S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

does any car beat an S class?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 04:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 169 Likes on 134 Posts
W140 Mercedes S350, W221 S550 sport
Originally Posted by K-A

OliverK: Of course I realize that RR/Bentley out-status M-B. But my point is, M-B's name will and can always be welcome in, and even dominate the Clubs of the highest elite, RR, Ferrari, etc. You hear M-B used as an analogy in more bombastic Rap Songs, where Rappers try and convey an image of infinite wealth, than you do any other cars, etc. Benzes are still used in Pop Culture to reference ultimate status. Why? Because they have that cache that can compete with cars priced much higher than them, but their mass-popularity and tangibility makes them more relatable and instantly recognizable.

Now, in terms of the automotive world, RR/Bentley have contributed nothing but gluttony and shoddy engineering, up until they were bought by Germans, where they became subject to the capabilities of their German landlords. M-B is of vast value to the automotive world.

But if we want to keep things simple: If I'm looking for the ultimate boastful luxury car, to make people snap their necks in "Wow, who is that rich and extremely handsome (sexy) young man" mode, and make people ultimately jealous, show off pure gluttony and flash, brag endlessly about my wealth and status, then yes, I will choose an RR over any Merc. Realistically, however, I feel that Mercedes offers a much better balance of status VS understatedness.

If someone were to give me either of my choice, I am taking a RR Sedan and not looking back, no question, and I'm laughing myself to every destination behind that velvety smooth steering wheel. However, if I'm buying, then Mercedes does the job just as well, if not better for my personal tastes, for a better price.
Couldn't have said it better.