S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Private Jet style work tables?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 08:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S600, GL450
Private Jet style work tables?

Hello everyone!

I am new to this forum and I have been reading the wealth of information here and I have a question. I have a 2008 S600 and I am looking for the fold out work tables that you see on jets in first and business class. I have wanted to get one for some time but I have been unable to find anything for an auto.

A friend of mine told me that he saw an S-Class with just such a folding table on this site but despite looking all over (Yes, I used the search button!) I cannot seem to find anything like it. To give an idea you can go to the Becker JetVan site (http://www.beckerautodes********/index.htm) and click on the video and It shows the exact table that I would love to have. I called Becker but they do not have anything that will fit the S.

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated, Thanks.
Old 11-07-2007, 08:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
beater with a heater
how about like this from Brabus?

Old 11-07-2007, 08:35 AM
Almost a Member!

2008 S class
Originally Posted by Skycatcher
Hello everyone!

I am new to this forum and I have been reading the wealth of information here and I have a question. I have a 2008 S600 and I am looking for the fold out work tables that you see on jets in first and business class. I have wanted to get one for some time but I have been unable to find anything for an auto.

A friend of mine told me that he saw an S-Class with just such a folding table on this site but despite looking all over (Yes, I used the search button!) I cannot seem to find anything like it. To give an idea you can go to the Becker JetVan site (http://www.beckerautodes********/index.htm) and click on the video and It shows the exact table that I would love to have. I called Becker but they do not have anything that will fit the S.

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated, Thanks.

I think this might be what you're looking for:
Attached Thumbnails Private Jet style work tables?-table.jpg  
Old 11-07-2007, 08:39 AM
Almost a Member!

2008 S class
Your guy got the forum wrong... it was over here:

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w221...ml#post2612359
Old 11-07-2007, 08:52 AM

S600, GL450
Yes!

Thank you dmills and jbondox. That is exactly what i was looking for. The setup with the additional reclining seat is amazing. I always thought that the rear seats were just a bit too upright. I did not know that could even be done.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:03 AM
Almost a Member!

2008 S class
Originally Posted by Skycatcher
Yes!

Thank you dmills and jbondox. That is exactly what i was looking for. The setup with the additional reclining seat is amazing. I always thought that the rear seats were just a bit too upright. I did not know that could even be done.

That does look pretty comfortable. I especially like the idea of having all the radio controls in the back. I would love to have a setup like that.

Of course I would also love to have my own personal driver... maybe I could get the wife to drive me around
Old 11-07-2007, 09:11 AM

12 CLS550, 09 CLS550, 04Cooper,10 Cooper S
In europe, the rear seats can have a folding table. Here is the UK option:

Man. folding table in rear, fr. rt. seat backrest 620 GBP

Might be worthwile to see if you can order the parts and ship them. There is no picture (other than the diagram in the manual), but it is likely to be a better fit. The table from the benzworld thread looks like it was made from components found in someones basement.
Attached Images  
Old 11-07-2007, 09:25 AM

S600, GL450
Originally Posted by LETO
In europe, the rear seats can have a folding table. Here is the UK option:

Man. folding table in rear, fr. rt. seat backrest 620 GBP

Might be worthwile to see if you can order the parts and ship them. There is no picture (other than the diagram in the manual), but it is likely to be a better fit. The table from the benzworld thread looks like it was made from components found in someones basement.

Thanks LETO, I have seen the euro style trays before but I need the side aviation-style table as I keep the front passenger seat pushed all the way forward and I am having a 15" LCD monitor put in the seatback. I basically want a setup that is very similar to the jetvan with the small wireless keyboard and monitor.

I checked the thread and it looks like the setup is a prototype rather than a finished product. The guy mentions a whole bunch of changes being made like matching the wood which is personally the way that I would want it to look as well. I emailed the guy so hopefully they can tell me if they are actually building these things.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:55 AM

S600, GL450
For anyone interested I got a response. Here is what he said:

"the pictured console is a concept demonstrator that we used to work out the ergonomics and engineer the specialized components. the production console will look different from the pictured one in that it will be fluid and rounded much like the console is in front. the console will be covered in matched leather and accented in wood that matches your particular vehicle trim. the total storage space is increased from 0.15 cubic feet to 1.6 cubic feet. the table is solid oak covered in a veneer matched to your trim as well and coated in an epoxy lacquer. if you want we can even provide you with a solid piece of matching burl for the table surface assuming that there are no import restrictions on that species. the controls that you see on the console are a duplicate set of steering wheel controls that have been interfaced the command system. both the front and rear controls function. you also have the choice of having a duplicate i-drive control system instead or a 7" AMX touch screen system that will fully integrate *all* of the vehicle functions."

The one thing that they could not give me was a price. They are supposed to get back to me later today. Also they said that the car would have to go to them to do the work. They dont have any subsidiaries on the west coast.
Old 11-07-2007, 08:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 S600. 2005 Carrera GT. 2007 Range Rover SC. 2008 BMW X5. 1967 SS Chevelle.
I would be interested to see how they plan on integrating an AMX automation touch screen into the car's command. I just dont see how that is possible.

I also think the fold down tables from the front seats will be too far away for any real use. Tables would be best extending somehow from the center console but I think they look ugly in those pictures and I wouldnt want to lose the center seat.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
beater with a heater
Pretty cool setup Rob, I wonder how much a center console out of Maybach would be? j/k don't ask... probably the price of a KIA