S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

SLS CONTRACTS AVAILABLE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 05:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
SL55AMG, Ferrari 348, Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari F40, Ferrari Mondial t, Ducati 916, Indycar
SLS CONTRACTS AVAILABLE

We have several contracts for early delivery SLS's available. Colors and options are open.

PM all requests.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:21 PM
WSH
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 CL65
Wow...contracts? We must be out of the recession

From my reading, sounds like SLS will make both 458 and GT2 fairly archaic and irrelevant on public roads (and maybe even on NBR)

I look fwd to driving 'em all back-to-back on local twisties in '10; if like 65 Blk, biggest impediment to sales in powerful mkts like SF is lack of daily-useable ground clearance, as many in SF/SiliconValley use these latest AMG/F for daily urban commuting amidst the steep hills and urban pkg garage ramps

Suspect I'll stay with my CL65 for daily commuting and wkend mtn twisties work (unless SLS is really compelling) but heard my usual dealer on SF Peninsula has more confirmed (by MBUSA) orders for SLS than any dealer in world; one of my colleagues is getting two early SLS copies, one for SF daily commuting and other for his wkend house in BH (another CL65 addict who gets new AMG/F every 6mos); and know at least 3 colleagues (also frequent repeat AMG/F buyers) in SF getting early SLS copies at same dealer

AMG has much respect for its engineering prowess among many jaded repeat buyers, many of whom are engineers or quants
Old 09-25-2009, 09:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 Hyundai Elantra GLS
Only you could call the 458 Italia archaic.
Old 09-25-2009, 12:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WSH
... biggest impediment to sales in powerful mkts like SF is lack of daily-useable ground clearance, as many in SF/SiliconValley use these latest AMG/F for daily urban commuting amidst the steep hills and urban pkg garage ramps ...
perhaps not in san francisco (although i've managed to drive there too), but in silicon valley (i've driven my super slammed car all up and down the valley), i have yet to encounter a driveway or speed bump so steep that i couldn't get over it. anyway, if you're complaining about the ground clearance on one of these cars, try driving something that's actually low.
Old 09-25-2009, 03:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 Range Rover HSE, 2008 BMW M3 Cab d/c, 2010 GL550 (wifes), 1993 Porsche 928GTS 32kmi garage quee
My initial impressions of the SLS appearance is not very satisfying.
I attended a presentation by AMG during the mock up stage a couple years back. The car came out almost exactly as I remember the appearance back then. Which is surprising because most the attendees didn't seem overly impressed with the initial shape. I'm sure it will be impressive in person just not outstanding and will no doubtedly be a super performer. I do love the doors.

That being said for this price range I would think most people would have a dedicated commuter and dedicated "weekend car for the twisties". Money no object the cars would be S65 commuter, 458 for the twisities and a Range Rover just because everybody needs a truck.

I guess this car fits into the category of "I need more than one car for every situation".
Old 09-25-2009, 04:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 113 Likes on 93 Posts
The best or nothing
I like the SLS visually very much. It is exciting and as an attractive woman, you have to glance over it again and again.
What is a bit disappointing is the interior - I never understood the point of having zillion buttons - the phone dials eg. Normal people don't use car phone keyboard that often it would have to be visible and in the most exposed place such as right side of the center console. The same applies to audio controls. W221 has everything well hidden, yet it is practical to use.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 58 Likes on 52 Posts
Protecting the Earth from the Scum of the Universe
With SLS,
I'll play my usual "Devil's Advocate" game "what if".
So, what if MB logo was missing in front and back of the car?
Anybody recognizing the vehicle?
Anybody drooling over the curves, door swing, lights, possible girl sights?

In my opinion,
IF they don't change the car's interior/exterior looks now....
LAME is the word, arrogantly pushing itself in front of any positive reviews.
Old 09-25-2009, 08:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 382 Likes on 246 Posts
'22 Alpina B7,'21 G63 Renntech obviously (wife), Wrangler(kids)
Originally Posted by WSH
Wow...contracts? We must be out of the recession

From my reading, sounds like SLS will make both 458 and GT2 fairly archaic and irrelevant on public roads (and maybe even on NBR)

I look fwd to driving 'em all back-to-back on local twisties in '10; if like 65 Blk, biggest impediment to sales in powerful mkts like SF is lack of daily-useable ground clearance, as many in SF/SiliconValley use these latest AMG/F for daily urban commuting amidst the steep hills and urban pkg garage ramps

Suspect I'll stay with my CL65 for daily commuting and wkend mtn twisties work (unless SLS is really compelling) but heard my usual dealer on SF Peninsula has more confirmed (by MBUSA) orders for SLS than any dealer in world; one of my colleagues is getting two early SLS copies, one for SF daily commuting and other for his wkend house in BH (another CL65 addict who gets new AMG/F every 6mos); and know at least 3 colleagues (also frequent repeat AMG/F buyers) in SF getting early SLS copies at same dealer

AMG has much respect for its engineering prowess among many jaded repeat buyers, many of whom are engineers or quants
You are such a phony:
"Suspect it'll be another engineering POS like SLR or 65Blk

63 motor simply has inadequate real-world tq; MCT (and presumably DCT) boxes have to-date proven to have dubious reliability and daily-use characteristics (jerkiness when cold (by CA stds) or on steep hills or in low-speed driving); wouldn't want to be in a gullwing in any rollover; doubt it has ground clearance (or a front lift feature like 997GT3 v2.0 will have) for daily urban commuting practicalities

Need a high-tq V12 otherwise meaningless exercise

Will stay w/ '10 CL65 unless test-drives of SLS convince me otherwise..."

https://mbworld.org/forums/new-s-cla...z-sls-amg.html