S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

......Having the s550 for a few days, i few things i noticed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 07:45 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
S500
dannieboiz: there is a device called 'sprintbooster' but I would not install this in my car for the world.. unless anyone has very good experiences with that..
Old 06-30-2012, 02:28 AM

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts
16 GL550
Originally Posted by dannieboiz
I still commute with my TL-S only thing is, I have a 6 speed tranny swap and a JDM motor installed headers, CAI and remus exhaust it's a totally different bread and definitely a sleeper sedan. LOL

I guess my main complaints about the S is the slow throttle response. It took sometime to get used to. When I first test drove the car, I told the sales guy and my wife to hold on I'm gonna test the car. I floored on and nothing happened for half a second I thought it wasn't gonna move then bam it took off and it scared the **** out of me cause I wasn't prepared for it. LOL If you're gonna do street race out of the blues u don't really have time to react you wanna be able to floor it and it should just go. That gear hold feature is cool only if you know you're gonna make a run. The manual gear shift still needs a split second to engage then you can have fun.

All the **** talk, I still think our cars is one of the best looking car in its class.
so you have a 6 speed manual? now that's a whole new story

i agree on the throttle, one will just have to adjust the driving to compensate for it.

Originally Posted by marthyh
rominl you are absolutely right.But sometimes I tend to blame certain brands'-drivers..
True that is the easy way ,best just to respect anyone on the road .

Everyone have their circumstances causing certain behavior ,trying not to over-react in traffic is the art I guess..
no problem, i respect that too, we all in some way have our biases. but i think we should just try to be the better men and try to more objective. in the end, i don't mind spirited fun driving at all, whether i am in my s550 or m3, and whether it's with another car of same brand or not. if drivers respect each other and it's not in a "dangerous" manner (subjective), it's always cool
Old 08-01-2012, 08:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 S-550 4-Matic
Lovin' your rims. 22"?
I want to upgrade my factory AMG 19s but with 4Matic is hard to find a nice set of rims. I really like yours. What are they
Old 08-02-2012, 07:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2019 e63s, 2020 Range Rover, 2019 a6 prestige
does anyone ever have ESP issues when trying to overtake or floor it at a stoplight. sometimes ill get a ESP warning and have to pull over and reset my car. otherwise the transmission wont engage. should i try turning off the traction control before i temp an overtake or flooring it?
Old 08-02-2012, 07:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
04 CL55 (sold), 2012 CLS550 (sold), 2014 S550 (sold), 2015 ES300H (DAILY)
Originally Posted by jgjk
1. lots of kids try to race or drive past me really fast

2. too many nosy people lookin into the car

3. people asking me about the car like i have it for sale

4. like my last vehicle (range rover) everyone lets me in their lanes
who tries to race a S-class luxury vehicle

these cars are meant to roll down the street flossin and stuntin cruising like a boss lol.

2. guilty as charged ahhahahahah. I love the S-class interiors.