S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

photos of s550 with sport package next to s550 without the sport package

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 07:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
photos of s550 with sport package next to s550 without the sport package

Can someone post a few pics of the s550 with and without the sport package. I am curious to see the difference side by side

Thanks
Old 05-01-2008, 11:04 AM
Out Of Control!!

monowiper
if you look in the gallery there's pix of both just not next to each other, but you can easily see the differences...
Old 05-01-2008, 06:27 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2007 E63
Originally Posted by Eurosport
if you look in the gallery there's pix of both just not next to each other, but you can easily see the differences...
You can do that. We have a lot of nice pictures in the picture thread.

You could also go on to ebaymotors.com and find two different S-Classes and compare the pictures.
Old 05-01-2008, 06:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2007 S600
If I didn't have my current car, I'd have chosen the S63 just because of the appearance package it offers as well as all of the other hidden goodies like better brakes and better handling , not to mention that great exhaust sound.
Old 05-01-2008, 07:41 PM
WSH
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 CL65
Originally Posted by trumpet1
If I didn't have my current car, I'd have chosen the S63 just because of the appearance package it offers as well as all of the other hidden goodies like better brakes and better handling , not to mention that great exhaust sound.

Trumpet, I have my doubts....

You're too much of a tq addict to ever step down to an under-tq'd 63 after driving 600....and the plasticky 63 interior would be quite a let down after 600....suspect 65 would be the only acceptable next car...
Old 05-01-2008, 08:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheels
Originally Posted by WSH

You're too much of a tq addict to ever step down to an under-tq'd 63 after driving 600....and the plasticky 63 interior would be quite a let down after 600....suspect 65 would be the only acceptable next car...
What the **** are you talking about? The S63 doesn't even have a plasticky interior man? Sure its not a CL like ours but its far from being plasticky.
Old 05-01-2008, 08:44 PM
WSH
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 CL65
Originally Posted by MB Fanatic
What the **** are you talking about? The S63 doesn't even have a plasticky interior man? Sure its not a CL like ours but its far from being plasticky.
As much as I enjoy my CL63 030, its interior (and that of S63 is notably worse) has plasticky, coarse-grained leather, esp on doors, dash, ctr console, steering wheel rim and airbag cover, etc....

600/65 interiors are IMO most elegant/ergonomic on planet today...though the codgerly wood steering wheels are a joke...

I suspect MB's inability to raise base MSRPs (e.g., MBUSA could only raise '09 SL63 base price by a trivial ?1.0% vs '08 SL55) prob forces cheap interior materials on US-spec cars...after all, US enjoys the world's cheapest cars, despite a depreciating dollar....

Perhaps when these AMG Perf Studios open in US later this yr we'll be able to spec our AMGs w/higher-grade or finer-grained leather, 030 wheels on 65s, cf interior trim/diffusers, etc....
Old 05-01-2008, 09:19 PM

BMW 550i
Originally Posted by WSH
As much as I enjoy my CL63 030, its interior (and that of S63 is notably worse) has plasticky, coarse-grained leather, esp on doors, dash, ctr console, steering wheel rim and airbag cover, etc....

600/65 interiors are IMO most elegant/ergonomic on planet today...though the codgerly wood steering wheels are a joke...

I suspect MB's inability to raise base MSRPs (e.g., MBUSA could only raise '09 SL63 base price by a trivial ?1.0% vs '08 SL55) prob forces cheap interior materials on US-spec cars...after all, US enjoys the world's cheapest cars, despite a depreciating dollar....

Perhaps when these AMG Perf Studios open in US later this yr we'll be able to spec our AMGs w/higher-grade or finer-grained leather, 030 wheels on 65s, cf interior trim/diffusers, etc....

Interesting news on the AMG Perf Studios ..where're your sources from if i may ask ?
Old 05-01-2008, 10:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheels
Expect them to open at your dealers most likely. I know Laguna Niguel had an entire dedicated building for AMG's, but its since been convered to a Smart dealership.
Old 05-01-2008, 10:01 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,435 Likes on 3,152 Posts
'71 Pinto
Originally Posted by Microstar
Interesting news on the AMG Perf Studios ..where're your sources from if i may ask ?
The opening of the AMG PERFORMANCE STUDIO in 2006 marked the start of a new initiative to appeal to customers on a most individual level. In addition to the AMG high-performance cars available through the global Mercedes-Benz sales organisation, the PERFORMANCE STUDIO develops and produces special series of AMG vehicles in exclusive numbers. Offered as the Signature Series, Black Series and Editions, these uniquely special models stand out by virtue of their outstanding handling, race-track capability, distinctive technical and visual features or their exclusive equipment details, depending on the particular model in question. Apart from the new CLK 63 AMG Black Series, the latest product from the AMG PERFORMANCE STUDIO is the SLK 55 AMG Black Series, a purist's lightweight version equipped with an AMG 5.5-litre V8 engine delivering 294 kW/400 hp, plus numerous components from the world of motorsport. As well as focussing on particularly compelling AMG vehicles, the AMG PERFORMANCE STUDIO also attends to customers' individual requests – a traditional forte of Mercedes-AMG. These special requirements can take the form of specific technical modifications, such as AMG sports suspension systems, AMG high-performance brake systems, AMG wheel/tyre combinations, limited-slip differentials and customised interior appointments, as well as bespoke one-off models.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/2060721....ormance-studio

http://www.mercedes-amg.com/ showroom – optional extras
Old 05-01-2008, 10:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2007 S600
Originally Posted by WSH

You've really got me figured out. I'm laughing right now because just before popping back on this forum, guess what I was doing?? Yep, you got it, I was looking at that white S65 AMG with the Renntech stuff on eBay! What a rush that would be to bring that baby home to the crib. I'm pretty sure the Renntech upgrades are for real from that dealership as he is just down the street from Renntech. I actually inquired with this guy a few days ago. What a slam for my car.....only would give me $85K on trade. Again, the dealers are their worst enemies as they are the ones that shut off the deals with insulting low bids on what are great cars and cars I'm sure they will turn around and mark up 15-20% from wholesale. I told him I could afford his car, the only problem was that he can't afford mine because I ain't letting it go for less $105K at the least.
Old 05-01-2008, 11:57 PM
WSH
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 CL65
Originally Posted by Microstar
Was recently mentioned on ?wards.com, w/quotes from AMG execs...various major dealers are being asked to set up showrooms...

P/F have been playing this game for past several yrs in US....inability to materially raise base MSRP, despite depreciating dollar, and instead offering a multitude of high profit margin options like leather, cf, ceramic brakes, etc etc...

My sense is MB/AMG wanted to simplify its offerings as it grappled w/its quality issues earlier in decade...now that new-gen S/CL have clearly shown superlative quality, AMG prob feels more comfortable offering more bespoke-spec options...

IMO, the Perf Studio showrooms are a colossal waste of money and infrastruc....would rather see capital invested in upscale trucking of $150K+ AMGs from port to dealer; well-trained techs who are focused on $150K+ AMGs; and swatches, paint chips, etc at dealer (or FedEx'd to custs) for custs to choose bespoke-spec stuff.....in US' litigious environment, no mfr will do one-off, major technical/perf customization of any car....nor would most smart repeat customers want to be R&D guinea pigs for some one-off modified car, esp if any systems fail at speed...would rather pay for interesting $15-20K optional 030 packages w/more precise steering/chassis/brake pedal feel/LSD/lighter, stronger wheels/upgraded brakes and max-perf tires, etc etc....