S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

designo options

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 05:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
10 S550 4matic Palladium, 12 G550 Edition Select Silver, 10 BMW 128i Cabrio Blue Water
designo options

Its a shame, how limited our choices are for colours and interiors here in the US for the s class model line. I guess MB takes us for granted considering the plethora of incredible colours and options available in other parts of the world. Check out some of the options at MB Malta for example, I would love to be able to chose some of these colours and especially the interior options for my next s class. Is it a matter of complacency?, knowing they will always sell an allocated amount here. I, for one am very disapointed and hope that MB will change their policy and offer more choices to MB s class consumers in the US.
Old 09-15-2009, 07:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2007 S600
Originally Posted by 13pauls
Its a shame, how limited our choices are for colours and interiors here in the US for the s class model line. I guess MB takes us for granted considering the plethora of incredible colours and options available in other parts of the world. Check out some of the options at MB Malta for example, I would love to be able to chose some of these colours and especially the interior options for my next s class. Is it a matter of complacency?, knowing they will always sell an allocated amount here. I, for one am very disapointed and hope that MB will change their policy and offer more choices to MB s class consumers in the US.
Not that this has much to do with what you're saying, but the S class is incredibly cheaper here in the states compared to other countries so the trade off is in our favor despite not having the full range of designo options.
Designo cars are very nice , for sure.
Old 09-15-2009, 09:31 PM

2007 s600 2007 cls63
Is it even possible to custom order one through a dealer? Say I would like to have the optional small fridge that goes behind the rear center armrest would that be a possibility even if I pay the car in full at the time the order is placed? BMW at least have the "partial" individual program for US 7 series..
Old 09-15-2009, 10:21 PM
WSH
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 CL65
Trumpet is right; can't forget that US has world's cheapest cars and leases (and ?60% of MBs in US are leased, so odd bespoke color choices become problem of MB Financial at end of lease)

Designo is interesting but means nothing without properly finished leather/Alcantara/cf/wood throughout like 600 or 65....and without perf brakes/tires/chassis/tq/sports steering wheel/sports seats/advcd safety systems of 65 just becomes a fancy man/transgender-purse of a car, like a Ferrari or Bent
Old 09-16-2009, 04:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 R350 & 2008 C300
You might want to grab a paint code and put in a special order, the worst that can happen is they deny the request. There are paint options that aren't listed but are available, such as the Alubeam paint...that runs a cool $10k on S and CL AMG models. The color will also be available on the new SLS along with two matte finish colors.

If your a fan of American Chopper the Alubeam color will look familiar, thats the color they "attempted" to pain the AMG theme bike. They visited the AMG factory, saw a car there painted in Alubeam, asked for some of the paint to paint their bike....and got refused ha ha.

Old 09-16-2009, 08:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 S600
Originally Posted by chilledbenz
You might want to grab a paint code and put in a special order, the worst that can happen is they deny the request. There are paint options that aren't listed but are available, such as the Alubeam paint...that runs a cool $10k on S and CL AMG models. The color will also be available on the new SLS along with two matte finish colors.

If your a fan of American Chopper the Alubeam color will look familiar, thats the color they "attempted" to pain the AMG theme bike. They visited the AMG factory, saw a car there painted in Alubeam, asked for some of the paint to paint their bike....and got refused ha ha.

What kind of modified Benz is that in your pictures. That looks good.
Old 09-16-2009, 04:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 R350 & 2008 C300
Originally Posted by trumpet1
What kind of modified Benz is that in your pictures. That looks good.
2010 SLS and 2009 Maybach Zeppelin, neither are modified.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:27 PM

10 S550 4matic Palladium, 12 G550 Edition Select Silver, 10 BMW 128i Cabrio Blue Water
Originally Posted by WSH
Trumpet is right; can't forget that US has world's cheapest cars and leases (and ?60% of MBs in US are leased, so odd bespoke color choices become problem of MB Financial at end of lease)

Designo is interesting but means nothing without properly finished leather/Alcantara/cf/wood throughout like 600 or 65....and without perf brakes/tires/chassis/tq/sports steering wheel/sports seats/advcd safety systems of 65 just becomes a fancy man/transgender-purse of a car, like a Ferrari or Bent
WSH, I love you!!! please keep your posts coming...
Old 09-17-2009, 11:56 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
2016 GLC300 (prev 99 C43 AMG)
Here's a simple solution so that MBUSA doesn't have to deal with bespoke cars at the end of a lease: make Designo only available to those you buy the cars outright!
Old 09-17-2009, 11:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 S600
Originally Posted by chilledbenz
2010 SLS and 2009 Maybach Zeppelin, neither are modified.
I feel like an idiot now

Last night I didn't see the maybach (knew it of course) in your post but I did see the SLS , and yes, I had seen it before but forgot.

I kinda like that SLS. A large collection of several MB car designs with a few jap car touches in there too. This car is kind of like looking at clouds and trying to see various faces and animals in it.
The front fenders and headlights look a little like Nissan 350Z. The grille looks like a 50s Gullwing, the side panel looks like a combo of an SLK and a BMW Z roadster,
Old 09-18-2009, 12:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 R350 & 2008 C300
Originally Posted by trumpet1
I feel like an idiot now

Last night I didn't see the maybach (knew it of course) in your post but I did see the SLS , and yes, I had seen it before but forgot.

I kinda like that SLS. A large collection of several MB car designs with a few jap car touches in there too. This car is kind of like looking at clouds and trying to see various faces and animals in it.
The front fenders and headlights look a little like Nissan 350Z. The grille looks like a 50s Gullwing, the side panel looks like a combo of an SLK and a BMW Z roadster,
I like it as well, better performance than the SLR at half the price! Can't beat that! I don't really care for the cheap looking star and bar though, in the preview pics they had it as being silver painted with chrome inserts, but the official pics now have it just painted. Things like that are always subject to change, not to mention easily fixed by the owner. For a different look, check out the picture I posted on the SLR board of a red SLS without the star or bar, looks quite good (I photoshopped the picture).

https://mbworld.org/forums/slr-mclar...mg-2011-a.html