S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

SO I got TOWED over the weekend :(

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 10:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
range rover
Originally Posted by Yidney
I would not jump the gun on suing them until after you actually speak to someone there with authority who refuses to help. So far you are just an annoyance to them they hope will give up. But they have insurance too. Be persistent to show you are not going away. Once you sue you will automatically delay any resolution by months. Also, make sure you know what court to sue in. Small claims courts have limits of like $2,500 and that may cost more, but small claims courts are fastest. If you have to sue in regular trial court it will cost more and take longer. And don't think you will get lost wages, etc. Sue only as a last resort.

i got 2 quotes yesterday. one for 3200 and one for 3900
Old 07-03-2012, 10:42 AM

range rover
Originally Posted by hyperion667
wow man that is some

good luck with this thing....
you deserve new bumpers!!

hope this works out for you

I dont know what to do...

my time + gas + effort to sue

or pay my insurance deductible and get this done asap (but then they are off)

or do i find their insurance info and go after their insurance?

WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS?

thankfully its not super noticable, but still im pissed
Old 07-03-2012, 02:30 PM

range rover
just got off with my insurance agent

1. he said that there COULD be a accident report on my car fax

2. even if the towing companies insurance pays it also may be on the car fax as an ACCIDENT : change of rear bumper.

im so pissed.

I dont know what to do. Goto court?

then they would have to pay out of pocket or through insurance?

i feel like im getting ****ted on when THEY damaged my car.

court will cost $250ish, insurance deductible will cost $500.

any lawyers on here?
Old 07-03-2012, 02:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'10 MB S550, '11 RR HSE LUX
Once again, your insurance company should compensate you for the projected loss in resale value.

Lawyers do not work for free, you know. The money you would spend on a good consultation would far exceed your damages.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:50 AM

range rover
so i may have to go the insurance route, then sue.

itll be 500 deductible. which insurance says will reimburse me once they collect from them.

then i can file a lawsuit for deductible cost (if they dont pay) also depreciated value.

does anyone know if replacing a bumper will for sure cause a "accident" report on the car fax?
Old 07-05-2012, 03:12 PM

2012 CLS550, sold 11 E350
Thats painful
Old 07-05-2012, 08:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 S550V4
Originally Posted by jgjk
so i may have to go the insurance route, then sue.

itll be 500 deductible. which insurance says will reimburse me once they collect from them.

then i can file a lawsuit for deductible cost (if they dont pay) also depreciated value.

does anyone know if replacing a bumper will for sure cause a "accident" report on the car fax?
Doesn't a police report have to be filed for an accident to show up on Carfax?
Old 07-07-2012, 03:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Tesla Model S P100D
Yes this is a bit late but I think what I would have done if I found my car at a tow lot damaged like this is call the police right then and there and have the police file a report for damage.

That might also get the attention of the tow company owner and then you can take that report to court or your state or county certifying authority for tow companies. When their business license is at stake they might take you more seriously and then while the police is there you can also demand their insurance information just the same way you demand the insurance from someone who hits your car.

I think insurance is the way for you to go here but I'd somehow get them to disclose to you THEIR insurance information. If they refuse the two company's insurance information might be filed with the local government certifying authority for tow companies. When the tow company's premiums go up, they will lean their lesson. Most states or counties have certifying authorities for tow companies. I bet you can cause them a lot of headaches by filing a claim stating they are negligent with cars they tow.

If none of these options are viable, I'd just sue them in small claims court and with he evidence you have, you will likely not need an attorney. Just show up in court with the photos and explain your case. I think you have a good chance of winning as long as the tow company does not claim the car was fine when it was picked up and the damage was caused elsewhere... I hope you documented the damage before the car left the tow company lot. Sue them in small claims court so they learn their lesson for damaging your car. The tow company owner will have to take a day off and likely have to shop up with the tow driver to explain why they were so incompetent and negligent.
Old 07-12-2012, 05:23 AM

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts
E-Class
Hey jgjk,

Hope things are working in your favor. Yes I would give you my bumper for free (need help to pay for shipping though) and the scratch would be nothing since you would have to repaint the bumper, mine is black. It would have the cut outs for single exhaust tips on each side. Like this: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ACuzrq16D5...25288%2529.JPG
Old 07-16-2012, 10:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 C55, 09 E350
Originally Posted by S_G7
Doesn't a police report have to be filed for an accident to show up on Carfax?
Nope I hit a pothole and it cracked my AMG rim which was 1,200 + tire and install it came to about 2k. My adjuster told me it was going to only raise my insurance maybe 10 bucks a month. Turns out they reported it as an at fault accident and now my insurance doubled per month. I even tried to switch insurance companies, but now all the other companies want even more to insure me. It's almost like I am stuck with state farm. I read in their terms they can even hold an accident against me even if it's removed from my record since they use a 3rd party company to review all my driving history.
Old 07-17-2012, 12:13 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
15' W222
get an estimate for damages along with an affidavit stating what happened exactly. Send them a certified copy requesting a resolution within a certain time frame before pursuing litigation.

That sux man!
I'd be steaming mad, good luck man.