S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

I finally bought it Fellas!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.25 average.

Old 04-15-2016, 09:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 476 Likes on 364 Posts
2015 S550
Originally Posted by usmccharles
OK, I made an account just to post one time, bare with me. I'm not saying anything to the OP, mainly just stating an outsiders observations, that being said I overall want him to succeed, but at this point that's like hoping I make it out of Thailand without an STD.

1- Mike5215 and DaveW68 are the reasons ive read through 70+ pages. You guys are like alcohol at a bar...it's why I'm here.

2- I have been a member on car forums for over 15 years, ranging from DSMs in my early days, to Corvette, Cadillac, Mopar, Lotus, and the forum responsible for finding this golden thread, Supraforums. In all my years, I have never seen a more useless thread full of great info. Numerous members on here took time to lend their opinion, some even professional opinions, even concerns of safety for his family that would ride in this car, to not only be ignored....but basically do the exact opposite.

3- I have always wanted an S class, always loved these cars. Hell, a member on Supraforums (Denroll) has one of the most beautiful cars I've ever seen, but I know my limits. Could I buy a S-Class, sure could. Could I afford one, not conveniently. I think that's what the OP doesn't understand, the continuous love/repair the car will need. He has mentioned he turbo'd cars before (Honda's), those owners make something out of nothing because they don't have the money, they are cheap to fix, and hardly ever break down. The S-class is basically the exact opposite of all of that. When you cant afford a $150 STAR scan....pretty sure that's checkmate.

4- When/if all is said and done and this car runs, the OP wont care how It looks because he is riding in a 'Cedes (sounds like a hooker in a meth den) and the people who he hangs out with clearly wont be able to tell the difference in quality work. I feel for the S-class community, to sit here and see one of their beloved cars being treat with such disregard for its overall well being. The funny thing is, no one here has even cared that he bought a salvage title S, it's the fact on the ill advised way of handling every situation possible. An S-class is a grown-ups car, not a big kids backyard T-bucket.

5- I also have no clue how the OP was able to save 12k to buy this car and be flat broke now when house hold income is north of 130k. Especially after stating how he saved 22k and I think it was 15k at separate times, then saved up another 13k to buy this car. I cant figure out why he wouldn't of waited another 5 months to save up money to buy one with no issues... None of the numbers add up, at all.

6- I will continue to read on and follow this story until he fades away and stops posting, or this becomes the longest public restoration in car forums history. But before I go I have to ask one question, I don't think its been asked so I'll just be blunt (no pun intended): Am I the only one who thinks OP is a drug Dealer?
Wow! Only 1 post and this guy already gets it. This is why the forums need to add a "Like" button. I don't want to thank Charles for his post, but I want him to know that I like it. But let me throw in the now cliche, thank you for your service.

I'm pretty certain that Benzs55 is not a drug dealer. Drug dealers, no matter how stupid, usually have some sort of business sense. S55 possesses no common sense, so odds are against him of having any kind of business sense. But he does appear to be at the very least a recreational pot smoker. I mean you'd have to be high to write almost all of the stupid sh*t that he does, right?

I'm a little saddened that the infamy of this ridiculous thread has made it onto other board. Benzs55 is starting to give S-class owners a bad name. Hopefully others who read it won't think that anybody here else is like this him. He's off on his own island and most of us have tried to be the rescue boat to try and rescue him from himself and this ill advised project....which by the way hasn't even started with more than 70 pages of moronic content. Oh wait, he has a wooden steering wheel and a used refrigerator sitting in his garage.

None of this thread makes a bit of sense. I honestly think Benzs55 is either a pathological liar or his drug impairment has taken him from any sense of reality. Or of course as previously mentioned, he's mentally retarded. Or he may just be mentally ill. It really cannot be anything other than any of those 4 things. No sober person in their right mind behaves like him.

Thanks for joining us Charles. Even though you don't own one of these cars, I hope you will post some helpful information that the board can use.
Old 04-15-2016, 11:05 AM

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
2008 S550
I'd advise, generally, against making statements on public forums that are capable of being verified as fact (or not) and which could damage one's reputation.

I mean, I suppose if you want to join the chorus calling OP stupid and/or retarded (that S class owner sophistication shining through!), go ahead, but negative statements of fact are just a bad idea.
Old 04-15-2016, 11:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 556 Likes on 473 Posts
2016 C300
Yeah, what the heck is the matter with you snobby S Class a-holes anyways? You think you're "better" than us just because you make more money, live more interesting lives and have hotter wives?

There's a lot more to life! Like watching a beautiful sunset through the windshield of your C Class, and really feeling it, because the C Class doesn't have polarized, insulated, infrared rejecting glass.

Or pulling up to a valet stand in your C Class and having time to really appreciate your surroundings, because the valet guys pretty much ignore you and leave you sitting there for a long time?
The following 7 users liked this post by Mike5215:
Abrown3mtg (04-22-2016), Bluemax (04-15-2016), Dr.Toothache (05-10-2016), Luthian (04-15-2016), mercedesbenzs55 (04-15-2016), Newzchspy (04-21-2016), xpl0sive (04-15-2016) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 04-15-2016, 12:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
Acura TL 2008 - Acura MDX 2012
Originally Posted by Mike5215
Yeah, what the heck is the matter with you snobby S Class a-holes anyways? You think you're "better" than us just because you make more money, live more interesting lives and have hotter wives?

There's a lot more to life! Like watching a beautiful sunset through the windshield of your C Class, and really feeling it, because the C Class doesn't have polarized, insulated, infrared rejecting glass.

Or pulling up to a valet stand in your C Class and having time to really appreciate your surroundings, because the valet guys pretty much ignore you and leave you sitting there for a long time?
Comedy Gold!

Last edited by mercedesbenzs55; 04-15-2016 at 12:13 PM.
Old 04-15-2016, 12:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 S550
Originally Posted by mercedesbenzs55
Comedy Gold!
WTF is Comedy Gold? Was that a segment on Showtime at the Apollo?
Old 04-15-2016, 12:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

OK, I made an account just to post one time, bare with me. I'm not saying anything to the OP, mainly just stating an outsiders observations, that being said I overall want him to succeed, but at this point that's like hoping I make it out of Thailand without an STD.

1- Mike5215 and DaveW68 are the reasons ive read through 70+ pages. You guys are like alcohol at a bar...it's why I'm here.

2- I have been a member on car forums for over 15 years, ranging from DSMs in my early days, to Corvette, Cadillac, Mopar, Lotus, and the forum responsible for finding this golden thread, Supraforums. In all my years, I have never seen a more useless thread full of great info. Numerous members on here took time to lend their opinion, some even professional opinions, even concerns of safety for his family that would ride in this car, to not only be ignored....but basically do the exact opposite.

3- I have always wanted an S class, always loved these cars. Hell, a member on Supraforums (Denroll) has one of the most beautiful cars I've ever seen, but I know my limits. Could I buy a S-Class, sure could. Could I afford one, not conveniently. I think that's what the OP doesn't understand, the continuous love/repair the car will need. He has mentioned he turbo'd cars before (Honda's), those owners make something out of nothing because they don't have the money, they are cheap to fix, and hardly ever break down. The S-class is basically the exact opposite of all of that. When you cant afford a $150 STAR scan....pretty sure that's checkmate.

4- When/if all is said and done and this car runs, the OP wont care how It looks because he is riding in a 'Cedes (sounds like a hooker in a meth den) and the people who he hangs out with clearly wont be able to tell the difference in quality work. I feel for the S-class community, to sit here and see one of their beloved cars being treat with such disregard for its overall well being. The funny thing is, no one here has even cared that he bought a salvage title S, it's the fact on the ill advised way of handling every situation possible. An S-class is a grown-ups car, not a big kids backyard T-bucket.

5- I also have no clue how the OP was able to save 12k to buy this car and be flat broke now when house hold income is north of 130k. Especially after stating how he saved 22k and I think it was 15k at separate times, then saved up another 13k to buy this car. I cant figure out why he wouldn't of waited another 5 months to save up money to buy one with no issues... None of the numbers add up, at all.

6- I will continue to read on and follow this story until he fades away and stops posting, or this becomes the longest public restoration in car forums history. But before I go I have to ask one question, I don't think its been asked so I'll just be blunt (no pun intended): Am I the only one who thinks OP is a drug Dealer?
1. When I was choosing one of the two forums to join in december. It wasn't hard to choose this one. Benzworld has colors that hurt your eyes, show pages, advertisements galore(even after you log in), slow/uninterested moderators.
What sealed the deal for me on MBWorld.org was the Mike and Dave show.

2. How were they ignored? I've been vocal about fixing it using a chain and tree and they convinced me to do otherwise.

3. I turboed those cars as a self taught teenager with no money. I'm pushing 30. So it was time to test the waters. The car runs and drives well. Why get it scanned just yet? What could be so catastrophical?

4. It does run, and well. What you may have not read yet is that, I haven't started the repairs. So how would you know my friends wouldn't notice the hack job the tree made? "Hooker in a meth den"? Yuck! Are those the sorts of people/places you frequent? At most, I figured "'Cedes" sounded a bit "Street". Salvaged title? No one? Ask Dave if hes no one. Whats a T-Bucket? Is that whats used to make iced tea on a hot day?

5. I didn't want one with "no issues". How did I save it? Did you parents not teach you how to save? or are you a typical consumer?

6. Drug dealer? HA! I wouldn't have made a fundme page to raise money if I was dealing drugs. I used to smoke weed which is perfectly legal in my state and gave away weed in order to never be labeled a drug dealer, but I don't do that. Hell, I don't even consume caffeine unless its out of a T-Bucket!
I don't think me dealing drugs would be beneficial to the health of my family.

Could you post a link of the Supraforums thread?

Last edited by mercedesbenzs55; 04-15-2016 at 01:19 PM.
Old 04-15-2016, 12:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by DaveW68
WTF is Comedy Gold? Was that a segment on Showtime at the Apollo?
http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...rm=comedy+gold Looks like the Russian with English as a second language is teaching Dave? Must be because my father worked hard and sacrificed to put us kids through private schools though he is an immigrant.

No, it was The Phil Hendrie Show, an AM radio station years ago where a one guy would play a scene and voice all the characters in it. In the intro to his program a gremlin sounding character would exclamate "Comedy Gold!", and it just stuck.

Last edited by mercedesbenzs55; 04-15-2016 at 01:08 PM.
Old 04-15-2016, 09:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 S550
http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...rm=comedy+gold Looks like the Russian with English as a second language is teaching Dave? Must be because my father worked hard and sacrificed to put us kids through private schools though he is an immigrant.

No, it was The Phil Hendrie Show, an AM radio station years ago where a one guy would play a scene and voice all the characters in it. In the intro to his program a gremlin sounding character would exclamate "Comedy Gold!", and it just stuck.
Did you see that Mike? Benzs55 called you a gremlin. That should automatically demote you to 4th place.
Old 04-15-2016, 09:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 556 Likes on 473 Posts
2016 C300
Dave if there's one thing I've learned in my quest to post the 2nd most number of irrelevant posts, a title which I have held for many many pages, is that there are no shortcuts. It takes focus, dedication and occasionally disregarding the dosing instructions on your wife's prescription period medicine.
Old 04-15-2016, 11:57 PM

Received 63 Likes on 53 Posts
2011 GL 550, 2010 MB S550, 2004 BMW 645Cic 1988 Corvette

4- 'Cedes (sounds like a hooker in a meth den)

5- I also have no clue how the OP was able to save 12k to buy this car and be flat broke now when house hold income is north of 130k. Especially after stating how he saved 22k

'Cedes sounds like a hooker in a meth den
may be the best one liner in this thread, as well as the only good thing to come out of this trainwreck.

I think he was talking about rubles and not dollars.
Old 04-17-2016, 03:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lotus
Originally Posted by The Thomas J

'Cedes sounds like a hooker in a meth den
may be the best one liner in this thread, as well as the only good thing to come out of this trainwreck.

I think he was talking about rubles and not dollars.
I also forgot to add you into my post with Mike and Dave of the comic relief of this thread. Glad I could add a one liner to contribute
Old 04-18-2016, 10:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 S550
I think this might be Benzs55. Check out the matching Flock of Seagulls haircut.

Facebook Post
Old 04-18-2016, 10:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts
'15 T&C & '14 SL63
Racoon bites are pretty much guaranteed to be a full series of rabies shots.
Old 04-18-2016, 09:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 110 Likes on 101 Posts
2008 CLK550 Cab
Nah, I would just spend more time on the S. I get too much of a kick from shooting the govno with the fellas.

Every time I see your handle I double take cause my mind says "Kidney!". It doesnt help that your car is the color of a canned kidney bean. You know the kind, where even after you drain the liquid it still have that slime.
Yeah, tried to find one in one of those interesting S550 colors: "But don't you have one in black? Or if not black, do you have it in black? Or how about black?" At least as a Rooski you can appreciate that the car looks like it was designed specifically to participate in a slow-motion parade of Russian generals. I've seen more interesting loaves of bread.
Old 04-21-2016, 02:44 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
S350L
its getting quiet here

Our most entertaning thread is quiet, must as well give some ideas to the "cedes" owner for him to try as he seems to have extra budget and time

Fridge installation without the door frame

Piano black

Adjustable angle and massage seats

Remote control for LED strip replacing original ambient light

LED turn signal cover, non facelift

Old 04-21-2016, 03:39 AM

S350L
benzs55 i guess you can do all above DIY. go for it
Old 04-21-2016, 12:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Is that your car?
Old 04-21-2016, 04:45 PM

S350L
Is that your car?
Yes, UK version brought over here;
Old 04-21-2016, 09:56 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 S550 4-Matic
Originally Posted by beboy

Our most entertaning thread is quiet, must as well give some ideas to the "cedes" owner for him to try as he seems to have extra budget and time

Fridge installation without the door frame

Piano black

Adjustable angle and massage seats

Remote control for LED strip replacing original ambient light

LED turn signal cover, non facelift

Post pics of your led strip.
Old 04-22-2016, 03:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lotus

I would much rather have enjoy a salvaged title car with lower mileage then sweat bullets as I watch the odometer go up after 100k miles.
A clean title does not mean the car was driven/taken car of better.

How much is your odometer moving at the moment?
Old 04-22-2016, 03:56 AM

S350L
oops LED strip is hidden behind the panels. forgot to take picts
Old 04-22-2016, 03:58 AM

S350L
small fluorescent stickers on the glassroof to make it look like the new bmw 7's at night. haha kids stuff but neat
Old 04-22-2016, 07:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts
'15 T&C & '14 SL63
How much is your odometer moving at the moment?

lol Zing!

His is probably going up faster than mine is at this point. At least now that he has insurance.

FWIW, If he can get the title and reg, daily driving it for a few weeks while he waits for money for the body work probably isn't the worst idea. Shake out the rest of the mechanicals.
Old 04-22-2016, 09:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 S550
Originally Posted by nycphotography
lol Zing!

His is probably going up faster than mine is at this point. At least now that he has insurance.

FWIW, If he can get the title and reg, daily driving it for a few weeks while he waits for money for the body work probably isn't the worst idea. Shake out the rest of the mechanicals.
And then set him back even further as more stuff breaks. And then he'd talk himself into the purchase of a new grille, side mirrors, and an attempt to purchase and install Distronic+ and night vision. All of that on top of trying to install a power trunk closer and rear camera.

I think it's best he just let the car sit until he can afford to have the bodywork done. Otherwise it's never going to happen and this thread may drag on a few more years.
Old 04-22-2016, 03:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 84 Likes on 78 Posts
2010 E550 P2 w/AMG Sport Package + Pano, 2015 Nissan Pathfinder
I'm all caught up now . I'll check back some time next week. I assume it'll be in the shop by the following week or so. Good Luck

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.25 average.

Quick Reply: I finally bought it Fellas!