S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

My Mercedes Stable in India

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 07:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 58 Likes on 52 Posts
Protecting the Earth from the Scum of the Universe
What are you saying, are these pictures photoshoped?
Or you made a mistake with your last trip and went to Bangladesh...
Old 06-11-2009, 07:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sonderklasse
Originally Posted by BallinIsMyHobby
rofl....im indian and iv been to india many time...and there is NOONE and i mean NOONE, that can afford a collection of cars like that. I dont care who you are. Even the actors who are the highest paid ppl dont have car collections like that.
ballinismyhobby,

I'm not Indian and have never been to India (yet, would love to though!) but it's not hard to refute your statement. More so when I have some free time today to refer you to http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...few-years.html. I think raunaq23 was the first one to post this link. Go see for yourself how affluent Indian are really balling.

I'm out of this thread after this post.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:49 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
And I believe that his age, etc was uncover by another member who found this: I want to go to college in the US
Old 06-11-2009, 08:49 PM

a car
I thought at the very least (and I mean this as literally as possible) the people here who drive big expensive Mercedes would NOT be racist if for nothing else.

And phonetics, not everyone drives nice cars because they want to peek over the fence to see if the neighbors are jealous so he/she can gloat about it. What a shallow, shallow mind.

India has the largest middle class in the world, more than the US and certainly a few times more than the whole of UK. Read: the WHOLE of UK.

I couldn't care less how old the thread poster is or if the cars posted by him are his, his parents' or his boss'. I am just astounded by some of the most ignorant and racist comments that can be posted by people here. You should be ashamed of yourself.

This is why I never post here.

For the record: I am not Indian and I don't know the thread-poster either. No need to egg me on. I won't reply anymore to this thread.

Last edited by vintagefefe; 06-11-2009 at 08:54 PM.
Old 06-11-2009, 09:01 PM

2013 SL550 Tectite Black
Originally Posted by jtanoyo1
I thought at the very least (and I mean this as literally as possible) the people here who drive big expensive Mercedes would NOT be racist if for nothing else.

And phonetics, not everyone drives nice cars because they want to peek over the fence to see if the neighbors are jealous so he/she can gloat about it. What a shallow, shallow mind.

India has the largest middle class in the world, more than the US and certainly a few times more than the whole of UK. Read: the WHOLE of UK.

I couldn't care less how old the thread poster is or if the cars posted by him are his, his parents' or his boss'. I am just astounded by some of the most ignorant and racist comments that can be posted by people here. You should be ashamed of yourself.

This is why I never post here.

For the record: I am not Indian and I don't know the thread-poster either. No need to egg me on. I won't reply anymore to this thread.
+1
Old 06-12-2009, 01:30 AM

2005 S500
i never said no1 in india can afford expensive cars...I said no1 in india can afford a COLLECTION of cars such as those.

Anyways...just to settle this argument, why doesnt the owner just take a picture of themselves with all the cars in the same frame.
Old 06-12-2009, 04:37 AM

ML320,S320,SL55,190D
i never said no1 in india can afford expensive cars...I said no1 in india can afford a COLLECTION of cars such as those.

Anyways...just to settle this argument, why doesnt the owner just take a picture of themselves with all the cars in the same frame.
LOL at the highlighted part

Sir my family's collection is outdone by a whole way by some other guys.
For Eg:-

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/o...ls-royces.html
Old 06-12-2009, 04:58 AM

ML320,S320,SL55,190D
Originally Posted by amdeutsch
And I believe that his age, etc was uncover by another member who found this: I want to go to college in the US

I AM 17 YEARS OLD. THE CARS IN THIS THREAD DO NOT BELONG TO ME. THEY BELONG TO MY IMMEDIATE FAMILY.

i'm saying this again & again and i hope you will shift your focus on the cars.

PS-(It is my understanding that a moderator on a mercedes-benz enthusiast forum should talk only about cars and control/moderate other irrelevant posts since that is why he is a moderator. You should be showing the way here and this isnt going to work if you, yourself are the one who kicks the thread off with irrelevant posts)

0.02$

Last edited by raunaq23; 06-12-2009 at 06:22 AM.
Old 06-12-2009, 05:48 AM

2003 E240
Originally Posted by raunaq23
These are what the street look like except they were a bit more open that day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIJ_dXTWIZw
If the streets seriously look like that why in the world do you own so many cars, it would be more logical to just walk or ride a bike?
Old 06-12-2009, 06:09 AM

2003 E240
Originally Posted by raunaq23
I AM 17 YEARS OLD. THE CARS IN THIS THREAD BELONG TO MY IMMEDIATE FAMILY.
If you want people to STFU then just say "they do not belong to me" and stop paraphrasing it as "they belong to my immediate family" which derives the connotation that they are in some way bought and owned by you.

I personally do not care what car you drive. But if you want people to shut up then just directly say (A) I have not bought these cars (B) these cars do not belong to me.

Everyone will leave you alone then, the reason this has blown out of proportion was because the initial posts made by you implied that you bought & owned the cars, it was then uncovered that they were bought and owned by your family, you drive some of them. Then you continue to deny the basic premise which is what everyone is getting so worked up about (points A & B), if you just acknowledge those by themselves, without adding anything in, I'm sure people will get over it and go back to being civil.

And just a pointer, if someone insults you, don't just go to the CIA world fact book and spout off a bunch of statistics in an attempt to be vain and imply that your massive brain is compensation for your age because it will only beget more frustration. I'm not trying to be mean though I can foresee you thinking I am.

Again, I don't care about what car you drive so I am not intending to offend you. I do love your cars and would like to see more pictures of them, especially the 190D.
Old 06-12-2009, 06:12 AM

2003 E240
Yeah one more thing I just read your last post.

Why insult the moderator and tell them how to do their job.

That is just a "Don't man".
Old 06-12-2009, 06:16 AM

ML320,S320,SL55,190D
its tough to describe the roads infact. They are very diversified. One mile you could be on a 5 lane highway and the next mile on a 2 lane potholed holed road. It all depends on where you go. Thankfully our commute doesnt have such jarring roads. Also the video above is just a quick youtube search. And as i have mentioned the conditions are much better?
Old 06-12-2009, 06:31 AM

ML320,S320,SL55,190D
Originally Posted by Scraz51
If you want people to STFU then just say "they do not belong to me" and stop paraphrasing it as "they belong to my immediate family" which derives the connotation that they are in some way bought and owned by you.

I personally do not care what car you drive. But if you want people to shut up then just directly say (A) I have not bought these cars (B) these cars do not belong to me.

Everyone will leave you alone then, the reason this has blown out of proportion was because the initial posts made by you implied that you bought & owned the cars, it was then uncovered that they were bought and owned by your family, you drive some of them. Then you continue to deny the basic premise which is what everyone is getting so worked up about (points A & B), if you just acknowledge those by themselves, without adding anything in, I'm sure people will get over it and go back to being civil.

And just a pointer, if someone insults you, don't just go to the CIA world fact book and spout off a bunch of statistics in an attempt to be vain and imply that your massive brain is compensation for your age because it will only beget more frustration. I'm not trying to be mean though I can foresee you thinking I am.

Again, I don't care about what car you drive so I am not intending to offend you. I do love your cars and would like to see more pictures of them, especially the 190D.

I agree that after reading my initial posts many people would think that i am the sole owner of these cars. But i was unaware of how offensive it may seem to people of other cultures if i casually implied that the cars belonging to my family are mine. Everyone seems to be viewing this whole discussion from a POV of a nuclear family.

i should have made it clearer in my first post itself though i did clarify it umerous times after my first post.
Old 06-12-2009, 07:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 E550, 2012 GL450, 2014 GLK350, 2015 S550, 2020 GLC350e
I don't know where in India you're going to but I've seen actors with a fleet of cars better than what is in the photos in this thread.

They don't leave them parked outside their bungalow

Extortion is still a problem in India.

rofl....im indian and iv been to india many time...and there is NOONE and i mean NOONE, that can afford a collection of cars like that. I dont care who you are. Even the actors who are the highest paid ppl dont have car collections like that.
Old 06-12-2009, 05:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I DON'T COME HERE ANYMORE
Nice set of cars-
liking the 4 wheeler by the door-
Old 06-13-2009, 01:10 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'09 S63 AMG
Just thought I'd stop by and say hi

This thread is really really odd.

No, I mean that in all seriousness, but I did get to see some nice cars in India. ..... Didn't know that people in India could afford such cars. I guess I learned something.
Old 06-13-2009, 04:25 PM

2003 E240
You should have seen Saudi Arabi back in the 70s when they started getting oil money. My dad showed me pictures of a lot of abandoned Rolls Royces on the side of the road because when the Arabs first were able to buy these cars they thought when they ran out of gas that was the end of them lol. Imagine walking down the street and finding a Rolls or Bentley that was just abandoned.

Probably could if you went to Dubai 6 months ago.
Old 06-18-2009, 05:34 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Silver CLS550, Blk M45, Lexus GX470 & an endless fleet of Avis Premium Rental Cars
Wow! It’s un-real how some of you would waste the time to discredit someone and the cars that they own. Get a life….. So much jealousy in one thread Nice stable Raunaq Congrats to you and your family
The average profile of the US S-Class owner should include hatred & jealousy

Now I understand why most member do not pics of their cars

Last edited by CakeDaddy; 06-18-2009 at 05:40 PM.
Old 06-19-2009, 01:30 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'09 S63 AMG
Originally Posted by CakeDaddy
Wow! It’s un-real how some of you would waste the time to discredit someone and the cars that they own. Get a life….. So much jealousy in one thread Nice stable Raunaq Congrats to you and your family
The average profile of the US S-Class owner should include hatred & jealousy

Now I understand why most member do not pics of their cars
You have something against Americans? If you do:

1) What's it based on (since you assume that all the hate posts are American)?

2) Where do you live (be honest now)?
Old 06-22-2009, 10:42 PM

10 S550 4matic Palladium, 12 G550 Edition Select Silver, 10 BMW 128i Cabrio Blue Water
Hey Raunuq, great stable of vehicles. Seems to be quite a bit of jealousy out there, do not get egged on, it just plays to all of these posers.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Youngtimer
no idea what's going on in here, but i clicked on the thread and saw this comment. i'm not sure how someone can reach the point where they are doing well enough in life that they can afford an s-class and yet be this ignorant about the world around them. that country is growing financially in leaps and bounds in industry, technology, services, etc. etc.
india has the fastest growing number of millionaires in the world, not to mention that two of the top 10 richest people in the world are indian, one of whom is building a billion-dollar house. i suppose he'll be parking a rickshaw in his garage, since he can't afford a fleet of luxury cars? get out more. maybe watch some tv. travel. see the world. learn about other cultures. read. study. do something, because i am sad for you.

edit: wow, just saw that you said you were indian. i'm guessing you are not one of the latest round of indian millionaires, and don't live in the same part of town as the moneyed people. and with the size of towns out there, you can be forgiven for not knowing that the country you are from has some seriously rich people in it. i think i feel sadder for you now than a few minutes ago.

okay, i'm out, i'll let this thread degenerate further into farce

Last edited by ZedStyle; 06-22-2009 at 11:28 PM.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:49 PM

09' Ferrari Scuderia 16M Spider, 11' Mercedes SL63 AMG, 09' Mercedes S550
Originally Posted by ZedStyle
no idea what's going on in here, but i clicked on the thread and saw this comment. i'm not sure how someone can reach the point where they are doing well enough in life that they can afford an s-class and yet be this ignorant about the world around them. that country is growing financially in leaps and bounds in industry, technology, services, etc. etc.
india has the fastest growing number of millionaires in the world, not to mention that two of the top 10 richest people in the world are indian, one of whom is building a billion-dollar house. i suppose he'll be parking a rickshaw in his garage, since he can't afford a fleet of luxury cars? get out more. maybe watch some tv. travel. see the world. learn about other cultures. read. study. do something, because i am sad for you.

edit: wow, just saw that you said you were indian. i'm guessing you are not one of the latest round of indian millionaires, and don't live in the same part of town as the moneyed people. and with the size of towns out there, you can be forgiven for not knowing that the country you are from has some seriously rich people in it. i think i feel sadder for you now than a few minutes ago.

okay, i'm out, i'll let this thread degenerate further into farce
I agree...the ignorance of some people never ceases to amaze me!

Tim
Old 06-23-2009, 10:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Youngtimer
Originally Posted by TimsSL65
I agree...the ignorance of some people never ceases to amaze me!

Tim
how is it possible to post in an s class forum and be ignorant of BRIC? pathetic!
Old 06-23-2009, 10:59 PM

2008 Mazda Tribute , 2007 S550.
Leave geo-politics or other political baggage out of this forum.
Let's stick to our S's; a complicated enough subject, judging by some of the flare ups generated by the S's material substances itself.
Prosit to all of you, and above all relax, while I down an XO!
Old 07-10-2009, 05:41 PM

C55
The sheer amount of idiocy and bickering in this thread is amazing.

1) The concept of family in Asia is completely different from what we perceive here in the United States and westernized countries. I have a "fleet" of family cars at my disposal here. We "own" them and drive them all (We being my parents and myself). Have I explicitly purchased all these vehicles by myself? No, but the cars are still considered mine (as in my family).

2) Luxury vehicles in Asia are 2x/3x/4x the cost in the US after taxes or VAT. Just to give you a perspective in Korea in 2006, my uncle wanted my mother to import her 2 year old E500 to him. After tallying the import taxes (which include transport, emissions, and even displacement size of motor!...) we realized he would have to pay out of his pocket about 75k, which at the time was a little under the price of a NEW C350. Not to mention that Korea doesnt even sell the V8 E class.... Currently S500s are nearly double what we pay here in the US (currency fluctuation devaluation aside)

3) Those of us who live in the U.S. are fortunate enough that our country is one of the largest consumer markets in the world. We have access to nearly all hot consumer items (luxury vehicles inclusive) at a price of nearly a fraction of the cost. A typical S550 owner in the US may have a minimum modest salary at least 300K USD a year. To drive/operate one of these vehicles in other countries would dictate salaries of more than $1 millions USD a year!

4) I would have expected that the S-Class forum would be more civilized and more mature in internet discourse. Man, I was wrong.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My Mercedes Stable in India