S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Designo Graphite Interior Color 2007 S550

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 07:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB S63 08 Iridium Silver, Panoramic roof, Distronic Plus
Designo Graphite Interior Color 2007 S550

I can't find actual pictures of interior of designo graphite with Carteccia Napa Leather...I am not sure what shade of gray and how it looks in daylight. MBUSA web pics are difficult to appreciate true color. Any thoughts or pics?
Old 03-20-2007, 09:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 320 Likes on 236 Posts
'19 E63S sedan
This is not great way to see how the color will look in the car, but you can see how the color compares to other grays here:

http://www2.mercedes-benz.co.uk/cont...holstery0.html
Old 03-20-2007, 10:53 AM

Thanks... though would still love to see actual images. It is difficult to appreciate color on those "swatches"
Old 03-20-2007, 06:52 PM

2011 BMW 750 Individual, 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Arctic Edition
I have a Designo Mocha. The interior is 100% different from what is shown in the brochure (to my hapiness). I would ask to see customer photos, or the real care if possible.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:17 AM

I have seen the Mocha... quite beautiful and apparently ordered by well known fashionistas in NY... looking for Designo Graphite... since slightly less "colorful" (interior) and have Panoramic Roof ordered (prefer offset color)... Would appreciate more "user photos"... of Designo graphite Interior
Old 03-21-2007, 03:26 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Designo pictures

This was a Designo Graphite car we had here several months ago. It was a true Designo car, not one of the Launch editions with the Designo Graphite Paint only.
Hope this helps, if you want many pics send me your email address to
gweiler@mbwestminster.com.

Thank you,

Greg Weiler

Last edited by mbwestminster; 06-29-2007 at 09:23 PM.
Old 03-21-2007, 04:22 PM
Almost a Member!

S 550 AMG
Originally Posted by 2007sclass.com
This was a Designo Graphite car we had here several months ago. It was a true Designo car, not one of the Launch editions with the Designo Graphite Paint only.

Thank you,

Greg Weiler
Why does this car have a place to insert to key instead of the ignition button?
Old 03-21-2007, 04:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E550 4MATIC
Originally Posted by snoopdizil
The Keyless Go button can be removed and the key can be used for normal operation.
Old 03-21-2007, 04:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2024 S580 | 2024 Escalade ESV Sport Plat | 2022 X5M Competition
Originally Posted by snoopdizil
You can pull the button out and put in the key.
Old 03-22-2007, 02:46 AM

06' E500 Estate, '08 S65, '05 S430

Thank you,

Greg Weiler
Wow, that is really nice!

Bummer. I want the same kind of thing with Black carpet and Savannah leather.

J
Old 03-22-2007, 03:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E550 4MATIC
Originally Posted by jeffreyy
Wow, that is really nice!

Bummer. I want the same kind of thing with Black carpet and Savannah leather.

J
What you are describing is the Launch edition. The car had designo Graphite paint and a two-tone interior with Black on the upper dash/carpet and then savannah leather on the seats and lower dash.
Old 03-22-2007, 07:15 AM

Greg

Many thanks...this is extremely helpful and appreciated

Robert

Thank you,

Greg Weiler
Old 03-22-2007, 07:24 AM

2011 Hyundai Elantra GLS
Originally Posted by ///MB
You can pull the button out and put in the key.
This has puzzled me since the very beginning. What do you make of the button when you take it out and insent the key? Where do you store it? Seems like a lot of trouble to go to. If you loose the button, then you essentially loose the feature, is it not so?
Old 03-22-2007, 11:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E550 4MATIC
Originally Posted by Ferri
This has puzzled me since the very beginning. What do you make of the button when you take it out and insent the key? Where do you store it? Seems like a lot of trouble to go to. If you loose the button, then you essentially loose the feature, is it not so?
The button is simply a piece of plastic, if you were to lose it, you can just order another one. And as far as where to store it...anywhere. Put it in the glove box. I can't imagine that you would need to remove it often, but I am glad that they made it this way.

When we go into New York, my family usually parks in the Port Authority parking lot right when you get out of the Lincoln tunnel. For some reason, keyless entry systems do not work in the structure. My dad has a Cadillac STS with their form of Keyless Go, but it has no option to start with the key like Mercedes. Every time we come back to the car, the keyless start does not work in the parking garage, and it makes starting the car a big problem. So I am glad that Mercedes has chosen to keep the traditionall key start if it is needed.
Old 03-22-2007, 02:53 PM

2011 Hyundai Elantra GLS
Originally Posted by pmb600
The button is simply a piece of plastic, if you were to lose it, you can just order another one. And as far as where to store it...anywhere. Put it in the glove box. I can't imagine that you would need to remove it often, but I am glad that they made it this way.

When we go into New York, my family usually parks in the Port Authority parking lot right when you get out of the Lincoln tunnel. For some reason, keyless entry systems do not work in the structure. My dad has a Cadillac STS with their form of Keyless Go, but it has no option to start with the key like Mercedes. Every time we come back to the car, the keyless start does not work in the parking garage, and it makes starting the car a big problem. So I am glad that Mercedes has chosen to keep the traditionall key start if it is needed.
Still not as ingenious as the previous generation S class. I have an immovable button on top of the shift knob and there is no fuss with removable plastics, which in a sense cheapen the whole concept. Also, I have the option to use the keyfob anytime I choose to. A better placement for the [immovable] button on the 221 would have been smack in the middle of the button rows on the dash (close to where the v12 sign goes on the 600 and 65 models, or on the floor console [even better, this car not having a console mounted shifter--the button would give the perception that you are still using this space for an important activity, starting the engine).
Old 03-23-2007, 03:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E550 4MATIC
Still not as ingenious as the previous generation S class. I have an immovable button on top of the shift knob and there is no fuss with removable plastics, which in a sense cheapen the whole concept. Also, I have the option to use the keyfob anytime I choose to. A better placement for the [immovable] button on the 221 would have been smack in the middle of the button rows on the dash (close to where the v12 sign goes on the 600 and 65 models, or on the floor console [even better, this car not having a console mounted shifter--the button would give the perception that you are still using this space for an important activity, starting the engine).
Yeah i agree that I prefer a regular old fashioned shifter. I HATE that new stupid thing on the steering column, reminds me of my grandparents Buick.
Old 03-23-2007, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by pmb600
Yeah i agree that I prefer a regular old fashioned shifter. I HATE that new stupid thing on the steering column, reminds me of my grandparents Buick.
So I've always wondered what happened there? Did BMW do that first and then Mercedes followed suit? I know the E65 came out before the 221, but I wonder if Mercedes showed a concept car earlier with this or something.

And how did it come to be that both cars have exactly the same operation? In for park, up to the detente for N, past for R, etc.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:27 AM

2011 Hyundai Elantra GLS
I am affraid the BMW was the pioneer on this and, for a change, MB had to "bum" the concept.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:31 AM

2011 Hyundai Elantra GLS
Originally Posted by Taurian
I have a Designo Mocha. The interior is 100% different from what is shown in the brochure (to my hapiness). I would ask to see customer photos, or the real care if possible.
It is so stupid that MBUSA still shows the aramagnac leather color and wrong (standard) seat design in the description of the designo packages, when in fact the color is light brown, and the seats come with the vertical pipes and designo emblem on the backrest. I would think they would pay more attention to a tool that is used to shop for such a premium product.

By the way, are designo style seats standard on the S600? It is so in Europe, but then again, those guys get a whole lot more options, although far less standard equipment.
Old 03-23-2007, 12:39 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
It is my understanding the designo style interior will become std on the S600 with MY08. This will be similar to the interior already in the CL600 which is analog to the designo cars.
Old 03-23-2007, 02:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E550 4MATIC
I am affraid the BMW was the pioneer on this and, for a change, MB had to "bum" the concept.
Yes a shame Mercedes had to copy this bad idea. I guess it was to make room for the COMAND controler knob and the iDrive. At least the COMAND system works far better than the iDrive. Audi has manged to keep both a traditional shifter and the controller for their MMI system.
Old 03-23-2007, 02:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E550 4MATIC
It is so stupid that MBUSA still shows the aramagnac leather color and wrong (standard) seat design in the description of the designo packages, when in fact the color is light brown, and the seats come with the vertical pipes and designo emblem on the backrest. I would think they would pay more attention to a tool that is used to shop for such a premium product.

By the way, are designo style seats standard on the S600? It is so in Europe, but then again, those guys get a whole lot more options, although far less standard equipment.
Agreed. For a company that markets itself to be "unlike any other" they sure get the details wrong a lot. They even had the perfect opportunity to correct this because when the 4Matic came out they printed new brochures and they could have updated the pic then.