S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

I did it!! Silly me! Bought an S63 AMG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 11:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Originally Posted by AustinGuy
You mean as far as mine or yours? Got any pics of your car? Can't offer an opinion before seeing them.
Here is a pic of my ride:

Yes, those are nice but I'm a little gun shy I suppose, after my Brabus experience. Remember, the grass is always greener on the other side. What do those cost in the 20" btw? Staggered fittment? They better be.
Yes they are staggered, hub-centric, and have the fitment for the CLS. Price was around $1534, if I remember correctly.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 S63 2005 996 Turbo S, 2006 Sennia XLE Limited AWD
......I realized that stock looks the best - at least on AMG car. Not much else to do to it really. The engine's like a rocket and handling is great.

+1 I always like the stock AMG wheels.
Old 10-27-2008, 10:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Originally Posted by MBS63
+1 I always like the stock AMG wheels.
So, on my CLS above you think stock would look better than the Vossen 083's?
Old 10-27-2008, 02:58 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'09 S63 AMG
Originally Posted by bigben320e
Here is a pic of my ride:

Yes they are staggered, hub-centric, and have the fitment for the CLS. Price was around $1534, if I remember correctly.
Hhhmmm.......... okay, I see. I'm not a big fan of that style of AMG wheel - I thought they were like the one's on my S63.

I guess those Vossen's would look very nice on your car, but......... if I were you I'd want to see those Vossen's in person. Too much sales fluff to go on otherwise. I was VERY disappointed in Brabus - their rims looked spectacular on the web, not so much in reality.

Just my 2c.
Old 10-27-2008, 03:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hhhmmm.......... okay, I see. I'm not a big fan of that style of AMG wheel - I thought they were like the one's on my S63.

I guess those Vossen's would look very nice on your car, but......... if I were you I'd want to see those Vossen's in person. Too much sales fluff to go on otherwise. I was VERY disappointed in Brabus - their rims looked spectacular on the web, not so much in reality.

Just my 2c.
There lies the issue, no one as of yet his the Vossen. Atlanta Wheels does, but he told I cannot come and look at the rims, they only sell to retailers. That sucks, but he did say the rims were awesome in person. Thanks for the advice!
Old 10-28-2008, 11:23 AM

'09 S63 AMG
Originally Posted by bigben320e
There lies the issue, no one as of yet his the Vossen. Atlanta Wheels does, but he told I cannot come and look at the rims, they only sell to retailers. That sucks, but he did say the rims were awesome in person. Thanks for the advice!
I would not take that bologne from ANYONE, let alone someone who's sole purpose in life is to "sell" (be it potatoes or $5000 wheels).

Another thing to pay attention to is the threads on bad quality wheels. I think there was one recently on here about Sevas. Just some food for thought. In the event you do end up buying some wheels, make sure that the YOU are VERY comfortable with the installer and the service they provide. That is absolutely a must especially if it nullifies your MB warranty on the suspension and you get into a finger pointing situation betw. MB and the installer.

Last edited by AustinGuy; 10-28-2008 at 11:27 AM.
Old 10-28-2008, 02:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I would not take that bologne from ANYONE, let alone someone who's sole purpose in life is to "sell" (be it potatoes or $5000 wheels).

Another thing to pay attention to is the threads on bad quality wheels. I think there was one recently on here about Sevas. Just some food for thought. In the event you do end up buying some wheels, make sure that the YOU are VERY comfortable with the installer and the service they provide. That is absolutely a must especially if it nullifies your MB warranty on the suspension and you get into a finger pointing situation betw. MB and the installer.
I thought that was strange, but after talking with Discount Tire, and Butler Tire who are supplied by Atlanta Wheels, confirmed it was against Atl Wheels policy to show wheels to the public. Strange?

The guy was nice, friendly, went over intricate details that were non-biased with many brands, experiences, 3pc vs 1pc. He did mention about Sevas, and said I should stay away from non hub centric wheels. He referred me to the retail places they supplied to after that.

Good advice though. Discount tire has been pretty solid with the service for all my MB's and I have been dealing with them for some years.
Old 10-28-2008, 04:38 PM

'09 S63 AMG
Cool. Sounds like you have a plan now. Let us know what you narrow your choices down to