. just dont put the badge on, it is the worst "mod" ever. i consider it a lie.

IF YOU HAVE AN S550 WITH AN AMG BADGE, YOU DONT USE THE W221 AMG FORUM AS YOUR "HOME" FORUM, YOU USE THIS FORUM. WHY? BECAUSE YOU KNOW YOUR CAR IS NOT AN AMG.

P.S. no offense snoop, but your car has been a huge topic in this thread so i used it as an EXAMPLE ONLY. pretend i was talking about a random amg badged s550 or e350 or cls 550 if you felt i was directing this at you.

X3
Old 01-17-2007, 04:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by glomar83
first, anybody can post in whatever forum they want even if they dont have the car that that forum refers to, or any car for that matter. just be an enthusiast
second, you dont have to have the fastest, most expensive, nicest, or "best" car to make you a better person than someone else. maybach owners can kick it with c230k owners.
third, people are supposed to give their opinions on forums. people are gonna tell you your car looks gay. they're gonna tell you your car looks sweet. there is some scientific, technical stuff. most of it is subjective though. dont tell people not to give their opinion if you post something.

my opinion (and dont be a smartass and say you dont care what my opinion is because everybody has one...) is that you shouldnt badge a non amg car as amg. the s550 is an awesome car, i would trade my amg for snoop's s550 (minus the amg badge) if $$$$ wasn't a factor. the amg badge takes away from it. put amg rims, body kits, valve stem caps, seats, and anything else amg on your car that you want. just dont put the badge on, it is the worst "mod" ever. i consider it a lie.

IF YOU HAVE AN S550 WITH AN AMG BADGE, YOU DONT USE THE W221 AMG FORUM AS YOUR "HOME" FORUM, YOU USE THIS FORUM. WHY? BECAUSE YOU KNOW YOUR CAR IS NOT AN AMG.

P.S. no offense snoop, but your car has been a huge topic in this thread so i used it as an EXAMPLE ONLY. pretend i was talking about a random amg badged s550 or e350 or cls 550 if you felt i was directing this at you.

couldnt agree more.

AS far as snoopdizil, The thing that you dont understand, is that there are a lot of people in this Forum who actually own and have owned REAL AMG cars before you even knew what AMG was. These people are trying to help you, not neccesarily talk ****, by telling you the truth. That rebadging a S550 Sport into S550 AMG, is just plain childish. Rather than being so defensive, Understand that everybody here, and I do mean everybody, is trying to prevent you from looking like a fool any longer.

I cant wait until one of your real-estate clients that actually knows anything about Mercedes, sees that badge, that alone will make you lose the deal. They will think your immature.

Notice how most of the people that disagreed with the badge actually own a real AMG. We are all here to help you not look like the tacky 21 year old everyone expects you to be. Take the badge off, I promise it will still look as good, and people wont think less of you beacuse of it.

So, stop being so Stubborn , and take some advice from your elders, They know more.