S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Television, please help.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 09:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 S550
Television, please help.

I just recently purchased a brand new 221 with the DVD Cd Changer. What good is a DvD changer if you cant watch T.V.? What are the options of having an original LCD television installed? I would ask the dealer but I would probably get better response from here.

Last edited by momsph; 06-28-2007 at 09:59 AM.
Old 06-29-2007, 07:31 AM
PREMIUM SPONSOR

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
ML350, Lotus Elise
Originally Posted by momsph
I just recently purchased a brand new 221 with the DVD Cd Changer. What good is a DvD changer if you cant watch T.V.? What are the options of having an original LCD television installed? I would ask the dealer but I would probably get better response from here.
when you say TV do you mean that you want to watch dvd's on the front screen or in the back... or do you want to watch actual tv stations on the front screen or the back... or both? because you can have any or all of those things done... its just a matter or particular pricing which goes from a few hundred to a few thousand depending on exactly what you want...
Old 06-30-2007, 07:11 AM

2007 S550
Yep, t.v. as in to watch DVDs with. But I want an original or OEM equipment, not an aftermarket one. I have a driver, so I would prefer to have it installed at the back. Like the 220's, where they have the television as an option.
Old 06-30-2007, 08:19 AM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
You might want to update your location. Right now your posting from a different country than what your profile location says. If you want good and accurate info you have to let the board members know.

P.S.
If you are native to that country you probably have been exposed to some factory options in the past that are not available over here.
Old 06-30-2007, 09:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2007 S600
Originally Posted by amdeutsch
You might want to update your location. Right now your posting from a different country than what your profile location says. If you want good and accurate info you have to let the board members know.

P.S.
If you are native to that country you probably have been exposed to some factory options in the past that are not available over here.
Thanks to lawyers , common sense in the U.S. has been abandoned and we can't have the simple pleasures in life. I find a cell phone more distracting than a T.V. on my console. I would mostly be listening to a movie or the local T.V. station news broadcast than actually watching it.
Old 07-01-2007, 06:58 AM
PREMIUM SPONSOR

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
ML350, Lotus Elise
Originally Posted by momsph
Yep, t.v. as in to watch DVDs with. But I want an original or OEM equipment, not an aftermarket one. I have a driver, so I would prefer to have it installed at the back. Like the 220's, where they have the television as an option.

there is no oem option specifically for the new S class as far as rear LCD goes. there are a couple of options though... im not sure what your flexibility on oem is but there are aftermarket headrest LCD monitors that are factory-matched to the mercedes interior using leather from the mercedes supplier. integrating this type of aftermarket solution if very straightforward and is aesthetically excellent.

if you really want an oem option retrofit the maybach entertainment system into the S-class, giving you essentially the identical system that a maybach has in the rear area. this sort of installation would be non-trivial and require some custom electronics be engineered to interface with the vehicle network.

as i said, either solution can be done; the aftermarket system can be installed locally to you as there are quite a few very good integrators in CA. the maybach system would require some advance planning (the parts have to be special ordered from germany). pricing varies widely between the two as well... the aftermarket system is about $2500 installed, the maybach system about 10x that (dealer cost on the parts alone are > $10K)
Old 07-07-2007, 02:13 AM
Almost a Member!

1984 300 D // 1995 Lexus ES300 // 1998 S320 // 2000 S500 // 2006 Lexus LS430 // 2007 Ford Expedition
I have had TV's installed into every vehicle I have owned because it really helps with any kids in the back...with that said, my suggestion is to go to an accredited auto shop wherever you are and have them installed. my experience has shown that the aftermarket (when done properly, with the right equipment) is actually better than the OEM systems.

If you want any suggestions for a TV system, I can make some suggestions since I am planning my upgrades for when my 550 comes in.

Trending Topics

Old 07-07-2007, 02:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
G63 AMG, SL65 AMG, CLS550, S550, Tesla Model S Performance, Challenger SRT8
Originally Posted by MBProS320
I have had TV's installed into every vehicle I have owned because it really helps with any kids in the back...with that said, my suggestion is to go to an accredited auto shop wherever you are and have them installed. my experience has shown that the aftermarket (when done properly, with the right equipment) is actually better than the OEM systems.

If you want any suggestions for a TV system, I can make some suggestions since I am planning my upgrades for when my 550 comes in.
Agreed. I dont like ANY OEM TV systems... they seem so cheap.
Old 07-07-2007, 08:34 PM

2007 S550 2000 S430 and 2003 SL500 (for sale)
Hello,

I would like to get the entertainment installed for 2.5K where in CA do they do this can you please send me contact information.