S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600
View Poll Results: Too many orders or not enough parts?
Too many orders
11.11%
Not enough parts
88.89%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Too many orders - not enough parts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 09:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'07 S550w/AMG AndGryw/prem.grey leath4matic Night Vision Distronic ,08 ML 350, YUKON XL,'71 ChevPU
Originally Posted by eddietr
Wow, how long ago did you place the order? Sounds like you got quick turnaround.

Did you get the rear seat package or ABC?

I think different dealers are reporting different options as being in short supply. Last I heard this week was that the drive dynamic seats are in short supply. I also heard there was a shortage of ABC and rear trunk closer. And now the rear view camera according to your dealer. The first dealer I talked to said it would be very difficult to get an order in with the rear side window blinds. Who knows?

Well, it sounds like you found the right dealer to get this done in a reasonable timeframe, though! Congrats!
Thanks. I ordered 2 weeks ago. I did not get the ABC or rear seat package. It is big enough back there.....I don't want them too comfortable. I traded the heated steering wheel ( I bought a pair of gloves) and the side shades for premium leather......pretty much an even trade.
Another post from someone much more knowledgeable than I, said the dealership has to have a PO on file in order to order a car. Otherwise they have to wait until they can get one and that could take months. My dealership had a bunch apparently and since they have various options already on their orders you can "grab" one with the options you like and change it to your specks. If it doesn't have all of the options you would like and you request one not originally "ordered", that is when you run into the glitch. They (MB) have allocated the options to the PO cars but "new" PO's are subject to parts availability. Being married to a German I understand these people! Forget about changing them. Even Lexus couldn't. I think since Schremp left and Dr. Z showed up things are better but need to go much further............don't hold your breath. Good luck on your car. I can't wait for mine to be born and delivered now that it has been conceived. Nothing like being a kid again, huh?
V V