S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Does anyone else hate

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 11:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clk 500 2003
IMO i feel WSH can say whatever he wants some will like it some wouldn't can anyone highlight some of this really bad stuff so don't have to search through 900 + posts lol.
Old 10-01-2008, 12:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
Originally Posted by WSH
Hey guys, thanks for the kind words

Not clear what prompts a thread to attack this curmudgeonly WSH character....

Presumably, we're all here to chat about cars we enjoy....IMO, a forum w/o irreverent/sarcastic/brutally candid comments about cars (of any brand/model) is a waste of time...any car has strengths/weaknesses....not sure why some would take someone else's observations re: weaknesses of any car so personally....
WSH,

Could you post some pics please of the CL63 "030" and maybe some of the pos P and F-cars you have previously leased. That would get rid of my own doubts that you are anything but the new Clay J.

Have any of the members sticking up for WSH so vehemently met him in real life?
Old 10-01-2008, 01:32 PM

2011 Hyundai Elantra GLS
Originally Posted by Carl Lassiter
WSH,

Could you post some pics please of the CL63 "030" and maybe some of the pos P and F-cars you have previously leased. That would get rid of my own doubts that you are anything but the new Clay J.

Have any of the members sticking up for WSH so vehemently met him in real life?
Yeah, good luck! Let me save WSH some work here and enter his answer:

Rtrn/Divnd on me photgphn my F/P/MB/AMGs is ngtv. Too bsy dvng/exhlting mslf w/new 65/AMG (POS 63/030 trd'd, no mre utterly inaddqt tq/poduknk-levl pwr). Time is worth smth/i.e. oppt/cost inst. forgoing trips to BH/SF/NY/Ch. And, do not tlk to me if no dvgn at least 030/63/amg or 6+mo old F/P.
Old 10-01-2008, 02:10 PM

'06 E 350 4matic wagon; '05 E 500 4matic sedan; '09 S550 4matic
Originally Posted by stormkenny3
IMO i feel WSH can say whatever he wants some will like it some wouldn't can anyone highlight some of this really bad stuff so don't have to search through 900 + posts lol.

IMO nothing is really bad. I get a huge kick out of him. He's pretty much on the extreme of any issue. S65 "superb"/LS "3rd world junk" (pretty much the US, UK and Germany constitute the "non-3rd world"). "you don't see that in BH/NYC/SF/Greenwhich so how can it be an issue?" . "why is MB still spending development dollars/time on plasticky/underpowered/underbraked S550's when the real market is for S65's". My favorite is "that car (which means type of person) is never seen in key parking spaces" (which means you all are schmucks). He is also the master of non-sequitor "Of course they have diesels in Europe and the 3rd world, don't you know how much houses cost in London".

He's great!
Old 10-01-2008, 02:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'09 S63 AMG
Originally Posted by WSH
Hey guys, thanks for the kind words

Not clear what prompts a thread to attack this curmudgeonly WSH character....

Presumably, we're all here to chat about cars we enjoy....IMO, a forum w/o irreverent/sarcastic/brutally candid comments about cars (of any brand/model) is a waste of time...any car has strengths/weaknesses....not sure why some would take someone else's observations re: weaknesses of any car so personally....
Exactly!

God knows I've tikked a few people off on my "S63 oil leak" thread (or wherever else) ......

While I understand that anyone who owns any car is entitled to good service, ones that cost over 100k are personal to a lot of people. When you fork over that kind of dough, you're ENTITLED to compliment/ridicule/complain about quality, service or whatever it is about the car that's in question.

Last edited by AustinGuy; 10-01-2008 at 06:13 PM.
Old 10-01-2008, 04:28 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2007 E63
Originally Posted by Ferri

Rtrn/Divnd on me photgphn my F/P/MB/AMGs is ngtv. Too bsy dvng/exhlting mslf w/new 65/AMG (POS 63/030 trd'd, no mre utterly inaddqt tq/poduknk-levl pwr). Time is worth smth/i.e. oppt/cost inst. forgoing trips to BH/SF/NY/Ch. And, do not tlk to me if no dvgn at least 030/63/amg or 6+mo old F/P.
My brain wants to just freeze up whenever I try to decipher one of his posts. And I speak four languages!
Old 10-01-2008, 04:34 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2007 E63
Originally Posted by mbnj
IMO nothing is really bad. I get a huge kick out of him. He's pretty much on the extreme of any issue. S65 "superb"/LS "3rd world junk" (pretty much the US, UK and Germany constitute the "non-3rd world"). "you don't see that in BH/NYC/SF/Greenwhich so how can it be an issue?" . "why is MB still spending development dollars/time on plasticky/underpowered/underbraked S550's when the real market is for S65's". My favorite is "that car (which means type of person) is never seen in key parking spaces" (which means you all are schmucks). He is also the master of non-sequitor "Of course they have diesels in Europe and the 3rd world, don't you know how much houses cost in London".

He's great!
I'd love for him to spend some time in the real third world. Not just a place outside of BH/NYC/SF/Greenwich , but a real third world country. Sure would love to give him a good dose of reality.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:30 PM

07 CL600
Originally Posted by AsianML
I'd love for him to spend some time in the real third world. Not just a place outside of BH/NYC/SF/Greenwich , but a real third world country. Sure would love to give him a good dose of reality.
so, taking him out of the places where he spends most of his life and sending him to a third world country would be reality? reality for whom exactly?

sorry, but i hate when people claim someone isn't living in "reality". i'm not the most optimistic guy, but i'm pretty sure reality is subjective.

WSH is alright in my book. his posts are, at the very least, entertaining. what else matters?
Old 10-01-2008, 09:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 58 Likes on 52 Posts
Protecting the Earth from the Scum of the Universe
Originally Posted by AsianML
My brain wants to just freeze up whenever I try to decipher one of his posts. And I speak four languages!
So what !
Get yourself a heater to help brain (un)freeze.
I speak three languages, sometimes I think even four when my wireless keyboard is acting up on me.
But I have no problem understanding his posts.
Try to be 1/4 as entertaining/informative/honest(brutally) as WSH is and i will start to enjoy your posts

BTW, your comments on visiting Third World and your way of looking at "reality" is bit pompous, isn't it?
I hope you don't walk on water...
Mark
Old 10-01-2008, 09:50 PM

clk 500 2003
must admit i did laugh at this(guy sound very entertaining), but can understand how some need to take a second of third look to pick it up especially if its a bad as ferri says.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 S600
Wow. I'm amazed that this thread has lasted 60 posts. Got any butter?
Old 10-02-2008, 01:36 AM
Banned

S550
Hmm...So WSH... When do we get pictures?
Old 10-02-2008, 03:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
LOL...okay I have to admit someone invited me to this thread as I was preoccupied with some other things on here and didn't see it. I figure I might as well throw my $.02....

Okay WSH...I know I have directly confronted you about your psuedo-erudite attitude. That is fine...hey no one is perfect...least of which myself. However, your equating the CL63/65/67/69/75 or whatever to a 'disposable technology such as the latest cellphone/i-phone' is the biggest crock of poopy I ever heard. Yeah...soooo...I guess you go online to talk about i-phones on the Apple forums just like you do about the CL63.... yeah probably not...because these cars aren't "disposable" technologies... we have a passion for them because they are so much more than their obsolete mechanical parts....kind of like you Mr. WSH....I am sure you add up to more of a human being than your insipid posts...

Tom
Old 10-07-2008, 07:54 AM

2008 Mazda Tribute , 2007 S550.
Originally Posted by Guppy
WSH's attitude? He is so stuck up and thinks so highly of himself and thinks so poorly of others who dont have AMG's and is constantly putting down others and others models as well. He is so annoying and I doubt Im the only who sees this as well.

Does anyone else agree?
Just back from a trip overseas, and spotted your comment about WSH while catching up with MBWorld's latest.
I have no problems with WSH. ( Nor anyone else for that matter.)
I generally agree with his thoughts on marketing vs engineering. I even like the way he describes lower S550 owners like myself; he is funny.
As with anything else, we seem to be 50% for, or 50% against. Makes for good (?) diversification; and interesting politics everywhere.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:08 PM

2005 Range Rover HSE, 2008 BMW M3 Cab d/c, 2010 GL550 (wifes), 1993 Porsche 928GTS 32kmi garage quee
wow

I too just got back from overseas.
This was a surprising thread.
Observation:
Congradulations to WSH. Looks like your a celebrity!! All this attention.
This is an S class thread. Deal with it.
The end of thread. It needs to go away.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:07 PM

2010 S600 sold
Originally Posted by Ferri

LOL!
Old 10-08-2008, 12:02 AM
Banned

S550
It'll go away when WSH posts pictures of his various cars + his new CL65.
Old 10-08-2008, 04:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts
M6 Gran Coupe
Let's be honest.....it's just a car. ClayJ was a great example that anyone can talk a great game...it doesn't mean he owns anything. There are probably alot of people on here who have lied about alot that they own. With the credit crisis recently, I bet we lose 10% of the people on these boards who were living outside their means in the first place. Having a nice car these days doesn't mean anywhere as much as it did 10 years ago in terms of your status.

Alot of WSH's posts have been stereotypical and "uppity." However, no point in starting a thread about it. Just ignore it. The one thing I can't stand is the different viewpoints from the Greenwich, SF/Silicon Valley, etc. etc. The old school rich people act the same in all areas in this country. When you try to stereotype it by region because you may have lived there for 6 months, you look really stupid because it shows you have no clue what you are talking about.

I believe my favorite post of his when was when he said people who buy used cars are basically dirty and equated it to buying pre-worn clothes. He theorized those people probably aren't real clean hygiene-wise as a result. I just hope your personality in real life isn't the same as on here as otherwise you likely have very few friends and girls stay a mile away from you.

Last edited by mjr24; 10-08-2008 at 04:14 AM.
Old 10-09-2008, 07:07 PM
Banned

S550
I just noticed that WSH posted in another thread in the S-Class section, but is still ignoring this thread. Maybe he's avoiding replying for a reason? Idk, maybe because he IS posing and doesn't own what he claims he does.

I hope WSH can come in here and set it straight...
Old 10-09-2008, 07:49 PM

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts
2013 SL 550 (Previously 2012 Porsche Panamera Turbo-S, 2015 Tesla P85D, 2007 S600, 2005 E55 AMG)
Originally Posted by Guppy
I just noticed that WSH posted in another thread in the S-Class section, but is still ignoring this thread. Maybe he's avoiding replying for a reason? Idk, maybe because he IS posing and doesn't own what he claims he does.

I hope WSH can come in here and set it straight...
Why is this so important to you? WSH talks intelligently about these cars in his own style... (like it or not) Everything I have ever read from WSH indicates a deep familiarity that certainly relates to my experiences... and as importantly constructively adds to our dialogue... Perhaps you would like us all to undergo a VIN number test to prove we are all real owners before posting? Not everyone wants to (or has time to) post pictures... and unwillingness to do so should not be an automatic assumption of falsehood... Your little crusade and this thread is becoming tiresome...

Chris
Old 10-09-2008, 08:36 PM
Banned

S550
Originally Posted by cjf_moraga
Why is this so important to you? WSH talks intelligently about these cars in his own style... (like it or not) Everything I have ever read from WSH indicates a deep familiarity that certainly relates to my experiences... and as importantly constructively adds to our dialogue... Perhaps you would like us all to undergo a VIN number test to prove we are all real owners before posting? Not everyone wants to (or has time to) post pictures... and unwillingness to do so should not be an automatic assumption of falsehood... Your little crusade and this thread is becoming tiresome...

Chris
If it's becoming tiresome, then simply ignore it and do not reply. Simple.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:00 AM

2007 S 600 / '06 911 Porsche C4S cab
Guppy dude, get a life. Or try going to some other forum to waste people's time with your trivial bs. This is about S classes and not comments started by low classes...
time to end this thread indeed...
Old 10-13-2008, 08:06 PM
Banned

S550
Let me ask you something.

Why is it okay for other posers to be called out, but all of a sudden, when this poser, WSH, gets called out, its not okay.

How many of you have met WSH in person or seen any of his various cars? (Pics or in person)